Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

25 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

That would be huge news. Can we dust Dimbleby off for the Cenotaph in November and Election Night 2024?

He resigned from the BBC over a dispute about what involvement he would have at the coronation. The cenotaph will likely be hosted by Sophie Raworth and Election Night Laura Kunessberg. 

I’d also heard Edwards but I didn’t believe it. Shocked and disappointed.

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Election Night Laura Kunessberg. 

No.

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Oh gods, no.

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Aww Jesus....

I'll just leave this here.

Personal life

Edwards is married to Vicky Flind, a television producer, whose credits include editing This Week and Peston. The couple live in Dulwich, London, and have five children. Edwards is an active Christian and is a weekly churchgoer. He has stated that he has had bouts of depression since 2002.

Missed toast and tqr due to phone gremlins but I concur!

• Haha 1

FWIW, here's the BBC's info as to why "the presenter" hasn't been named:

This is a complicated newsroom equation that criss-crosses between editorial ethics and the law. Here's the problem: As of Sunday, the BBC star story is more questions than answers. The Sun's coverage is somewhat coy about specifics. It is not clear whether it has seen proof of the payments or the alleged photograph of the star in underwear. 

And this is where the law bites. The courts have long recognised that it is in the public interest for journalists to unmask "the fraudulent and the scandalous", to quote one famous case, but if there is a lack of reportable evidence, the legal problems begin to build. The first is the law of defamation which protects an individual's reputation from the massive harm caused by lies. It protects everyone from a high-profile BBC presenter to an entirely private individual.

Anyone speculating today on social media about the identity of the presenter should think very, very carefully about the consequences. They could be sued for the harm they cause and financially ruined. An innuendo can be just as catastrophic to reputation. Ten years ago, Sally Bercow, wife of the then Speaker of the House of Commons, had to pay damages to the late Lord Robert McAlpine, a Conservative peer. The High Court ruled that one of her tweets - which did not name the peer - had wrongly suggested he was a paedophile. The risks don't end there, thanks to a 1986 case that leaves bona fide trained journalists with the shivers.

Back then, a newspaper reported an allegation that a detective in Banbury's CID unit had raped a woman. It did not name the detective. But the unit only comprised 12 officers. Members of that group successfully sued, saying enough people knew who they were to assume that they might be the guilty party. So even if a news organisation chooses not to name the presenter, they could inadvertently implicate an entirely innocent colleague. But that's not the only reason why the BBC presenter has so far not been named.

It also discusses the potential criminality of the claims and the Supreme Court's recent redefinition of 'privacy' which also plays a part in the person remaining anonymous. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66148321

Such a pity that we didn’t have a list of assumed-straight BBC presenters posted on here as well!

If true, shame & a big fuck you to the people hounding the openly gay presenters for the last 24 hours. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Such a pity that we didn’t have a list of assumed-straight BBC presenters posted on here as well!

If true, shame & a big fuck you to the people hounding the openly gay presenters for the last 24 hours. 

That was when it was thought that the teenager was male. (I'm not sure that's been confirmed.) 

And there was some talk of the offender being "in the closet" so listing the "out" guys presumably put them in the clear.

IMG_8053.thumb.jpeg.78c81777eeef2e192556e37b18a537f9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TQR said:

I’d also heard Edwards but I didn’t believe it. Shocked and disappointed.

No.

She hosted the local election night. It only be her Sophie Raworth or Fiona Bruce.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

A mate at the Beeb has now informed me it is indeed Edwards.

Perhaps he was still "in bits" over the Queen's death?

21 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

It very much seems to be Huw Edwards going by the reporting. 

Of course, he could be on holiday but I did find it telling he hasn't denied it. He doesn't have to, of course, but by not denying it only fans the speculation.

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

She hosted the local election night. It only be her Sophie Raworth or Fiona Bruce.

It won’t be K*****berg and it won’t be Bruce. They’ve both got a reputation for bias so bad even the BBC aren’t blind to it.

So - not slinging any mud, just being hypothetical - if it is Edwards, where does that leave the Beeb's attempts to maintain a definitive hold on the historical record? It's one thing to cancel Gary Glitter when Radio Two counts down historic charts and ignore the great man's 14 top ten hits (incl. 3 #1s) but Edwards is all over the recordings of their announcement of the death of the Queen, records of election coverage and many other historic announcements. Will a Director General in a decade or so replace him with a deep fake, or summat?

• Like 4

There’s a picture of Huw Edwards displaying his ass with his trousers around his ankles circulating on Twitter that people are debating whether it’s fake or real. Either way it’s something I wish I could unsee. 

4 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

These things are relative in many ways. To a 17-year-old anyone over 30 seems middle-aged. But objectively, how many BBC presenters aren't more or less middle-aged, especially the male ones?

Generally, 30-60s are "middle aged" in BBC speak.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, msc said:

Missed toast and tqr due to phone gremlins but I concur!

TQR has just face-palmed me. Taff Q***r Reprobate? :lol:

2 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Of course, he could be on holiday but I did find it telling he hasn't denied it. He doesn't have to, of course, but by not denying it only fans the speculation.

:lol:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

There’s a picture of Huw Edwards displaying his ass with his trousers around his ankles circulating on Twitter that people are debating whether it’s fake or real. Either way it’s something I wish I could unsee. 

The pic you were talking about appeared on my feed. I didn’t care for it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kenny said:

TQR has just face-palmed me. Taff Q***r Reprobate? :lol:

Snowflake.

Oh look, you also edited out the second bit of your post. Coward.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, TQR said:

It won’t be K*****berg and it won’t be Bruce. They’ve both got a reputation for bias so bad even the BBC aren’t blind to it.

I heard Philip Schofield is available ..

• Like 2