Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

so I was thinking...this year and a couple to follow will be big for history and we will see it happen, by that I mean 2 living 90+ US presidents who could die this year, Nancy is dead already so there are 2 more oldies and 3 younger first ladies, Muhammad Ali, Elizabeth 2, 2 popes, Kirk Douglas, Jerry Lewis who are one of the last big name Golden Age of Hollywood survivors and many more of that stuff....if they all die this year, it will be a big year to remember since 4-5 superstars died already.....what do you think?

so I was thinking...this year and a couple to follow will be big for history and we will see it happen, by that I mean 2 living 90+ US presidents who could die this year, Nancy is dead already so there are 2 more oldies and 3 younger first ladies, Muhammad Ali, Elizabeth 2, 2 popes, Kirk Douglas, Jerry Lewis who are one of the last big name Golden Age of Hollywood survivors and many more of that stuff....if they all die this year, it will be a big year to remember since 4-5 superstars died already.....what do you think?

A few rock'n'rollers too. Chuck Berry, Fats Domino and Jerry Lee Lewis to name a few

A few rock'n'rollers too. Chuck Berry, Fats Domino and Jerry Lee Lewis to name a few

well judging by first 2 and a half months (Bowie, Nancy...) of this year and last 5-6 back (Jackson, Houston, Winehouse....) this decade will be historic

There are so many iconic names that could well go this year.

• Like 2

They won't all die this year, though.

Maybe one of three rock and rollers, possibly Benedict, and one of the two presidents seems pretty likely. The rest, nah.

This is SO not the thread for talking about who MIGHT die.
SC

• Like 2

This is SO not the thread for talking about who MIGHT die.

SC

Indeed Sir Creep, anyone in the public eye can meet the Grim Reaper at any time.

For example, we all know Paul Daniels is about to pop off, but who'd have thought prog-rocker Keith Emerson would go before him ?

• Like 1

Good gravy! I've actually seen Emerson, Lake and & Palmer in concert with the wasband. It was a long time ago before we married I think. It is a tough year for him, first his idol Bowie and now 1/3 of one of his favourite bands. Morissey must be next.

Alanis Morissette. Close but not quite. There was rain on my wedding day; and yes, good advice that I just didn't take. I met the man of my dreams, there was no beautiful wife but he did move back to Holland. All unfortunate but not really ironic.

Thank you disillusionment...

:) I've asked for the Jagged Little Pill anniversary boxed set for my birthday.

• Like 4

Alanis Morissette. Close but not quite. There was rain on my wedding day; and yes, good advice that I just didn't take. I met the man of my dreams, there was no beautiful wife but he did move back to Holland. All unfortunate but not really ironic.

Maybe Hein can hunt him down and knee cap him? :D

• Like 3

Ah indeed, it'll be the 20th anniversary since her album was unleashed upon the more discerning, listening public.. and a damn fine album it was too ! The lyrics to 'You Oughta Know' still ring through my ears when I left my ex-wife.. after I caught her muff-ruffling with another woman, as ya do.

(I only left her 'cos she wouldn't share) :glare:

• Like 2

Donnie Duncan, whose varied career in college sports included 10 years as Oklahoma's athletic director, died Sunday morning at his home in Dallas after a lengthy battle with cancer.

He was 75. Duncan was Oklahoma's athletic director from 1986-96 and played a key role in the creation of the Big 12.

SC

Ah indeed, it'll be the 20th anniversary since her album was unleashed upon the more discerning, listening public.. and a damn fine album it was too ! The lyrics to 'You Oughta Know' still ring through my ears when I left my ex-wife.. after I caught her muff-ruffling with another woman, as ya do.

Obviously you don't mind sharing ST.

• Like 1

Keep up the posting quality, you are certainly in the gang now.

We wont be mugging you for your dinner money.

• Like 3

Peter Maxwell-Davies, one of Britain's best composers, has died. http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35802564

Yeah, and he's already decomposing.

And it was posted hours before you posted it.

Living on this side of The Pond has it's disadvantages- one if that news reaches me quite late in the game sometimes!

• Like 1

Peter Maxwell-Davies, one of Britain's best composers, has died. http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35802564

Yeah, and he's already decomposing.

And it was posted hours before you posted it.

Living on this side of The Pond has it's disadvantages- one if that news reaches me quite late in the game sometimes!

Aye, and apologies for repeating a joke that'd gone down earlier; though - frankly - it's hard to keep tabs on everything that goes on when you drop in a few minutes at a time from work.