ImNotHades

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

In a couple of interviews Arthur says:

http://thequietus.com/articles/05684-blancmange-interview-blanc-burn

I have been asked before why we changed Marilyn French to Barbara Cartland. But the fact that anyone would even have to ask why is hilarious.

This silly woman was making an edible pair of tits for a theme party. They were made from pink blancmange with two grapes as the nipples.

Now it's living on the ceiling.

ABBA were really huge here in Sweden when my parents were kids in the 70s and early 80s. While their songs might not be everybody's cup of tea, it is hard to overlook the fact that they knew how to make hits that would appeal to the large mass. Vocal performance and lyrics aside, I think it was their usage of interesting instrumentals that really made them great. For example, the intro to Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! or the piano riff of Chiquitita. The two Bs in the group were incredibly gifted producers!

Ironically, two of their biggest hits, Waterloo and Mamma Mia, are among the least favourites of mine. But that's just my personal opinion...

Fun fact: Benny Andersson's grandson Charlie Grönvall is currently a contestant in Swedish Idol 2016 who's made it to the top 10. His mother, Nanne Grönvall, is a famous singer here and her husband is Benny's son Peter. Born in 1990, maybe Charlie could keep this ABBA thread alive for the next 60 years or so, even after the original four are long gone...

ABBA were really huge here in Sweden when my parents were kids in the 70s and early 80s. While their songs might not be everybody's cup of tea, it is hard to overlook the fact that they knew how to make hits that would appeal to the large mass. Vocal performance and lyrics aside, I think it was their usage of interesting instrumentals that really made them great. For example, the intro to Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! or the piano riff of Chiquitita. The two Bs in the group were incredibly gifted producers!

Ironically, two of their biggest hits, Waterloo and Mamma Mia, are among the least favourites of mine. But that's just my personal opinion...

Fun fact: Benny Andersson's grandson Charlie Grönvall is currently a contestant in Swedish Idol 2016 who's made it to the top 10. His mother, Nanne Grönvall, is a famous singer here and her husband is Benny's son Peter. Born in 1990, maybe Charlie could keep this ABBA thread alive for the next 60 years or so, even after the original four are long gone...

Fun fact: LOADS of people mistakenly think Napoleon surrendered at Waterloo

It's bollocks, he abdicated FOUR days later - 22 June 1815

ABBA might know summat about writing hit records but don't assume they know everything

• Like 2

I wonder when it will be time to look at ABBA? Somewhat rare for a 70s group for all members to be alive and seemingly doing well considering three of the four are now 70 plus.  

21 hours ago, Deathrace said:

I wonder when it will be time to look at ABBA? Somewhat rare for a 70s group for all members to be alive and seemingly doing well considering three of the four are now 70 plus.  

Stones haven't lost a member since the sixties. Wyman is in his 80's.

All eight former and current members of Aerosmith are still alive. All 65 and older.

Of the 10 current en former band members of KISS,  8 are still alive and kicking.

All but one of the 8 current and former band members of Def Leppard, still touring by the way, are alive.

Best example:

The Cure, founded in 1976, all five members are still in the band and still active.

On the above, when did ZZ Top start up, and aren't they all still going?

Wtf has surrender to do with his abdication? :lol:

On 10/26/2016 at 14:33, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Yeah what happened with this?  I was beyond excited, haven't heard boo about it since.  I posted this on FB and many friends re-posted.  WTH did they do, play one gig in Stockholm?  Reunion Shpeunion.  Where the hell are they?
SC

56 minutes ago, msc said:

On the above, when did ZZ Top start up, and aren't they all still going?

ZZ Top started in 1969 and are still going strong. They performed in Oslo this year in October I think.

1 hour ago, Whitehouse said:

Best example:

The Cure, founded in 1976, all five members are still in the band and still active.

Likewise U2, and still with the original line-up which must be very rare.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Likewise U2, and still with the original line-up which must be very rare.

But Bono will never die. He will just disappear up his own arse one day.

• Haha 4

Its not, the Edges brother (Dick?) was also there early days, also on guitar I think.

They weren't a 4 piece.

Come to think of it, CSN (and Y) formed 1968-ish, and somehow all 4 are still breathing as of this post.

2 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Best example:

Since 1989 Robert Smith has been the only original member of The Cure still in the band, which started out as a trio.   Apart from that, you're spot on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought Los Lobos were the longest-running band with all their original members (1973 to present day), but Wikipedia seems to think they changed drummers at some point.

Does anyone know if they're up to owt? :duck:

• Like 1

Lol. Just found out the UK gave Waterloo null points back in 72 :D

2 hours ago, charon said:

Lol. Just found out the UK gave Waterloo null points back in 72 :D

Sure it wasn't '74? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aye, they got null points then too.

* saving face type of reply.

• Like 2

Since this thread has been dragged to the top again let's have a reality check. I think they all look and sound good for their age

Bjorn - 73

Anni-Frid - 72

Benny - 71

Agnetha - 68

Loaded, living in a country with high standards of health care and generally able to keep the stress levels down. Quite possible at least one of them will see 100. Benny's weight might be the nearest thing on show to a conspicious health problem unless the rumours about Agnetha's mental health are more than rumours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Since this thread has been dragged to the top again let's have a reality check. I think they all look and sound good for their age

Bjorn - 73

Anni-Frid - 72

Benny - 71

Agnetha - 68

Loaded, living in a country with high standards of health care and generally able to keep the stress levels down. Quite possible at least one of them will see 100. Benny's weight might be the nearest thing on show to a conspicious health problem unless the rumours about Agnetha's mental health are more than rumours.

BABA.

I resent the existence of this fucking thread.  It's creator ImNotHades should have his IP banned for life frankly.  And many other punishments, shunning perhaps.
SC