Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

With a lot of famous people ill and in a bad shape I don't understand why looking into crap names...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

I have heard of Bohm Ecclestone Dobrev  Henrik Cameron Stevens and McCallion.

I'd expect nothing less ;)

1 minute ago, Deadpool said:

With a lot of famous people ill and in a bad shape I don't understand why looking into crap names...

I agree. There are plenty of people on their last legs to pick.

• Thanks 1

And Cameron is Bermudiam but a permanent UK resident now.

Jacques Chirac, Pope Francis, Aretha Franklin, Yoko Ono, Pelè, Donald Trump, Andrea Camilleri, Angela Lansbury, Tinto Brass, Diego Maradona, Macaulay Culkin, Michael Douglas, Mel Brooks, Ian McKellen, Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Paul Gascoigne, David Attenborough, Tina Turner, Alan Greenspan, Jean Marie Le Pen, Charles Aznavour, Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Richards, Lina Wertmuller, Avram Noam Chomsky

Earl Cameron is one of the great pioneering British black actors - one of the first black actors to play normal roles rather than ones created to be the black character.

He was in Doctor Who when he got killed by the Cybermen:

latest?cb=20120815062834

He's also in Thunderball as one of Bond's allies

2568-19577-0.jpg

He was in everything from Neverwhere to The Avengers, from The Prisoner to Walking the Dead and Eastenders!

7ad4fcd1a851879f701db11b539a34e7--number

He is now 100, and seemingly in decent nick for that age.

Thus concludes the "who is Earl Cameron" answer post.

• Like 3

Here's one for folk in need of extra deadpool names. Was watching Dante's Peak on Film Four the other night. Fun volcano film from the 90s. Anyhow, the gran in it - Elizabeth Hoffman - was born in 1927 and is still going. A familar TV face, she was also in Stargate SG1 (recurring role), Thirtysomething, Sisters, Little House on the Praire, Star Trek and presumably many other shows that combine to give her a Guardian obit CV on her death one day in the future. One of those faces from US TV stuff back in the 80s/90s.

latest?cb=20120119133000&path-prefix=es

1 minute ago, msc said:

Here's one for folk in need of extra deadpool names. Was watching Dante's Peak on Film Four the other night. Fun volcano film from the 90s. Anyhow, the gran in it - Elizabeth Hoffman - was born in 1927 and is still going. A familar TV face, she was also in Stargate SG1 (recurring role), Thirtysomething, Sisters, Little House on the Praire, Star Trek and presumably many other shows that combine to give her a Guardian obit CV on her death one day in the future. One of those faces from US TV stuff back in the 80s/90s.

latest?cb=20120119133000&path-prefix=es

Hmm... she reminds me of Fionnula Flanagan who isn't quite there yet.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

17 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Donald Trump...Diego Maradona, Macaulay Culkin...Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Richards

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Sean said:

Henrik is Danish Stevens is American Dobrev is Eastern European and McCallion is Canadian.

Henrik's French really though, isn't he? 

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

Henrik's French really though, isn't he? 

Yes.

40 minutes ago, msc said:

Earl Cameron is one of the great pioneering British black actors - one of the first black actors to play normal roles rather than ones created to be the black character.

He was in Doctor Who when he got killed by the Cybermen:

latest?cb=20120815062834

He's also in Thunderball as one of Bond's allies

2568-19577-0.jpg

He was in everything from Neverwhere to The Avengers, from The Prisoner to Walking the Dead and Eastenders!

7ad4fcd1a851879f701db11b539a34e7--number

He is now 100, and seemingly in decent nick for that age.

Thus concludes the "who is Earl Cameron" answer post.

Oh, that Earl Cameron.  I was thinking it must be some aristocratic bod.

Love Earl Cameron. I think he’d be a great addition to the list. Feels quite DeathListy IMO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Love Earl Cameron. I think he’d be a great addition to the list. Feels quite DeathListy IMO

He is deathlisty for sure.

How about Topol?

39 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

How about Topol?

I loved him in Pipkins.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Jacques Chirac, Pope Francis, Aretha Franklin, Yoko Ono, Pelè, Donald Trump, Andrea Camilleri, Angela Lansbury, Tinto Brass, Diego Maradona, Macaulay Culkin, Michael Douglas, Mel Brooks, Ian McKellen, Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Paul Gascoigne, David Attenborough, Tina Turner, Alan Greenspan, Jean Marie Le Pen, Charles Aznavour, Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Richards, Lina Wertmuller, Avram Noam Chomsky

Keith Richards won’t die. Death will Keith Richards.

17 hours ago, Prophet said:

I mean, Ozzy and Keith... sure...

2 hours ago, MadMac said:

Keith Richards won’t die. Death will Keith Richards.

It's a tough one, I know ... but I have the feeling that he can't live much longer.

15 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

It's a tough one, I know ... but I have the feeling that he can't live much longer.

But there are much better picks than Keith Richard or Ozzy Osbourne. Keith Richard isn't even the best Deathlist candidate possible of the Rolling Stones (there are Ron Wood and Bill Wyman).

On ‎30‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 14:43, Prophet said:

Some more Ideas:

Gottfried Böhm

Klaus von Dohnanyi

Metin Kaplan

Bernie Ecclestone

Prince Henrik

Patricia Healey

Manfred Stolpe

Dobri Dobrew

Earl Cameron

John Paul Stevens

Josef Rüddel

Vito Perillo

Hazel McCallion

Rudolf Borchert

I think the suggestions are not so bad. but I also agree that these are probably not deathlisty enough, beside of Ecclestone oder Prince Henrik.
Klaus von Donhany is in my opinion one of the best known and smartest politicians in Germany. He was Mayor of Hamburg and Minister of Education. But his reputation in the UK or USA is probably as high as that of a Gord Downie or Erroll Christie in Germany :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Always thought a good DDP theme team would be a mock "entry-level deadpooler" side featuring the sort of people that only get picked in someone's first year deadpooling. Keith Richards, Ozzy Osbourne, Lindsay Lohan, Courtney Love etc.

21 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Always thought a good DDP theme team would be a mock "entry-level deadpooler" side featuring the sort of people that only get picked in someone's first year deadpooling. Keith Richards, Ozzy Osbourne, Lindsay Lohan, Courtney Love etc.

That inspired me to look back at my own first DDP team, ten years ago. 

Today there are three survivors:  Meat Loaf, John McCririck and the present Duke of Marlborough (then the Marquess of Blandford).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Ryan Buell. 

9 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I loved him in Pipkins.

That one was wasted on 43.4% of DLers.:lol:

• Like 2