Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

As Joey Russ said, Pelè looks terrible, is in a wheelchair and have been in and out of the hospital for so many years now...

By the way in some countries of South America a 78 year old person... is very old.

23 hours ago, Deadpool said:

As Joey Russ said, Pelè looks terrible, is in a wheelchair and have been in and out of the hospital for so many years now...

By the way in some countries of South America a 78 year old person... is very old.

Pele has only been in a wheelchair since his hip replacement. Admittedly he's lost some weight, but still seems to be doing well. 

I can totally see Jerry Stiller kicking the bucket in 2018.

jerry-stiller-ben-stiller-50-birthday.jpg

• Thanks 1

Anyone know anything regarding Barbara Taylor Bradford. She is knocking on a bit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Phantom said:

Pele has only been in a wheelchair since his hip replacement. Admittedly he's lost some weight, but still seems to be doing well. 

Maradonna had a coke habit and heart trouble so don't be fooled by him looking mobile and lively. He may go with a sudden heart attack. I'd give Pele a passable chance of seeing him into the grave.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Maradonna had a coke habit and heart trouble so don't be fooled by him looking mobile and lively. He may go with a sudden heart attack. I'd give Pele a passable chance of seeing him into the grave.

Indeed.  I had a theme team a couple of years ago called 'Long Shot Kick De Bucket' featuring people not known to be especially ill or old, but whose demise might not come as a total shock.  Maradona was in it.

Jose Carreras looks very frail & had to cancel a concert due to illness a while ago. Monserrat Caballe is infirm & wheelchair-bound. 

Placido Domingo, Sherrill Milnes, Mirella Freni & Tony Bennett on the other hand, seem to be in good form.

Just an Idea: Rosie O'Donnell. She had a heart-attack, seems extremely choleric & writes confusing stuff on her Twitter feed. (Just like the late Carrie Fisher). Kathy Griffin is also a loose cannon. I think that both are capable of committing an act of madness. 

We may also see one or two suicides as a result of the MeToo movement. Polanski was able to come through difficult times, because he never lost the support of the film industry. But times have changed. Weinstein, Spacey & James Levine are probably too narcissistic to take their own lives, but others may not be able to endure life as an outcast.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Didn't Maradona also have issues with alcoholism?

Yip.

But the  coke sorted that.....

Alexei Navalny makes his latest bid for the Drop 40. B)

Not a chance.

Vlad is 18 years in Power on hogmanay is it?

22 guaranteed, he'll allow some dissenting.

Might even be behind Navalny.....

Bernard tapie (cancer)

maradonna (heart disease)

pierre soulages (99 ans)

michel Polnareff (health issues)

nabi tajima (oldest woman alive, 117 yo)

lucette almonzor (Louis ferdinand celine’s widow, 106 yo)

rene de obaldia (french academist, 100 ans)

yasuhiro nakasone (ex-prime ministre of Japan, 100 yo)

Forget Tapie, he's at it.

Peter Alliss however......

Nawalny is the earliest living entry on my longlist. Things should be in order.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:06, bladan said:

Another Bond actress Diana Rigg – smoker from age 18, she continued to smoke 20 cigarettes a day. However, she gave up smoking in 2010 at age 72.

54 years of smoking * 20 cigarettes a day * 365 days a year = 395 000 cigarettes and still okay.

The Reaper took a swing for Rigg a few months back, but thankfully missed. Phew! A world without Emma Peel scarcely bares thinking.

“I had a heart operation two months ago; it was called a cardiac ablation [to correct irregular heart rhythms], because I had defibrillation [a dose of electric current].

“When I came round, the nurse said, ‘You might find a bit of a burn mark on your chest.’ That’s where they jump-started me. My heart had stopped ticking during the procedure, so I was up there and The Good Lord must have said, ‘Send the old bag down again, I’m not having her yet!’ “ she says, laughing.

Beyond that she says she prefers not to dwell on any more details, simply reassuring me, “I’m fine now.”

She doesn't have her own thread, and I'm not starting one, especially not for "survived a scare" relative good news.

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Looks pretty awful in recent photos,not sure their is much awareness of him outside of French speaking countries

Former Peruvian president Alberto Fujimori has been freed from prison on humanitarian grounds. He's been taken to hospital with low blood pressure and according to his doctors he is terminally ill. If this one is not entered in the top 50 next year, I would question the editors.

• Thanks 1

On 23-12-2017 at 22:48, ObakeFilter said:

I can totally see Jerry Stiller kicking the bucket in 2018.

jerry-stiller-ben-stiller-50-birthday.jpg

Would be quite a festivus....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, charon said:

Forget Tapie, he's at it.

Peter Alliss however......

I have a source who has inside info on Alliss. Word is “he could go anytime” but he is still hoping to travel to the US to commentate on the US Masters in April. Definitely worth a punt I would say. 

20 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Bernard tapie (cancer)

maradonna (heart disease)

pierre soulages (99 ans)

nabi tajima (oldest woman alive, 117 yo)

lucette almonzor (Louis ferdinand celine’s widow, 106 yo)

rene de obaldia (french academist, 100 ans)

yasuhiro nakasone (ex-prime ministre of Japan, 100 yo)

I agree with your list. 

I'd add Jacques Delors former President of European Commission who'll have 93 next year.

5 hours ago, ImissMontpellier said:

I agree with your list. 

I'd add Jacques Delors former President of European Commission who'll have 93 next yearlings

5 hours ago, ImissMontpellier said:

I agree with your list. 

I'd add Jacques Delors former President of European Commission who'll have 93 next year.

Of course, Jacques was The following one on my own list, he could really be a good name for 2018 

• Thanks 1