weatherman90

Bob Barker

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

99 and just a few post in his thread in 2022. Boring pick or suspect lack of news about him ? Anyway, I think he can do a Betty White and die just before his 100th birthday. 

Lack of news, there's not been much news about him during the last years. I'm doubting the Closer Weekly article saying he's "a bit forgetful but doing fine". He's had atleast two, some have said four or five strokes, blocked carotid arteries and other heart problems, cancer multiple times, falls...A miracle he's still alive.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

99 and just a few post in his thread in 2022. Boring pick or suspect lack of news about him ? Anyway, I think he can do a Betty White and die just before his 100th birthday. 

Basically an American Leslie Phillips ie used to be very active for their age but is now very, very old and frail and so isn't anymore. 

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 12:25, arghton said:

I wouldn't completely trust Closer Weekly, but here's an article from August, interview of Nancy Burnet of United Activists for Animal Rights who is his "girlfriend"

Another new Nancy Burnet article. Here's the pertinent stuff:

"He's going to be 99, and he takes one prescription medication and that's for his thyroid," Burnet, 79, revealed.

"So, he does not take anything for blood pressure, cholesterol, the umpteen other things that most people take as they grow older."

"He's in very good health for his age and his humor is still in good shape. He's had a very charmed life."

Burnet said that she and the former "Truth or Consequences" host would be having a "very simple and quiet" birthday celebration at his home with "cake and the usual things." 

Burnet told Fox News Digital that Barker now enjoys spending his days playing board games or cards and watching sports or classic movies. "He's a history buff," she said of the former U.S. Navy aviator.

"He's very much interested in history," she added "He doesn't read much anymore. But when he did, he read mostly about history, American history, wars, World War II. He's very knowledgeable about it."

• Like 8
  • Shocked 1

God: ...That's odd, I just spotted that talented musician Tom Parker up here in Heaven. But he was so young, what happened? :huh:

Angel: Have you already forgotten? You were bored one day and wanted to play a game of Chinese whispers with all the angels. Whoever it ended up with would have their fate sealed. :rolleyes:

God: Oh my Go...I mean self. No wonder I never run into Bob Barker around these parts. Hahahaha oh well, no harm no foul, innit? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Bob Barker come on up 

• Like 2

There's over 200 people on the forum right now making it very slow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Mainstream  UK press now reporting the news. 

I wasn't sure he'd get much if any UK press coverage. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/26/bob-barker-price-is-right-host-dead

I figured he would. He's one of those names who I know through American movie/TV references, even if he didn't have his own shows here (that I'm aware of!). Also his Happy Gilmore appearance referenced a few posts above. And his semi-regular WWE appearances (see also Bob Uecker and Pete Rose, who are apparently sports stars and not comedic foils!).

• Like 2

'Bob Barker - Come On Down!'

Really missed a trick there. Could've had something genius like 'Price Is Right Host is Toast'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

I figured he would. He's one of those names who I know through American movie/TV references, even if he didn't have his own shows here (that I'm aware of!). Also his Happy Gilmore appearance referenced a few posts above. And his semi-regular WWE appearances (see also Bob Uecker and Pete Rose, who are apparently sports stars and not comedic foils!).

I first learnt of him when  he appeared on the DeathList here! There have been a few people  I have learnt of this way including I'm slightly embarrassed to say a few famous British people  such as Nigel Starmer Smith!

Perhaps I'm too busy enmeshed in the world of the niche ,obscure and unique!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I first learnt of him when  he appeared on the DeathList here! There have been a few people  I have learnt of this way including I'm slightly embarrassed to say a few famous British people  such as Nigel Starmer Smith!

Perhaps I'm too busy enmeshed in the world of the niche ,obscure and unique!!

Not of all can be sad bastards tbf. :D

I suspect there's American TV fans on the Cmme. With the internet it's far easier to watch stuff from across the world now. Alex Trebek's Jeopardy! episodes were on UK Netflix recently, for example.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1