Ant McPartlin

12 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Apparently Decs doing it solo. 

27 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

I am not sure that anyone is going to want to watch that

• Haha 1

On 20/03/2018 at 08:15, Lard Bazaar said:

A few different stories going round as to be expected but some saying his mum was in the car with him, if true why the fuck would she let him drive in that state? I feel for him as he’s obviously going through some sort of mental breakdown however there is no justification for drinking and driving.   It’s a shame he seems to be on a journey of self destruction because whether they are to your taste or not, Ant and Dec are extremely good at what they do.  

His mum was in the car with him. The thing is we don't know the full circumstances, it's quite possible she didn't know he was drunk if he was only  a bit over the limit or even quite a bit. There's a reason "functional alcohol" is a thing. 

19 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am not sure that anyone is going to want to watch that

I understand why they're doing it though. Already handed out the Florida tickets.

The guys basically turning into the Gazza of Saturday night television all things considered. Is it just something in the water from kielder reservoir? 

Now charged with drunk driving. Standard punishment one year ban and fine. We'll see. 

42 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Now charged with drunk driving. Standard punishment one year ban and fine. We'll see. 

Won't the fact he's already been banned from driving (back in 2002) mean he'll get a harsher penalty?

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

Won't the fact he's already been banned from driving (back in 2002) mean he'll get a harsher penalty?

45 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

More than likely. I'm sure he can afford good lawyers who'll get him a lighter sentence. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

More than likely. I'm sure he can afford good lawyers who'll get him a lighter sentence. 

Pity he could'nt afford a good driver.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Depends how bad his addiction is really doesn't it. Prescriptions in America aren't cheap and the tax on booze keeps going up...

He and Dec might have to sell the rights to Byker Grove at this rate.

9 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

I think you'll find it's Ant who's doing it solo now that his missus has taken a hike into the wide blue yonder

12 hours ago, TheFunkyPhantom said:

I think you'll find it's Ant who's doing it solo now that his missus has taken a hike into the wide blue yonder

Back in the day when Eric Morecambe had his heart attack Ernie Wise went out and did some solo stuff to keep his levels of current fame topped up (mainly panel shows and the like) and all the money he earned was split 50/50 with Eric on the basis they were in it together despite being a man down. I'm saying here and now that I doubt Ant and Dec will work that way if Ant's meltdown turns into long-term unemployability. 

What do our other readers think?

• Confused 1

I'm not sure how rich Ant and Dec are but I would guess that there would be absolutely zero need for topping up their fame to keep making more money.

I would guess that if Ant can't make it back then Dec will be happy to melt into the sunset.

I might be totally wrong but this is just a bit of fun right?

Sad as Ant or Dec used to be the people I would have most wanted to be - they seemed to have a perfect existence.

Dec could just carry on as a solo compere, or go back to acting.  Les Dennis did that after the untimely death of Dustin Gee, to the point where most people have forgotten (or never knew) that he came to fame as part of a double act.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Dec could just carry on as a solo compere, or go back to acting.  Les Dennis did that after the untimely death of Dustin Gee, to the point where most people have forgotten (or never knew) that he came to fame as part of a double act.

This is probably entirely unfair but thanks to the tabloids Les Dennis was definitely more amusing to me as part of a double act, it's just that it wasn't with Dustin Gee it was Amanda Holden.

• Haha 4

If Ant is indisposed long term, might be worth checking what Cat Deeley's up to these days.

Hmmm - it's got legs (lovely legs).

Image result for cat deeley

Deeley and Dec

Or

Cat and Dec

Cat and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (Sa....tur........DAY)

On 19/03/2018 at 05:54, Heef said:

Things were never the same for him after he got shot in the eyes with a paintball. 

Well I think it’s totally irresponsible for blind people to drive 

• Like 1

Just now, Toast said:

Never knew Les was part of a double act thus proving your point.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Deeley and Dec

Or

Cat and Dec

SN:TA

30 minutes ago, Sean said:

Never knew Les was part of a double act thus proving your point.

I surveyed 100 people about that.....

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Toast said:

It was an odd partnership whilst Les was technically a better impressionist Dustin Gee was just funnier. To place them in the hierarchy of comedy they used to play second fiddle to Russ Abbott.

Dustin Gee was appearing in the nightclub  I worked at during the early 80s. It was about 7-15pm (before we opened) and I asked the bar manager "where is he, has he turned up?". A voice boomed "I'm 'ere" as he walked in. After chatting for a few minutes I said "I'm off to the pub round the corner as Coronation Street is about to start". "I'll come with you" he replied. So he did and he bought me a pint.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Deeley and Dec

Or

Cat and Dec

Might CATch on.

2 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Dustin Gee was appearing in the nightclub  I worked at during the early 80s. It was about 7-15pm (before we opened) and I asked the bar manager "where is he, has he turned up?". A voice boomed "I'm 'ere" as he walked in. After chatting for a few minutes I said "I'm off to the pub round the corner as Coronation Street is about to start". "I'll come with you" he replied. So he did and he bought me a pint.  

Pubs used to show Coronation Street? I was born too late.

• Like 1