Jump to content
Paul Bearer

Michael Parkinson

Recommended Posts

Seems to be having a bit of a resurgence at the moment being mentioned in a couple of ( over 50's) adverts. Was also on Chris Evans radio show this morning.

 

At 83, thought he might be worth a punt. 

 

(Couldn't find a thread for him, apologies if one exists) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing this prompted to wonder if the Parky theme composer Harry Stoneham is still with us. Best I can establish is that He was three years ago, approaching 85, not in the best of health.

 

I'd like to think that had he gone, he'd have received coverage. 

 

Maybe one for you Deadpool Detectives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC, his missus, Mary,  was pretty ill at one stage.

She will deffo get an obit as she was quite a high profile broadcaster in the 70s and early 80s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

IIRC, his missus, Mary,  was pretty ill at one stage.

She will deffo get an obit as she was quite a high profile broadcaster in the 70s and early 80s.

 

I remember hearing something along those lines too but can't recall the details now. 

 

I thought Parky was older than 83 for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tagline for this thread should read “Other diseases are available”....

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had a bit of a media blitz recently.

First, he had to cancel a show due to illness: https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/unwell-michael-parkinson-cancels-dundee-show-on-saturday-to-dismay-of-fans/

Then he went on a show and talked about the consequences of his prostate cancer diagnosis: https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1134252/Michael-Parkinson-health-prostate-cancer-Piers-Morgan-Life-stories-news-latest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/06/2019 at 19:08, gcreptile said:

He had a bit of a media blitz recently.

First, he had to cancel a show due to illness: https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/unwell-michael-parkinson-cancels-dundee-show-on-saturday-to-dismay-of-fans/

Then he went on a show and talked about the consequences of his prostate cancer diagnosis: https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1134252/Michael-Parkinson-health-prostate-cancer-Piers-Morgan-Life-stories-news-latest

Just catching up on it and Mary (His wife) declined to appear on the show - preferring to stay at home. Interesting - could be a sign of illness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hosni Mubarak said:

RIP,

Never heard of him, but my thoughts with his family,

Terrible condition, it also took Muhammed Ali and MJ fox also has it. 

 

If you are going to be a troll, put some effort into it.  #1, he's not dead,  and B, Parkinson is his name, not his disease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

  #1, he's not dead,  and B, Parkinson is his name, not his disease.

 

I think he knows that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toast said:

 

I think he knows that.

I do realize that as well. That's why I called him a troll. He's just looking for reactions, so I oblige him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think it’s a good idea to tear apart the great Hosni Mubarak. I mean, I tried to do that when he was known as Robert Mugabe and he definitely got the best of me. You have been warned

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

If you are going to be a troll, put some effort into it.  #1, he's not dead,  and B, Parkinson is his name, not his disease.

 

What are you talking about skinny man,

You are just racist and weak poster, you would not survive 2 mins in the Arab spring

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hosni Mubarak said:

you would not survive 2 mins in the Arab spring

 

Which makes your 18 days a significant achievement :D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

 

Which makes your 18 days a significant achievement :D

Exactly,

 

People like skinny kiltrunner just spend all day in their bedroom reading the Gaurdian and have wet dreams about liberal ideas. 

In real world, where you have Arab springs, no Starbucks, no WiFi, no plastic straws, they would be found wanting, not even Allah could save him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as he was the host of Give Us a Clue for a long time could we tag oldest survivors from that show on here? Of the three team captains during its run, Lionel Blair is 90 now, Una Stubbs 82 and Liza Goddard 69. I would hazard a guess that almost half the guests who have appeared on the show have now departed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think these are the only living people who were a guest on more than one episode of the original GUAC run, I could be completely off.

 

Amanda Barrie (b.1935)

Wayne Sleep (1948)

Honor Blackman (1925)

Angela Douglas (1940)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I think these are the only living people who were a guest on more than one episode of the original GUAC run, I could be completely off.

 

Amanda Barrie (b.1935)

Wayne Sleep (1948)

Honor Blackman (1925)

Angela Douglas (1940)

 

The original run wasn't hosted by Parky though....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

The original run wasn't hosted by Parky though....

 

Yes it was Aspel, 86. Not sure why it should matter though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

 

Yes it was Aspel, 86. Not sure why it should matter though.

 

 

Aspel showed up recently on Countryfile - still fairly active and alert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tutu and Mubarak together at last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Tutu and Mubarak together at last. 

God has no place for hate, only love. 

The lord has blessing for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Desmond Tutu said:

Love all his interviews.

 

God rest his soul

 

DT

'Sup Nigga?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use