Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I wonder how his wife is as she suffers from dementia.

If you read the article at the link Reptile posted, you'll find out. :)

• Like 1

Phoenix Nights comedian Ted Robbins looking and sounding awful on a documentary about Victoria Wood on C5 tonight. Very weak voice and trembling hands, looking so much older than his 65 years. He had a heart attack on stage at the Manchester arena a few years back, definitely one to watch for 2021.

Here's my list 

1. Prince Philip

2. Captain Tom Moore

3. Beverly Cleary

4. Leslie Phillips 

5. Pope Benedict

6. Bob Dole

7. Harry Belafonte

8. Jimmy Carter

9. Larry King

10. Gorbachev

11. Rush Limbaugh 

12. Leon Spinks

13. Noah Chomsky

14. Dick Van Dyke

15. Pierre Cardin

16. Bob Barker

17. Imelda Marcos

18. Murray Walker

19. Henry Kissinger

20. Betty White

21. Sidney Poiter

22. Jimmy Greaves

23. Prunella Scales

24. Jean Marie Le-Pen

25. Gerd Muller

26. Jacques Delors

27. Lester Piggott

28. Angela Lansbury

29. Sir Bobby Charlton

30. Joanne Woodward

31. Tom Smith

32. Desmond Tutu

33. Walter Mondale

34. Alan Greenspan

35. Bob Newhart

36. Don King

37. David Crosby

38. Pervez Musharraf

39. Robert Duvall 

40. Buzz Aldrin

41. Emperor Akihito

42. Abdelaziz Bouteflika

43. Michael Schumacher

44. Giorgio Napolitano

45. Shannen Doherty

46. Tony Bennett 

47. Dick Cheney

48. Brian Blessed

49. Rosalynn Carter

50. Yoko Ono

(please do send feedback)

English pastor-turned-head of US megachurch Stuart Briscoe, 90, has stage IV prostate cancer and had almost been put in hospice earlier this year after two cases of sepsis - but he recovered:

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/communities/west/news/2020/12/16/look-elmbrook-pastor-author-and-speaker-stuart-briscoes-life/6180757002/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Briscoe

9 hours ago, GEMINEYE said:

Phoenix Nights comedian Ted Robbins looking and sounding awful on a documentary about Victoria Wood on C5 tonight. Very weak voice and trembling hands, looking so much older than his 65 years. He had a heart attack on stage at the Manchester arena a few years back, definitely one to watch for 2021.

His voice is that bad due to severe smoke inhalation in a house fire. That will have hit him health-wise also but it doesn't mean he's as close to death as he sounds.

How about the infamous spy, George Blake? Still living in Moscow aged 98. 

• Like 1

Been seeing a few things in multiple Leslie West/Mountain related Facebook groups that Leslie West might be in hospital because his heart gave out. And he's not expected to live. Not that big of a surprise because he's a big guy and he has diabetes etc.. still sad as a huge Mountain fan if this is true.

Should have included Beverly Cleary for my list.  She'll be on it, assuming she makes it to 2021.  I mean, how much longer can she have?  I had a great aunt who lived to be one week shy of her 105th birthday, and Cleary will beat that for sure if she makes it to April 12th.  

Actress Laura Dern talks about the friend she lost to Covid, and what Covid means for her parents, the very notable Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9076871/Laura-Dern-reveals-beautiful-male-friend-died-COVID-19.html

Diane Ladd apparently has a "lung condition", so Covid is a big risk. And the article also says that Laura "takes care of her father", whatever that means.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Actress Laura Dern talks about the friend she lost to Covid, and what Covid means for her parents, the very notable Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9076871/Laura-Dern-reveals-beautiful-male-friend-died-COVID-19.html

Diane Ladd apparently has a "lung condition", so Covid is a big risk. And the article also says that Laura "takes care of her father", whatever that means.

Is this the same Diane Ladd who was told she had "six months to live" in 2018? She should definitely be on radars and if anyone needs a loose name to round their team up to 20, there's much worse picks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Is this the same Diane Ladd who was told she had "six months to live" in 2018? She should definitely be on radars and if anyone needs a loose name to round their team up to 20, there's much worse picks.

85, mind - so  slim pickings with the DDP scoring rules

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Didn't realise the songwriter behind "Santa Baby", Philip Springer, is still alive. Aged 94 and one of the last Brill Building tunesmiths, surprisingly never picked on the DDP before.

As of my theme teams going in last week, no longer the case should he make January 1st. :lol:

• Like 2

On 21/12/2020 at 12:32, deadsox said:

Do you think she'd get a QO?

Considering that Spade is willing to put her name up here, 10 days before the DDP begins, I suspect that there isn't a hope in hell of her getting a QO!

• Haha 1

How about Vince McMahon's mom, Victoria Askew? She'll be turning 101 next year. Hey, if Gates Sr. can get on...

33 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

How about Vince McMahon's mom, Victoria Askew? She'll be turning 101 next year. Hey, if Gates Sr. can get on...

Gates Sr was a hit ya whining khunt.  Are you admitting to a pea sized brain complaining about a successful DL offering?  Are you?

Throwing one out there for consideration: Sean Penn was looking rather rough this morning. 

CEA5B2CC-BC01-4528-8306-874410D9460C.jpeg

I think I would drop Pervez for Jerry Lee Lewis and Cheney for Robert Sowol since their names have been thrown around by the community lately.

11 hours ago, MadMac said:

Throwing one out there for consideration: Sean Penn was looking rather rough this morning. 

I like a bit of rough. :lol:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MadMac said:

Maybe a bit rough but he doesn't look ill. 

14 hours ago, MadMac said:

Oh, not only do we share the birthday, we also share the morning look :lol:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Maybe a bit rough but he doesn't look ill. 

He looks like you would expect a bloke to look at 6.30 am when he's just rolled out of bed.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

He looks like you would expect a bloke to look at 6.30 am when he's just rolled out of bed.

Speak for yourself. I look fucking gorgeous whatever time I roll out of bed.