Jump to content
Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2020

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Former civil servant best known for leaking the documents relating to the sinking of the Belgrano during the Falklands Conflict, Clive Ponting has died and goes straight to Times Obit: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/clive-ponting-obituary-6d6lq5nzv (Paywall)

 

Been keeping tabs on the wrong whistleblower! (Holroyd)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, msc said:

 

Been keeping tabs on the wrong whistleblower! (Holroyd)

The whole "sailing away" thing gave Thatcher many nightmares!

 

Twas but a blip however, you have to give credit to the great British public who ignored soaring unemployment and poverty, a North/South divide you could have driven Monaco though, riots in Brixton and Toxteth, police battoning the pickets and then Ponting exposing incompetence during the conflict and gave Thatcher an '83 election victory. An admirable sign of devotion to the flag and war over everything else.

 

Mind you - Michael Foot?

 

At least she didn't give Ponting the Dr David Kelly treatment. We'll give her that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The whole "sailing away" thing gave Thatcher many nightmares!

 

Twas but a blip however, you have to give credit to the great British public who ignored soaring unemployment and poverty, a North/South divide you could have driven Monaco though, riots in Brixton and Toxteth, police battoning the pickets and then Ponting exposing incompetence during the conflict and gave Thatcher an '83 election victory. An admirable sign of devotion to the flag and war over everything else.

 

Mind you - Michael Foot?

 

At least she didn't give Ponting the Dr David Kelly treatment. We'll give her that.

 

Ah David Kelly got a DDP mention recently courtesy of Gooseberry's left field picks that prove canny uniques.

 

Even without Foot (who always seemed a reasonable chap if not a PM), the SDP split was killer for the non-Tories at the time.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/01/wilford-brimley-dead-dies-actor-quaker-oats-diabetes/

 

American actor Wilford Brimley has died aged 85 according to TMZ. 

 

 

Starred in cult classic films like Cocoon , The Thing and Hard target  as well as being the face of  Quakers Oats for years.

He also had a recurring role on tv classic The Waltons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Looks like noone has mentioned the death of actor Reni Santoni from the Dirty Harry film  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/reni-santoni-dead-actor-enter-laughing-dirty-harry-was-82-1305149

Use the search tools, iain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, drol said:

Use the search tools, iain.

I have no idea who this iain person is but thanks for alerting me to my error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I have no idea who this iain person is but thanks for alerting me to my error.

 

15D411D2-D3E0-4743-A14B-1936D9D9FD15.jpeg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

 

15D411D2-D3E0-4743-A14B-1936D9D9FD15.jpeg

 

 

5119N6TZAAL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

 

 

 

Ah, yes - a matchless literary career built on subtle explorations of a theme, or summmat

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On tonight's Jeopardy! show, which is part of the 2002 Million Dollar Invitational tournament they are re-running, the game's winner (who advanced in the tournament) was a former big winner named India Cooper. At show's end, a graphic noted she died on May 17th of this year. She was 67.

 

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/Obituary/article/83477-obituary-india-cooper.html

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Wirtz died on Friday from Pick's disease (also known as frontotemporal dementia). He was variously a record producer, arranger, songwriter and performer who was behind classic 60s records like A Touch Of Velvet - A Sting of Brass and the unfinished A Teenage Opera project which birthed two UK hits with Keith West of Tomorrow including the 1967 no 2 smash Excerpt from A Teenage Opera

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2020 at 21:45, time said:

'Celebrity Hairdresser ' Simon Forbes, who gave Boy George his famous look and counted stars such as Madonna, Cher & Annie Lennox amongst his clientele, has died aged 70.

Near enough three months after his death, and two months after it was first reported, Forbes has a Grauniad obit. 

 

Don't give up hope!. I'm still optimistic for a Ronnie Masterson QO now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2020 at 05:08, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/01/wilford-brimley-dead-dies-actor-quaker-oats-diabetes/

 

American actor Wilford Brimley has died aged 85 according to TMZ. 

 

 

Starred in cult classic films like Cocoon , The Thing and Hard target  as well as being the face of  Quakers Oats for years.

He also had a recurring role on tv classic The Waltons.

The Firm, where  he was Tom Cruise's nemesis.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Mark Wirtz died on Friday from Pick's disease (also known as frontotemporal dementia). He was variously a record producer, arranger, songwriter and performer who was behind classic 60s records like A Touch Of Velvet - A Sting of Brass and the unfinished A Teenage Opera project which birthed two UK hits with Keith West of Tomorrow including the 1967 no 2 smash Excerpt from A Teenage Opera

 

 

Is it true he won't come back? Oh no no.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Toad, the mushroom sidekick from the world of Mario has died from pancreatic cancer

Damn you, for a moment I thought Jiang Zemin had died! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use