Paul Bearer

King Charles III

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7850/the-windsors-paused-by-c4/
I wonder if Channel Four might be aware of the fact that it seems that Charles is not going to get better anytime soon. 

More likely simply it doesn't really feel like the time to make fun of a family while two of its principal members (and key characters in your show) are suffering from cancer. Not much humour to be found there.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

More likely simply it doesn't really feel like the time to make fun of a family while two of its principal members (and key characters in your show) are suffering from cancer. Not much humour to be found there.

They could easily make a stage version to tour around holiday parks, like a certain controversial BBC show that ran for 20 years until 1978... But toured seaside theatres and holiday parks for another decade plus!

7 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Surely the death of Hayden Gwynne is part of the decision 

• Like 7

TMZ reporting the same thing. Must be a lock for next year if he's not so gravely ill that he won't make it to 2025. 

• Facepalm 1

State funeral?

General Election: "You're joking - not another one!" BBC News on Make a GIF

• Haha 13

12 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Said to be "very unwell". Not a good sign, if this article's sources are accurate.

The grapevine is awash with rumours like this. I believe them. It's not looking good. King Peggy before the end of next year, unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Never had a coin with his head on it. Not one.

Don't use stamps so I don't know if he's on those.

Is someone putting the Royal Mint on hold?

My intel is rarely wrong.

Not the biggest fan of Charles but certainly don't wish him ill or dead... though I can't wait for the epic apology I'm going to get from mango boy for him being a twat.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

though I can't wait for the epic apology I'm going to get from mango boy for him being a twat.

Don’t hold your breath. 

• Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

State funeral?

I said when they had QEIIs's hope the King lasts a fairly while at least  addon't want us to do this again for a long while.Looks like I jinxed him.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

State funeral?

Like buses, you wait 70 years for one then 2 come along at once.

• Haha 7

Wonder if any of the British press will mention it. The New York Post is Murdoch owned so those papers and radio stations should,

17 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Don't use stamps so I don't know if he's on those.

Is someone putting the Royal Mint on hold?

I haven't seen a stamp with his head on it.Most seem decorative ones these days.Some I used a few months ago still had the Queens head on.

• Like 1

I got a birthday card last week from my great uncle (99 years young) that had Charlie's head on the stamp, first one I've seen, but then again I don't send or receive many letters.

• Like 2

254015947_Screenshot2024-04-26at01_28_53.png.74d443da071580d9323e676b6586b9a2.png

At his age he really wasn't going to set any length of reign records, but at least his reign was longer than that of Edward VIII.

... also longer than Liz and the lettuce I guess... 

• Like 6

When King Charles is about to die in record time but you have -1 points on the "outlive King Charles" pool because some guy who can't drive thought it would be fun to kill Treat Williams

image.thumb.png.99c83f34252d7b6c2b8ae89b6f3a205f.png

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

If Charles was a normal celebrity I'd say TMZ had it right, but with this one I'm not so sure...

19 minutes ago, Comped said:

If Charles was a normal celebrity I'd say TMZ had it right, but with this one I'm not so sure...

Well they're just reposting a Daily Beast article. It's by the same guy who wrote in August 2022 he had sources telling him the Queen had bone cancer, so, you can probably draw your own conclusions.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Do you use cash much?

I'm not sure if the new designs have gone into circulation yet, but the two commemorative 50p coins are out there. 

The first one was the QE2 memorial coin, and the second is the Coronation one.  I've got both, although one was given to me.

20 minutes ago, Toast said:

Do you use cash much?

I'm not sure if the new designs have gone into circulation yet, but the two commemorative 50p coins are out there. 

The first one was the QE2 memorial coin, and the second is the Coronation one.  I've got both, although one was given to me.

You're right. New coins are not widely in circulation, notes haven't been released at all. They're due to be launched at the start of June.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Do you use cash much?

Cash is king! (Pardon the pun).

I'm not a direct debit, card payment kind of guy. I was brought up in the proud tradition of Scottish thrift. Pay for what you can afford, pay in cash and always, always get a receipt. It never ceases to amaze me when people tap their phones on the bus.

The cashless society, the internet banking - all falls down when something goes wrong with the system. You can't argue with hard money though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Cash is king! (Pardon the pun).

I'm not a direct debit, card payment kind of guy. I was brought up in the proud tradition of Scottish thrift. Pay for what you can afford, pay in cash and always, always get a receipt. It never ceases to amaze me when people tap their phones on the bus.

The cashless society, the internet banking - all falls down when something goes wrong with the system. You can't argue with hard money though.

In middle class parts of London you can’t use cash in many businesses, 

10 hours ago, Sean said:

I haven't seen a stamp with his head on it.Most seem decorative ones these days.Some I used a few months ago still had the Queens head on.

Just as well most things are online now you'd need a second mortgage for a first class stamp lately.

Another utility (using the term loosely) that should never have been privatised. Has anyone not seen the ITV drama yet? If not please please do so :).