Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

On 16/04/2023 at 17:47, Lafaucheuse said:

legendary designer Bob Mackie turned 83 some weeks ago. Definitely famous enough to be on the list. Looked a little frail at the RuPaul’s drag race finale this week end. 

on a side note, a cameo of Carol Burnett shows that she’s rather in great shape. 

Good shout. Bob Mackie is currently a unique pick of mine in the Derby Dead Pool. 

• Like 4

Pool possibility, only mentioned here once before...

Gyalo Thondup, Dalai Lama's brother, unofficial envoy and Prime Minister of the Central Tibetan Administration 1991-1993 this month:

thondup.png.fd0ef02e93c6c82ab763ab65760999c8.png

Either 94 or 96 this year, notable for other reasons than being the Lama's brother too (CIA asset in the 1950s, good friend of Chiang Kai-shek, had talks with Deng Xiaoping in the 1970s)

• Like 3

On 21/02/2023 at 20:26, msc said:

Hmm - an update up to 90 then. There's about 40 living possibles from 1934 alone still. Also, the Cmme picks have opened up a few other names.(If anyone else has done a Gerald Harper and changed their public DOB - fuck them, its a ball park, not an exact science...)

1919 - June Spencer (but imo she'd have been on the list by now)

1923 - Glynis Johns (but ditto)

1924 - Eva Marie Saint, William Russell

1925 - Davie Graham, June Lockhart, mayyybe Ysanne Churchman

1926 - Roger Corman, Norman Jewison, Gudrun Ure, Lee Grant (born around then), Glen Michael (based on Cmme's love of 70s TV stars)

1927 - maybe Estelle Parsons or William Daniels

1928 - Tom Lehrer, Hans Blix, James Watson, Peter Cellier, James Ivory, Dr Ruth

1929 - Patricia Routledge, Len Deighton, Winnie Ewing, Thelma Barlow, Stuart Hall, Peter Higgs, John Nettleton, Joan Plowright, Vera Miles, Berry Gordy, Frank Gehry, John Woodvine, Jerry Hardin, Gaston Glock

1930 - Tippi Hedren, Buzz Aldrin, Gene Hackman, John Astin, Clint Eastwood, Gena Rowlands, Bernie Ecclestone, Warren Buffett, James Baker, George Soros, Eileen Derbyshire, Clive Revill, Sandra Day O'Connor, Mary Quant

1931 - Gerald Harper, James Earl Jones, Don King, Rupert Murdoch, William Shatner, Kenneth Cope, Dan Rather, Ken Bates, Virginia McKenna, Claire Bloom, Roger Penrose,  Leslie Caron, Rita Moreno

1932 - Piper Laurie, John Williams, Bill Roache, Petula Clark, Roy Hattersley, Quentin Blake, Bernard Ingham, Dabney Coleman, Ray Reardon, Joel Grey, Brian Murphy

1933 - Kim Novak, Duchess of Kent, Michael Caine, Sian Philips, Joan Collins, Joan Bakewell, Cormac McCarthy, Julie Newmar, Roman Polanski, David McCallum, Michael Dukakis, Michael Heseltine, Michael Aspel, Sheila Hancock, Quincy Jones, Derek Martin, Robert Blake, Biddy Baxter, Barbara Knox

Mary Quant, Bernard Ingham and Robert Blake will definitely not be making their DL debut's as these trio are deceased. 

Aye. If I could forsee the future I'd have won the last ten DDP titles and be a billionaire...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Aye. If I could forsee the future I'd have won the last ten DDP titles and be a billionaire...

Wow the DDP prize money has really increased!

• Like 1

Still taking one for the team watching Mike Reads show. Three oldies appeared this week.

Hollies Allan Clarke and Graham Nash look and sound incredible for 81.

Tommy Steele was interviewed. Bit shaky on his feet and gasping between sentences but he is 86 now. And could still gab on about Buddy Holly for a few minutes while standing.

• Like 1

I probably have brought this up but Mr Williams really is reluctant to score any more star wars movies. This I understand as they can take a long time and he might give up the ghost before it's released (though I suspect that crew and such get to watch their finished movie sometime before general public)

Also there was someone called Buster Martin who was disputed age wise. Was he 104 or 97. Plus, people used to think Thelma Barlow was 8 years younger. 

On 21/11/2022 at 01:17, arghton said:

Deathrace Form Guide #27

armes.thumb.jpg.acd42ee1d1383c2d488742bac5c15fd5.jpg

Jay J. Armes

Eccentric armes-less "World's Greatest Detective" most known for being hired by Marlon Brando to save his son Christian (1956-2008) after he was kidnapped by Brando's ex-wife, Christian's mother Anna Kashfi in 1972. Armes found him in a tent in a Mexican hippie commune with bronchial pneumonia. He's also been hired or claims to have been by Elvis, John Lennon and many others. Also an actor/claims to be one and has claimed to have appeared in 39 Hollywood movies and 28 television shows, but is only known to have appeared in Hawaii Five-O where he played the villain Hookman. And also known for his book, 1970s Jay J. Armes action figures that had detachable prosthetics and various gadgets, and for owning big cats, chimpanzees, tapirs, cougars, monkeys, appearances in loads of places and owning wax statues of himself. He's lied about a ton of stuff including flying everywhere with a private helicopter (actually a prop in his backyard covered with rust), his mentor never existed, he never appeared in "The Man Who Was Too Good At Sex" and was never the subject of fourteen assasination attempts. However he did own a multimillion mansion in El Paco with a shooting range, menagerie, private gym, tons of pictures, paintings, wax puppets and wax heads of himself and a lot of different kinds of taxidermied animals. He sold it a few years ago, now 90 and has been making less public appearances recently. Will he lend a helping hand to the participant who picks him? 

Jay J. Armes not dead but his mansion has been demolished. I have no idea where he lives now but as far as I know hasn't made appearances in a while. He also looks like a corpse in that image in the article.

On 31/03/2023 at 08:19, Lafaucheuse said:

Among the  female icon from 60’s french-italien cinema we still have

- Brigitte Bardot (b. 1934) 

- Anouk Aimee (b. 1932) 

- Sophia Loren (b. 1934)

- Claudia Cardinale (b. 1938) 

- Sandra Milo (b. 1932), which interistingly enough I didn’t find mentionned here despite being Federico Fellini’s muse 

I feel like I’m missing some… 

Deneuve would fit but not « old » enough. 
Among them listed, I feel like one or two could be considered ( Bardot and Loren ?) 

I’d add Lea Massari (b. 1933) to that list.

On 17/04/2023 at 02:47, Lafaucheuse said:

a cameo of Carol Burnett shows that she’s rather in great shape. 

She looks great in an interview from yesterday, on her 90th birthday.

I can see her getting to her late nineties no problem.

• Like 2

Just red this article of Vogue about the most beautiful french actresses and, among the top 10, only Catherine Deneuve and Michelle Mercier (b. 1939) are still alive. The latter has survived a skin cancer, two broken foot and some hospitalizations. She is now obese and supposedly frail. She's a DDP pick of mine. 

Then in the top 20, we still have 3 actresses alive. 

- Anouk Aimée (b. 1932)

- Marlène Jobert (b. 1940) 

- Brigitte Fossey (b. 1946) 

Anouk Aimée and Michelle Mercier sound like the two next to go

édit : forgot to link the article ofc

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Just red this article of Vogue about most beautiful french actresses and, among the top 10, only Catherine Deneuve and Michelle Mercier (b. 1939) are still alive. The latter has survived a skin cancer, two broken foot and some hospitalizations. She is now obese and supposedly frail. She's a DDP pick of mine. 

- Anouk Aimée (b. 1932)

Anouk Aimée and Michelle Mercier sounds like the two next to go

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but seriously, no Bardot?

5 minutes ago, time said:

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but seriously, no Bardot?

My mistake she’s the 5th on the list ! Always Forget she’s still with us. Danielle Darrieux being the first one 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2023 probably Jimmy Carter and Dick Van Dyke

News

2024:

Jack Nicholson 

Gena Rowlands

Vladímir Putin 

Gary Lockwood 

Morgan Freeman

Anthony Hopkins

Maggie Smith

Luis Alarcon 

Delfina Guzman

2025:

Dick Cavett

Lee Meriwether

Michael Caine

Marlene Willis

Buzz Aldrin

Keir Dullea

Robert De Niro

Rosalynn Carter

Steve Martin

2026:

Clint Eastwood

Jeffrey Jones

Joyce Van Patten

June Squibb

Frank Fontaine

Bruce Willis

2027:

Edgar Vivar

Michael J. Fox

Christopher Lloyd

Dustin Hoffman

Eduardo Barril

Julio Jung

2028:

Robert Holmes Thomson

Christopher Walken

Fionnula Flanagan

Elton John

Papa Francisco

2029: 

Joe Biden

Rey Carlos III

Julio Iglesias

2030: 

Sergio Hernandez

Carlos Villagran

Jenny O'Hara

2031:

Dennis Quaid

Geraldine James

Alan Dale

2032: 

Michael Douglas

Harrison Ford

Sam Anderson

John Lithgow

2033:

Bill Clinton

Steve Buscemi

Tom Hanks

Florinda Meza

2034:

Sally Field

Donald Trump

Brett Cullen

Maria Antonieta de las Nieves

Rhys Ifans

George W. Bush

Cash Luna

• Like 3

new video of french legendary politician Robert Badinter. Looks pretty damn good for a 95 yo man. Him, Balladur, Delors, Le Pen and Dumas are the top 5 nonagerian politicians in France. They’re undestructible. 

24 minutes ago, Shadow Navas said:

News

2024:

Jack Nicholson 

Gena Rowlands

Vladímir Putin 

Gary Lockwood 

Morgan Freeman

Anthony Hopkins

Maggie Smith

Luis Alarcon 

Delfina Guzman

2025:

Dick Cavett

Lee Meriwether

Michael Caine

Marlene Willis

Buzz Aldrin

Keir Dullea

Robert De Niro

Rosalynn Carter

Steve Martin

2026:

Clint Eastwood

Jeffrey Jones

Joyce Van Patten

June Squibb

Frank Fontaine

Bruce Willis

2027:

Edgar Vivar

Michael J. Fox

Christopher Lloyd

Dustin Hoffman

Eduardo Barril

Julio Jung

2028:

Robert Holmes Thomson

Christopher Walken

Fionnula Flanagan

Elton John

Papa Francisco

2029: 

Joe Biden

Rey Carlos III

Julio Iglesias

2030: 

Sergio Hernandez

Carlos Villagran

Jenny O'Hara

2031:

Dennis Quaid

Geraldine James

Alan Dale

2032: 

Michael Douglas

Harrison Ford

Sam Anderson

John Lithgow

2033:

Bill Clinton

Steve Buscemi

Tom Hanks

Florinda Meza

2034:

Sally Field

Donald Trump

Brett Cullen

Rhys Ifans

George W. Bush

Cash Luna

No chance that some of those latinamerican only celebrities ever get in the death list.

• Sad 2

On 28/04/2023 at 21:59, Shadow Navas said:

News

2024:

Jack Nicholson 

Gena Rowlands

Vladímir Putin 

Gary Lockwood 

Morgan Freeman

Anthony Hopkins

Maggie Smith

Luis Alarcon 

Delfina Guzman

2025:

Dick Cavett

Lee Meriwether

Michael Caine

Marlene Willis

Buzz Aldrin

Keir Dullea

Robert De Niro

Rosalynn Carter

Steve Martin

2026:

Clint Eastwood

Jeffrey Jones

Joyce Van Patten

June Squibb

Frank Fontaine

Bruce Willis

2027:

Edgar Vivar

Michael J. Fox

Christopher Lloyd

Dustin Hoffman

Eduardo Barril

Julio Jung

2028:

Robert Holmes Thomson

Christopher Walken

Fionnula Flanagan

Elton John

Papa Francisco

2029: 

Joe Biden

Rey Carlos III

Julio Iglesias

2030: 

Sergio Hernandez

Carlos Villagran

Jenny O'Hara

2031:

Dennis Quaid

Geraldine James

Alan Dale

2032: 

Michael Douglas

Harrison Ford

Sam Anderson

John Lithgow

2033:

Bill Clinton

Steve Buscemi

Tom Hanks

Florinda Meza

2034:

Sally Field

Donald Trump

Brett Cullen

Rhys Ifans

George W. Bush

Cash Luna

Why do you only give 3 years until Bruce says yippee ki yay? Also, there's no mention of George Lucas?

Because he has dementia and has deteriorated recently.

• Sad 1

french icon Line Renaud recently stated in an interview that she would like to be euthanized if ever she suffers. She had a stroke in 2019 and will be 95 in some months. I always thought she could reach 100 but she seemed really frail the last times she appeared in public hence her position on my list (not everyone makes it to 100 or something like that). 

Wouldn't shock me if she get euthanized at some points, she had always support the cause and considering the governement will decide on the law at the end of the year, she could use the opportunity to make a splash and leave in style. She has always  been very politically active.

On 28/04/2023 at 13:15, Lafaucheuse said:

Just red this article of Vogue about the most beautiful french actresses and, among the top 10, only Catherine Deneuve and Michelle Mercier (b. 1939) are still alive. The latter has survived a skin cancer, two broken foot and some hospitalizations. She is now obese and supposedly frail. She's a DDP pick of mine. 

- Anouk Aimée (b. 1932)

Anouk Aimée and Michelle Mercier sound like the two next to go

édit : forgot to link the article ofc

No mention of Bulle Ogier? I'm really surprised. She's still alive, too (b.1939).

Idea and possibility if 2018, TV presenter Maria Menounos, recently had a battle with stage 2 pancreatic cancer:

https://www.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/health-and-fitness/491783/maria-menounos-reveals-cancer-battle-while-expecting-first-child-keven-undergaro/

2018 she already had a brain tumour. That doesn't look like the brightest future.

Her mother Litsa Menounos was also a popular deadpooling name a while ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Idea and possibility if 2018, TV presenter Maria Menounos, recently had a battle with stage 2 pancreatic cancer:

https://www.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/health-and-fitness/491783/maria-menounos-reveals-cancer-battle-while-expecting-first-child-keven-undergaro/

2018 she already had a brain tumour. That doesn't look like the brightest future.

Her mother Litsa Menounos was also a popular deadpooling name a while ago.

She is stating she has " survived pancreatic cancer". Not a great choice of words given how lethal pancreatic cancer is.

• Like 1

Not for 2024 but in a few years Steve Thompson or one of the other two names if they get identified could be main list contenders. 

• Like 1