Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

Former actor, wife beater and on going booze hound Derren Nesbitt has filmed an interview with Talking Pictures due to be screened in August, so worth a form watch, imo. Somehow, he's made it to 88. 

• Like 1

Selma Schumer the mother of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, is still alive aged 94/95. I wouldn't mention her if it wasn't for the fact that when her husband and Chuck's father died in 2021 he received an obituary from the Independent.

Lil Wayne's song Ball Hard is starting to look more like a hit list:

image.png.ba8bc09c1afc98e9b065cdba5ab6dbb8.png

I would recommend combing through the lyrics if you need some 2024 inspiration.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, RadGuy said:

Lil Wayne's song Ball Hard is starting to look more like a hit list:

image.png.ba8bc09c1afc98e9b065cdba5ab6dbb8.png

I would recommend combing through the lyrics if you need some 2024 inspiration.

Black Mamba is Kobe Bryant's nickname, too.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Death missed Lady Gaga by one degree of separation. 

On 31/12/2022 at 22:34, ImissMontpellier said:

Genevieve de Fontenay 

De Fontenay dead at 90 !! huge huge news in France

• Like 1

among the list of The Greatest Frenchman (list here) from the eponymous show of 2005, the whole top 20 is dead. Here are the survivors from the top 100

- 21 Zinedine Zidane (footballer, 1972)

- 41 : Michel Platini (footballer, 1955)

- 45 Michel Sardou (singer, 1947) - still active and all over the media to spread his conservative bullshit 

- 51 David Douillet (judoka, 1969) 

- 53 : Jean Jacques Goldman (singer, 1951)

- 56 : Yannick Noah (tennisman, 1960)

- 60 Nicolas Hulot (politician, 1955)

- 62 : Alain Delon (actor, 1935) - we know his health scares… 

- 63 : Patrick Poivre d'Arvor (presenter, 1947) - convicted of sexual assault and harassment by numerous women. Seemed to have aged in his last appearances. Leukemia survivor when he was 12. Lost three of his child, Soleen from suicide and anorexia in 1995, Tiphaine at 2 months old and Garance from traffic collision. His wife died a month ago aged 81. Might finish him.

- 64 : Aimé Jacquet (footballer, 1941) - looked a little frail in his last appearances and quite tired but probably has a few years left

- 65 : Francis Cabrel (singer, 1951) 

- 66 : Brigitte Bardot (actress, 1934) - as for Delon, no need to explain here

- 73 : Renaud (singer, 1952) - The french Shane McGowan. former alcoolic, chainsmoker (3 packs a day), drug addict, open heart surgery in 2021, hospitalised after a fall in 2019, again in 2020 for pulmonary emphysema, looked frail for years, in his last appearance he could hardly stand still and was constantly shaking. He'll be dead in 2 years max. 

- 74 : Bernard Kouchner (politician and humanitarian, 1939) - said to be on his last leg

- 78 : Michel Drucker (presenter, 1942) - constant hospitalizations this last 2 years, 3 heart surgery since 2020 and possibly a heart attack a few years ago. Looked really frail in this last photo. 2 years max. 

- 87 : José Bove (politician, 1953) 

- 89 : Lionel Jospin (former PM, 1937) - said to be in poor health

- 91 : Luc Besson (film director, 1959)

- 97 : Catherine Deneuve (actress, 1943) - might have a few years left (has good genes based on her mother's final age) but a heavy smoker, stroke survivor and looked frail recently. She'll be 80 in october. Though still performing as Bernadette Chirac for an upcoming movie in october. A friend of mine had her multiple times in his shop in Paris and said that she was the only person who was allowed to smoke inside, his directors were aware and told him "It's Catherine, we can't say anything"… Quite a funny story !

- 99 : Gerard Depardieu (actor, 1942) - obese, alcoholic, smoker and from when I saw him in concert last year, he couldn't stand still (was always sit on his chair) and was short or breath. But still able to perform so not a risk for now. 

Renaud, Drucker, Bardot and Jospin are the upcoming deaths here

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

Yannick Noah is pretty well known here in the US as his son Joakim was a very good basketball player.

• Like 2

On 04/04/2023 at 17:55, arghton said:

Abu Ubaidah Youssef al-Annabi (1969), Saif al-Adel (1960/1963), Abu al-Hussein al-Husseini al-Qurashi (?) and Iyad Ag Ghaly (1954) Some of the current leaders of the largest terrorist groups. Won't die peaceful deaths.

al-Qurashi now definitely off everyone's dance card for 2024.

6 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Yannick Noah is pretty well known here in the US as his son Joakim was a very good basketball player.

Fun fact: Mario Frick was one of the most famous football players in Lichtenstein history (at least for me), he has two sons who both play in national team as strikers, Yanik Frick and Noah Frick. It has nothing to do with deadpools but it pops up in my head every time one name Yannick Noah and I wanted to share, sorry :D

• Like 3

As mentionned by @La Tombe, french author Maryse Conde (b. 1937) looks absolutely awful. She left Guadeloupe in 2007 for « health reason » and is still alive 13 years after. Will probably obit in UK. Such a prominent figure in France 

BDF758EE-E18B-4EE1-AD88-2FA036C377F2.jpeg

That’s a woman? Looks like Bill Cosby.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That’s a woman? Looks like Bill Cosby.

that's what being french turns you into… 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, arghton said:

Sergio Corona, whoever he is, has reportedly suffered a heart attack.

A 95 year old Mexican actor who, of course, is stable and recovering.

Just watched Elektra (2005) for the first time and Terrence Stamp is alive and 85.  Not sure the Venn diagram for inclusion but British (check) famous (check) 85 (check) I say he’s one to put on a potential list, if nothing else.

• Like 1

Nick Owen and Simon Jordan

On 18/01/2023 at 20:43, Summer in Transylvania said:

*snip*

- Lina Medina - Youngest mother ever, having given birth to a boy aged just 5 years, 7 months, and 21 days. 91 next year.

*snip*

I only just found out today that she's "still alive"... though do we have anything from the last 2-3 years that confirms she's still alive?

What a crazy case this was. Pregnant at 5 years old. Boke.

• Shocked 1

Robin Symes. Criminal antiques dealer. Internationally known. 84 years of age. Very secretive for  obvious reasons. Will warrant a quality obituary.

• Like 2

Not sure where else I can post this so I'm doing it here. Apollo Flight Director Gene Kranz, known for his contributions in the Apollo 13 mission and for his legendary quote "Failure Is Not An Option" turns 90 in a few days, and he's not in the best of health from what I know of and is needing mobility aids such as a walker.

• Like 4

On 31/07/2023 at 14:12, msc said:

Former actor, wife beater and on going booze hound Derren Nesbitt has filmed an interview with Talking Pictures due to be screened in August, so worth a form watch, imo. Somehow, he's made it to 88. 

Looks remarkably well for an alcoholic 88 year old. Chatty too, despite Caroline Munro and Mike Read being a bit poor at interviews. 

Still think on averages he's gone within 24 months mind you.

On 28/07/2023 at 11:11, gcreptile said:

Stevie Edwards, "legendary" fashion designer - without a wikipedia page - has stage 3 lung cancer and needs 24hr care:

https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/07/26/designer-stevie-edwards-a-fashion-legend-from-the-south-side-needs-your-help-as-he-fights-cancer/

Eh, already dead:

https://abc7chicago.com/stevie-edwards-colon-cancer-fashion-designer-chicago-news/13644798/

• Like 2