Joey Russ

Thoughts on 2023 Deathlist

2020 is out of the question, but getting more hits than 2017 might be possible. 3 hits in less than 1.5 month is a lot, but when looking at some of the picks, I could see it happen.

• Like 1

I see Jimmy Carter, Shane MacGown and Jacques Delors as hits for these DL !

• Like 2

On 01/01/2023 at 03:21, Insane said:

You got a deal my friend and if this gets over 14 I’ll do a charity of ur choice 

Time to pay!

People seem to forget how much Woodward, Starmer Smith and Newhart are frail and ill. wouldn’t be too surprised if one of them die instead (or in addition to) Carter or Shane 

38 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

People seem to forget how much Woodward, Starmer Smith and Newhart are frail and ill. wouldn’t be too surprised if one of them die instead (or in addition to) Carter or Shane 

I find it funny that Norman Lear isn't even in that kind of discussion despite being literally over 100 already.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoorSlammer said:

2020 is out of the question, but getting more hits than 2017 might be possible. 3 hits in less than 1.5 month is a lot, but when looking at some of the picks, I could see it happen.

MacGowan, Jimmy Carter, Starmer-Smith are all very ill and we have plenty of 90+ picks who can still do it. It's a long shot, but there is still a possibility we see 5 deaths and 20 being equaled.

The 2023 DL is guaranteed to get at least 17 hits. J Carter and MacGowan are guarantees. Many of us also see Jacques Delors as an end of year bonus, and Joanne Woodward, Nigel Starmer-Smith, Ethel Kennedy, Dennis Skinner and Bob Newhart are all seemingly on their last legs, one or two of those are likely to go before 2024 as well. We may well also get a more surprising hit (we've been getting a quite a few surprises this year), like Yoko Ono or Norman Lear. 18-20 hits is thus a most logical result.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

The 2023 DL is guaranteed to get at least 17 hits. J Carter and MacGowan are guarantees. Many of us also see Jacques Delors as an end of year bonus, and Joanne Woodward, Nigel Starmer-Smith, Ethel Kennedy, Dennis Skinner and Bob Newhart are all seemingly on their last legs, one or two of those are likely to go before 2024 as well. We may well also get a more surprising hit (we've been getting a quite a few surprises this year), like Yoko Ono or Norman Lear. 18-20 hits is thus a most logical result.

Honestly, not sure Carter will die before the end of 2023. An early 2024 hit perhaps but I wouldn’t count on 18-20. More like 15-16 for me, betting on McGowan and someone forgotten like Hal Linden or Newhart 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Honestly, not sure Carter will die before the end of 2023. An early 2024 hit perhaps but I wouldn’t count on 18-20. More like 15-16 for me, betting on McGowan and someone forgotten like Hal Linden or Newhart 

I think Jimmy is this years Bob Dole/Pele, who lingers most of the year but goes in December. 

History has shown that there's often a random old timer going at the end of the year. A Cardin, a Richard Adams, a Valery d'estaing and so on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I think Jimmy is this years Bob Dole/Pele, who lingers most of the year but goes in December. 

History has shown that there's often a random old timer going at the end of the year. A Cardin, a Richard Adams, a Valery d'estaing and so on.

Desmond Morris maybe. 

Updated for Carter & Ackland

image.thumb.png.18770a6362b60d7414c4d13d0efcddc9.png

This is the third most successful year ever.

In 2013 there were four hits later than this and in 2020 there were three. I think this year could at least draw level with 2017 but I do not see it surpassing 2020

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Desmond Morris maybe. 

Morris has popped up in public once or twice this year. Possible but probably unlikely IMO. Outside of Carter and McGowan the likes or Woodward, Newhart and Starmer Smith more likely

EDIT: Never mind just read the post you were replying too :facepalm:

Imelda Marcos attended some event a week or two ago with seemingly swollen hands (there's pictures somewhere on facebook). Wouldn't be suprised if she'll die relatively suddenly considering her heart problems. She's also known to eat massive meals defying doctors orders.

Pete Murray's one not mentioned yet. I think he looked very frail in December 2022 and it's been nearly a year. I'm not completely sure but I don't think he's been seen or heard of much since?

• Like 1

If Rosalynn didn’t die I would definitely think Carter has a real chance of seeing the year out but now I kinda think it’ll be a miracle if he lasts another week…

Tbh it’s actually Shane I could see sneak into 2024.

20 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This is the third most successful year ever.

This is the take home message.  At 15 hits (and chance to improve) 2023 has secured a podium position.

The DDP stands at 276 hits, only 5 away from a record.

All this and there are 40 days remaining in the year.

2023 will be remembered as a banner year in deadpooling.

• Like 3

On 19/11/2023 at 21:48, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Between Jimmy Carter and Shane McGowan. Reasonable chance it reaches 18 

May even match the record of 20 at this rate!

• Like 4

The sequence of photos with Kissinger making 1 with his hand and McGowan making 2 is a brilliant choice, congrats committee 

• Like 2

Although he was 100, Kissenger was a bit of a Brucie Bonus for the DeathList! They may well match 2020's total.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

May even match the record of 20 at this rate!

Or surpass  it.

Jimmy Carter,  Nigel Starmer Smith,  Cleo Laine,  Jacques Delors,  Norman Lear, Ethel Kennedy- just a number of the assorted routes via which this could happen. 

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Or surpass  it.

Jimmy Carter,  Nigel Starmer Smith,  Cleo Laine,  Jacques Delors,  Norman Lear, Ethel Kennedy- just a number of the assorted routes via which this could happen. 

I can see Delors going soon for an obscure reason. I’d say 1 lingerer (Woodward) and 1 old left but I doubt we’ll match 2020…

2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I can see Delors going soon for an obscure reason. I’d say 1 lingerer (Woodward) and 1 old left but I doubt we’ll match 2020…

Not too long to wait to find out. !!

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Or surpass  it.

I don't think Norman Lear has any reason not to make it out of the rest of the year alive. Is he incredibly old? Yes, but he doesn't seem to have any noticeable health issues. Mentally he still seems very sharp as well, at least whenever he does those specials with Jimmy Kimmel...

• Haha 2

image.thumb.png.2d839c4de083aeff679371c797671db3.png

Updated for Kissinger and MacGowan.

The 18th hit in 2020 was on 3rd December and the Seventeenth that year was 16 day ahead of this year. The last two hits in 2020 were in the last week so statistically we could be looking at one more hit but there  are plenty of candidates

• Like 9