1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Image of Laura Saunders from November 2023, the Tory accused of cheating by gambling on the election date. The signs were there as I am sure that's the gravy train arriving at the station.

laura-saunders-WEB-709x600.png

Quite predictably. Hubby is now also being investigated for placing a bet

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TQR said:

YouGovians were asked on Monday, "Which of these two would make the best PM?"

Starmer: 40%

Davey: 14%

Starmer: 50%

Farage: 25%

Starmer: 41%

Sunak: 21%

Davey: 37%

Farage: 28%

Davey: 32%

Sunak: 26%

Sunak: 38%

Farage: 25%

The Farage ones on here go to prove that while there is a notable number off arse-lickers who blindly praise and support him, a much larger proportion of the population do not approve of him, to the point of preferring Sunak over Farage.

• Like 3

I wonder if there's a subliminal message in this one:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

“How’s your campaign going, Rishi?”

1463086708_Image1.jpeg.1f71eab95833e054d2aac376b63c6266.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TQR said:

“How’s your campaign going, Rishi?”

1463086708_Image1.jpeg.1f71eab95833e054d2aac376b63c6266.jpeg

Where the fuck is he?

No interviews, no appearances, nothing today.

Maybe the interview outside Ladbrokes in Richmond High Street was cancelled today...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Maybe  the interview outside Ladbrokes in Richmond High Street was cancelled today...

Well, funny you should mention a betting shop…upon the news that Tory candidate Laura Saunders is also now under investigation by the gambling commission, the Tories have had to delete this tweet of theirs from yesterday:

IMG_9704.thumb.jpeg.c06d5453b6e49f8d669287cda0d31dcf.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Maybe the interview outside Ladbrokes in Richmond High Street was cancelled today... 

The only Tory with the prudence to enlist a proxy to place his bet on the election date.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Where the fuck is he?

No interviews, no appearances, nothing today.

Probably hiding away preparing for the BBC question time event tonight. Going to be a lot of difficult questions I expect.  As well as planning his local campaign - afterall resources have been sent there due to risk of Tory losing. 

Laura Kunersberg’s anger with the Tories campaign semingly evident on Twitter today. 

A mark of how far the Conservative vote has fallen. I've been rubbing shoulders with politicians, including a local MP - Helen Whately (minister for Social Care). Whately's in a fight with Labour's Mel Dawkins and given that situation the various meetings and environmental events have been stuffed with the very politicians you can't usually persuade along because they're too busy. Saw Dawkins downing a pint of neck oil last week and she's the polar opposite of Whately. Whately's a former competitive equestrian, Oxbridge fodder and was calmly climbing the career ladder as a proper Tory toe-the-line type, settled in a seemingly safe seat. Various environmental types and a few other local politicians were happily discussing forecasts - conveniently out of Whateley's earshot - that Dawkins will take her. Dawkins, by contrast, looked to me like the kind of candidate parachuted into an unwinnable seat. A local councillor, special needs teacher, advocate for the marginalised - like de yoof - and singer/musician in a lively band. Absolute chalk and cheese candidates. Dawkins musical offerings have some attitude, that's her front and centre on this album - check out track five: Fuck off and Die:  https://dammitrecords.bandcamp.com/album/furry-and-furious

Here's your choice!

800px-Official_portrait_of_Helen_Whately

77124724_10220375522635807_8241608896003

• Like 6

Oh yeah nothing suspicious to see here:

image.png.189ee27af9fe9348654cf64db8478a46.png

• Like 2

IMG_9707.thumb.jpeg.25cb298588b26b797ca8b43c8b3dcdea.jpeg

• Haha 1

I really really hope this isn't AI, but it's fun to listen to:

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I listened to that interview live. I am pretty sure it’s genuine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Still available in full on BBC Sounds if you scroll back to July 1 2023. Word for word.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:
Sounds like the "Tories suffer electoral armageddon" headline can be made ready.

I'm still concerned because of the friends to whom I forwarded a tactical voting email today

- one is voting for the Green candidate because he promised her he would

- two are not voting because "they're all as bad as each other"

- one didn't know we'd been gerrymandered

- the other hasn't replied

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm still concerned because of the friends to whom I forwarded a tactical voting email today

This is the problem. The proportion of the public who actually take an interest in politics is very small. The rest either vote the way they've always voted, don't vote, or have some random reason for voting which makes no sense.

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

Anybody who says they're all as bad as each other should have their right to vote permanently revoked. This lot have cut the state to the bone, forcibly removed us from our biggest market, prepared shambolically for a global pandemic, absolutely wrecked the economy, pushed the courts and prisons to breaking point, pushed the NHS past breaking point, lied to the Queen and moved so far right Enoch Powell would barely recognise them.

If, after all this, you think they're all the same then fuck you, you don't deserve a say. Go live in your hole and wonder why your life is getting progressively more shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Anybody who says they're all as bad as each other should have their right to vote permanently revoked. This lot have cut the state to the bone, forcibly removed us from our biggest market, prepared shambolically for a global pandemic, absolutely wrecked the economy, pushed the courts and prisons to breaking point, pushed the NHS past breaking point, lied to the Queen and moved so far right Enoch Powell would barely recognise them.

If, after all this, you think they're all the same then fuck you, you don't deserve a say. Go live in your hole and wonder why your life is getting progressively more shit.

Yes, exactly. I am one of the people who normally has no interest in politics but the conduct of the Tories has been so egregious that I've been forced to face up to it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Sounds like the "Tories suffer electoral armageddon" headline can be made ready.

According to the Election Polling website, the first 20,000 majority comes up at number 249 among the Conservative defence seats. They are fucked.