Copied from a comment in my current target of disdain, The Guardians comment section...(The BTL football can be amusing though).

I just hope the “easy” side of the draw is easier than the ostensibly easy group that England didn’t ease through particularly easily.

5 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Copied from a comment in my current target of disdain, The Guardians comment section...(The BTL football can be amusing though).

Think you've mixed up your General Election and Football threads, no? :lol:

• Facepalm 1

Just now, RoverAndOut said:

Think you've mixed up your General Election and Football threads, no? :lol:

Possibly. (and the facepalm is to me not you). How the hell I manage that on a quote eludes me. Duh.

• Haha 1

Perhaps it should be noted that England have only ever won a men's international tournament under Labour. And the UK has won the Eurovision 4 times out of 5 under Labour. :sherlock:

Coincidence?

Yes.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Perhaps it should be noted that England have only ever won a men's international tournament under Labour. And the UK has won the Eurovision 4 times out of 5 under Labour. :sherlock:

Coincidence?

Yes.

So, England scrape through to the Quarterfinals, the election happens and suddenly England click like they're 1970 Brazil, 1997 Blair or a weekend with Karen Gillan, and smash the opposition. Got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Wilson's law proves to be true, then Sunak will be praying that England get through that second round match, four days from Polling Day.

Sunak has identified the problem. It's...David Tennant!

Doctor Who What GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sunak has identified the problem. It's...David Tennant!

Doctor Who What GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Pissing off Dr. Who fans now

giphy (6).gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Pissing off Dr. Who fans now

giphy (6).gif

Pity though they're not old enough to vote!

16 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Meh. Penny Mordaunt's "HIRE TAXIS HIRE TAXIS HIRE TAXIS" had more of a ring to it.

I see they've put out a manipulated video of Martin Lewis claiming he's talking about taxes going up.

Imagine being in hole as big as the Tories and deciding to do something like this with someone as popular as Martin Lewis......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I see they've put out a manipulated video of Martin Lewis claiming he's talking about taxes going up.

Imagine being in hole as big as the Tories and deciding to do something like this with someone as popular as Martin Lewis......

I don't support the deepfaking of any public figures. I didn't find the Nigel Farage Minecraft video funny either. You let your enemy defeat themselves, you don't literally make an uncanny voodoo doll of them...

• Like 1

Ed Davey as LOTO

make-it-so-picard.gif

That said no way Reform get anywhere near double figures never mind 18 seats

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Ed Davey as LOTO

make-it-so-picard.gif

That said no way Reform get anywhere near double figures never mind 18 seats

If they do get 5 or more seats then Farage has genuine chance of becoming at least Leader of Opposition at some point in the next decade. 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

Labour will lose my constituency to the Workers Party I suspect 

• Haha 1

Philip Davies - MP for Shipley being named by The Sun tomorrow as having bet £8000 on a Labour victory in his constituency, which he won with over half of all votes cast in 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Davies

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Labour will lose my constituency to the Workers Party I suspect 

You'll be in good company then. 

Catching up on the Prime Ministerial debate (who thought to schedule it on the last day of the Euros group phase when the next 2 days see no football? :facepalm:) and seeing Rishi Sunak explain how he's going to tell all the benefits claimants they're fit to work a decade after Cameron did the same thing to my dad, only for a judge and 2 doctors to tell them they were talking bollocks 18 months later is absolutely sickening.

Immigration: Starmer - "We need to send them back." Sunak - "They come from Iran and Afghanistan, are you going to deal with the Ayatollah and the Taliban?" Oh, so they're escaping the Ayatollah's hatred in Iran and the Taliban's barbarism in Afghanistan, and your answer is to send them on a plane to a country the UN doesn't consider to be safe? How compassionate of you, Rishi.

He thinks he's sounding authoritative and commanding. He's sounding heartless and desperate. Because he is.

I get that Starmer is cautious but why is he so fucking defensive? On taxation: Sunak - "Starmer's going to tax your pension, old people!" Starmer - "no I won't, his figures don't add up anyway." NO! The answer is: "This is a policy he came up with 2 weeks ago, why didn't Jeremy Hunt announce it in the Budget? Because he can't afford it. Hypothetically, if we don't match the Prime Minister's triple-lock, which he can't afford, do you know how much of your basic state pension would be taxed by the end of this Parliament? £8. Across 12 months. Taxed at 20%. So £1.60 a year in tax. That's the Prime Minister's scary tax rise."

Council services: Sunak - "Labour Councils are rubbish and run out of money, they'll do the same to the country. We've put extra funding in place for councils." Starmer - "it's not only Labour councils struggling, what about Thurrock?" NO! The answer is: "You haven't put extra funding in place, you've cut council budgets in real terms by a huge amount since 2010. Is it any wonder libraries, swimming pools, museums are closing, bus routes are scarce and your potholes aren't being filled? That's what we've had to suffer for the past 14 years."

Go after the cunts, they've ruined this country, call them out on it. Rishi claims he's a new man leading a new party. You can't polish a turd, you've just rolled it in glitter and pretended we won't notice."

• Like 1

Record shop owner: "Brexit's ruined me. How are you going to fix the trading relationship so my business is viable?" Sunak - "I'm going to do 2 things to help you, I'm going to cut your business rates and cut your national insurance." Starmer - "he's going to cut national insurance, he's just spent £46bn in a minute." NO! FUCKING NO! ANSWER HER FUCKING QUESTION! DON'T ENGAGE WITH HIS BULLSHIT! "He's going to cut your national insurance and cut your business rates. Notice how none of that's going to help you trade more? I'll go back to the EU and renegotiate our relationship. Trade shouldn't be this difficult. Brexit was voted for by the British public but in the 8 years since the referendum, we've had failure after failure in negotiating with the EU from Tory Prime Minister after Tory Prime Minister. This Prime Minister voted for Brexit, but has been unable to make it work." He got there eventually, but it took too long.

God, this has been infuriating and exhausting. Can we please just get to polling day and vote these fuckers out?

• Like 1

Starmer’s spent this whole campaign treading on eggshells trying to not piss off the electorate and the media and letting the absolute shambles state of the Tories do the heavy lifting, I just hope the next few years aren’t going to be like this.

• Like 1