Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2025

Very good calls Arghton. 

Is Yoko Ono having lewy body dementia confirmed? Sounds correct but I hadn’t heard this. 

1 hour ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Very good calls Arghton. 

Is Yoko Ono having lewy body dementia confirmed? Sounds correct but I hadn’t heard this. 

Here:

On 23/12/2023 at 20:56, arghton said:

https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2017/05160800/

Searching around I found this Japanese-language article from 2017 where Yoko Ono's younger brother (Keisuke Ono) says Sean told him that Yoko was diagnosed with lewy body dementia in May or June 2016. Not sure if this was ever mentioned in non-Japanese news or the forums but I assume this is the "undisclosed illness" she has needed round-clock care for the last few years. Definitely should be kept on the list

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arghton said:

Here:

8 years with dementia while being 91 is enough credibility to be on the list

On 24/07/2024 at 19:03, arghton said:

My thoughts and opinions on a 2025 list:

Keep (25)

Return (4):

1. Yoko Ono (lewy body dementia for ages, other ailments)

I've cut the list, but what this post tells me is how insane it is so many are still lingering!

Also, 8 years of lewy body dementia for Yoko? She's a 2024 or 2025 death at the latest, then.

To be honest, Clarence Carter, Bobby Vinton and Garnet Mimms could be a great shout for 2025, turnin' 89, 90, and 92 next year. All are kinda obitable names.

• Confused 1

Some other options to consider:

Russell M Nelson (1924)

Woody Woodbury (1924)

Valdas Adamkus (1926)

Estelle Parsons (1927)

Jim Lovell (1928)

Alejandro Jodorowsky (1929)

Warren Buffett (1930)

Jordi Pujol (1930)

Silvia Pinal (1931)

Maggie Smith (1934)

Alan Bennett (1934)

• Like 2

If we are mentioning Warren Buffett I would throw out George Soros (b. 1930) as well.

Both picks seem fairly weak though besides being old and an easy obit. 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2024 at 23:21, The Daredevil said:

Some essential newbies for the 2025 DL... if they make it

Alain Delon: Wheelchair bound, verging towards ninety in 2025, suffering from lymphoma, recovering from a severe stroke from five years ago, his family is breaking apart and he is in the middle of the Delon family fight.

James Earl Jones: Will be 94 in January, has been close to 300 pounds for most of his life, has been out of the spotlight as of late, has had a history of diabetes going back to the 1990s.

June Spencer: Um, she'll be 106 next June.

Eva Marie Saint: Um, she'll be 101 next July.

Teri Garr: Will be 80 this December, has suffered from multiple sclerosis for decades, has been too quiet.

The last 3 are already on my list.  Delon will likely make my list last year.  And I can't really argue with James Earl Jones, either.  All sensible choices.  

Those familiar with American football (the NFL) would know about Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy.  He will turn 99 (assuming he makes it) on August 3 and would turn 100 next year.  I haven't seen or heard much of him this year, but towards the end of last year I saw some articles in which he appeared to be active and doing quite well.  I've resisted putting Dick Van Dyke on my list because I've simply thought that he wasn't more likely to die than 50 other names in a given year, but I may reconsider that stance next year because perhaps 100 should be the line of demarcation.  Anyway, not to be Captain Obvious, but I think anyone is worth serious consideration once they hit 100, no matter how healthy they appear to be.  

But who am I kidding, he won't be famous enough to make the site's Top 50.  Three other suggestions:

Ion Iliescu (former Romanian president is 94 and has been in failing health for years)

Georg Koch (just 52, has terminal pan-can; is he famous enough?)

Noddy Holder (isn't it just a matter of when the drugs stop working?)

Charles Coste - Olympic torchbearer at the French Olympic games. He is 100 years old and in a wheelchair. Wasn't even allowed to move or be wheeled by someone else.

He won a gold medal in the team pursuit at the 1948 Summer Olympics.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Charles Coste - Olympic torchbearer at the French Olympic games. He is 100 years old and in a wheelchair. Wasn't even allowed to move or be wheeled by someone else.

He won a gold medal in the team pursuit at the 1948 Summer Olympics.

i hope this is satire

23 hours ago, LWCZ said:

To be honest, Clarence Carter, Bobby Vinton and Garnet Mimms could be a great shout for 2025, turnin' 89, 90, and 92 next year. All are kinda obitable names.

All good shouts. On a similar tack, Buddy Guy turns 88 in a few days and retired from touring this year. Strikes me as a big enough name for the DL.

• Like 1