weasel

World War I Veteran(s)

I posted that on another thread.Didn't post it here because it turns out he probably didn't serve in WW1 after all. It's wierd that he was never verified as the worlds oldest man though, which he must have been if the age is correct

1) OoO said WWI "ERA" veteran, which means he served in other conflicts during or around the time of WWI, but not necessarily related.

2) Poland didn't have conclusive birth/death records then if I'm correct, which makes it just about impossible for the GRG to verify him.

I posted that on another thread.Didn't post it here because it turns out he probably didn't serve in WW1 after all. It's wierd that he was never verified as the worlds oldest man though, which he must have been if the age is correct

1) OoO said WWI "ERA" veteran, which means he served in other conflicts during or around the time of WWI, but not necessarily related.

2) Poland didn't have conclusive birth/death records then if I'm correct, which makes it just about impossible for the GRG to verify him.

Apparently there is a suspicion he is a few years younger and it might have been an older brother who served and not him.

• Like 1

My newspaper had a story on Dorothy Ellis, the last surviving World War I veteran widow in England, who is merely 92 years old.

A little googling learns me she's been mentioned in the guardian and daily mail as well, so she might be obit-worthy.

My newspaper had a story on Dorothy Ellis, the last surviving World War I veteran widow in England, who is merely 92 years old.

A little googling learns me she's been mentioned in the guardian and daily mail as well, so she might be obit-worthy.

Tottering totty of the highest order, thanks for that. I really hope she enjoys Christmas, cos that gives us a sporting chance of enjoying the New Year.

• Like 1

She would have been born after the war, seems like somebody preferred the younger model.

(Realistically there's at least 20 years between them. Still not as bad as Eden though, child-chasing twunt of a PM)

i don't suppose any world war one veteran will pop up alive at this late stage will they?

i don't suppose any world war one veteran will pop up alive at this late stage will they?

Shut up, you'll out us all!

Today marks the 100th anniversary of the start of the Third battle of Ipres, better known as Passchendaele. Let's have Iron Maiden tell the story.

• Like 1

Shouldn't there be a 'Dead' sticker on this thread?

• Like 1

aren't there any german ww1 veterans left

41 minutes ago, runebomme said:

aren't there any german ww1 veterans left

Yes, because the Germans are insane enough to send children to fight in the Great War... 

If there's a veteran left it's probably a regimental tortoise mascot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Yes, because the Germans are insane enough to send children to fight in the Great War... 

there were some 13 to 14 year olds lying about their age (to get into the army) in the uk at least 

20 minutes ago, runebomme said:

there were some 13 to 14 year olds lying about their age (to get into the army) in the uk at least 

My Grandfather lied about his age to sign up because his father was a violent alcoholic. He would never go into a pub.

My great uncle died in the First World War. He was 14.

Those signing folk up didn't give a toss.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, msc said:

My great uncle died in the First World War. He was 14.

Those signing folk up didn't give a toss.

Aye, but the don't give a toss now cos even the 14 year old "soldiers" are dead.

Aye, but everything dies if you wait long enough.

Harry Patch the Last British ww1 soldier died at 111 in 2009

some one serving at 14 near the end of the war in 1918 would be 113

and considering that france germany and russia each had more soldiers than the British

If someone were 13 and joined towards the end of the war in 1917, they would be 113. 

I think they're all dead and should have a dead banner on this thread.

There's only one living 113 year old in the UK (verified) - Bess Camm.

Oldest living guy is 109 year old Alf Smith from Perth.

Oldest living Germans (verified) are 111.

Last veried WW1 veteran was British woman Florence Green who died on 4th February 2012 15 days shy of her 111th birthday.

^^ the reason why I'm staying off Facebook. Banned from a photo site ffs on Friday for pulling up one of the cunto s.

All involved with the poppy shite are dead.

Any cash you give goes to  retards and their families to breed more retards for the English Crown.

Fuck them all.

• Thanks 1