Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

10 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Actress Lara Parker, who became known for playing Angelique on the show Dark Shadows, died at 84 years:

https://extratv.com/2023/10/16/lara-parker-angelique-on-cult-favorite-dark-shadows-dies-at-84/

She appeared also in Oscar-winning drama Save the Tiger beside Jack Lemmon.

I believe she was the oldest notable woman with the first name Lara (before the name spiked in popularity in the mid 1960s, following the release of the movie Dr. Zhivago).

• Like 2

NB that Lara Parker's real name was Mary Lamar Rickey. She probably became Lara Parker around the time of Dr Zhivago, as her first credits date from 1967.

Sad to hear she's gone. From 2007 to about 2010 I watched the complete run of Dark Shadows on DVD and loved it.

Burt Young, Paulie from Rockydead at 83.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

On 17/10/2023 at 20:20, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

NB that Lara Parker's real name was Mary Lamar Rickey. She probably became Lara Parker around the time of Dr Zhivago, as her first credits date from 1967.

Sad to hear she's gone. From 2007 to about 2010 I watched the complete run of Dark Shadows on DVD and loved it.

So the oldest notable woman with the first name Lara born after the movie came out is Lara Jill Miller (born April 20, 1967), who starred in Gimme a Break! in the 80s and voices Lisa Loud from The Loud House.

Edited by The Red Death

4 hours ago, The Red Death said:

So the oldest notable woman with the first name Lara born after the movie came out is Lara Jill Miller (born April 20, 1967), who starred in Gimme a Break! in the 80s and voices Lisa Loud from The Loud House.

A quick search of Free BMD reveals that the name Lara was by no means unknown before Dr Zhivago, with the first candidate being one Lara Careless :D registered in 1841.

• Like 1

No one understood him but his woman....

11 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Richard Roundtree got SHAFTed by pancreatic cancer at 81:

https://deadline.com/2023/10/richard-roundtree-dead-shaft-star-1235582237/

Edit: Not a DDP pick, but I think I've seen him there before. 

Was watching Moving On (2022) with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. RIP Richard

4 minutes ago, openviews said:

'WALKING DEAD' ACTOR ERIK JENSEN DIAGNOSED WITH STAGE 4 CANCER

https://www.tmz.com/2023/10/25/walking-dead-actor-erik-jensen-diagnosed-cancer-wife-starts-gofundme/

WE ALREADY KNOW.

14 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Erik Jensen, of Walking Dead fame, has colorectal cancer:

https://tvline.com/news/walking-dead-erik-jensen-cancer-diagnosis-season-5-dr-steven-edwards-go-fund-me-1235065284/

He's still filming and seems to be doing alright, but also had a brain aneurysm last year. Sounds very 50:50 to me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dead Wait said:

I hate these sorts of headlines…….he was in 3 episodes!!

Very important one's though!

On 15/10/2023 at 15:26, tracy said:

Suzanne Somers dead at 76.

Cause of death revealed to be "breast cancer with metastasis to the brain”. Underlying conditions include hypertension, or high blood pressure, and hydrocephalus. 

• Like 1

American actress Joan Evans (Wikidead at 89, she appeared in classic and western movies like Roseanna McCoy, Our Very Own, No Name on the Bullet, The Outcast and Edge of Doom.

Fun Fact: Joan Crawford was her godmother!

Edit: Nothing from press!

image.thumb.png.1a790840757a71e5886ff901e416d4b1.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gisooo said:

American actress Joan Evans (Wikidead at 89, she appeared in classic and western movies like Roseanna McCoy, Our Very Own, No Name on the Bullet, The Outcast and Edge of Doom.

Fun Fact: Joan Crawford was her godmother!

Edit: Nothing from press!

An interesting Hollywood Reporter obit for Joan Evans:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/joan-evans-dead-on-the-loose-skirts-ahoy-joan-crawford-1235630895/

• Like 3

Her husband of 70 years died on New Years at 97. Not bad for a marriage that started in Joan Crawford’s living room. 

• Like 1

Bridgette Wilson, a former teen model and then actress with a Wikipedia page, has difficult ovarian cancer:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/bridgette-wilson-sampras-ovarian-cancer-pete-sampras-says-1235631369/

She's the wife of Pete Sampras. Death is getting closer....

• Like 4

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Bridgette Wilson, a former teen model and then actress with a Wikipedia page, has difficult ovarian cancer:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/bridgette-wilson-sampras-ovarian-cancer-pete-sampras-says-1235631369/

She's the wife of Pete Sampras. Death is getting closer....

Oh, Veronica Vaughn, soooo hot, want to touch the heinie.

Recent interview with Oscar-winning actress Lee Grant (wiki) from late September.

Confirms she was born in 1925 (not the later years that are thrown around elsewhere online). After she tells the interviewer this and he doesn't react she responds with "Wait a minute, you’re supposed to react to that, kid! You’re supposed to say ‘What?! You’re kidding!’ Do your part. You’re supposed to react to that."

Sounds quite sharp. A future centenarian?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Recent interview with Oscar-nominated actress Lee Grant (wiki) from late September.

You're selling her short, she's an Oscar winner too (Best Supporting Actress, 1975).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

American actor Peter White (Wikidead at 86

He appeared in films like: Mr. Wrong, Pride and Prejudice, My Week with Marilyn, Atonement, Lassie and LGBT film The Boys in the Band

Also in tv series: All My Children, JAG, The West Wing, Sisters, Murder She Wrote, Amen, Dallas, Dynasty, The Jeffersons etc etc.

image.png.dd4c067c59bef41dfef5067fb9c396c9.png

• Like 5

Shannon Wilcox, actress whose credits include Frankie & Johnny, Seven and a slew of TV roles over 40+ years, dead aged 80

• Like 1