Tuber Mirum

Birthdays, Births, Anniversaries Etc...2006

Phantom, that may be a first. Has any other DLer posted a pic of him or herself on the site? It's sort of our equivalent of being the first living, non-royal to appear on a postage stamp (who holds this honour again?)
There are a few, certainly the picture in my profile is me, but it was taken with my phone camera so it's a little bit grainy to say the least. And probably for the best.. :(

There are others though, or there were when I posted this anyway.

The picture in my profile is me too...

My avatar was made by my 3 year old son, using Play-Doh, and shows amazing artistic skill on his part due to the uncanny resemblance to my actual physical appearance...

... see for yourself here.

My avatar was made by my 3 year old son, using Play-Doh, and shows amazing artistic skill on his part due to the uncanny resemblance to my actual physical appearance...

wow Six, your three year old has real talent. That avatar's a dead ringer for the real you.

Thank you Cowboy Ronnie, he is rather clever isn't he. I'm not so good with creating art myself, it's the tiny stumpy hands and uneven arms that make it difficult, along with the fact that my arms come out of my cheeks, unlike with ordinary folk. Oh, and the fact that I've got no pupils in my eyes.

He obviously gets his talent from his father. <_<

I don't know how to put this nicely Six, but it looks like you got yourself a dud kid there. Three you say? Unfortunately it must be obvious to you by now that you have failed to produce a Rodin or a Moore, unless he's a very late developer.

Don't despair though, just have another one, you never know you may just get a mini Mozart next time and you can teach the dud to take the hat around. <_<

:P

I don't know how to put this nicely Six, but it looks like you got yourself a dud kid there. Three you say? Unfortunately it must be obvious to you by now that you have failed to produce a Rodin or a Moore, unless he's a very late developer.

Don't despair though, just have another one, you never know you may just get a mini Mozart next time and you can teach the dud to take the hat around. :D

;)

:P:D I'll have you know my boy is a genius! Do you know how difficult it is to create art with Play-Doh?? And did you see the likeness to my photo? A genius I tell you, absolute genius. ;)

And by the way, I have had another one who, incidentally, is showing signs of becoming a mini Mozart. Now I just need medical science pull its socks up and make it possible for men to get pregnant and painfully give birth, and then I can have another child, who will be the dud who carries the hat. :P

ANYWAY, while I'm here, I'd like to wish an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Football Fan and to TLC, just in case I don't get to say it tomorrow. Many drinks raised to you both. <_<

Not technically a birthday or anniversary, but apparently today is Remembrance of the Dead day in the Netherlands - perhaps our Dutch correspondant Mr Hein could elaborate some more on this?

Not technically a birthday or anniversary, but apparently today is Remembrance of the Dead day in the Netherlands - perhaps our Dutch correspondant Mr Hein could elaborate some more on this?

Well, in a way it is an anniversary. On May 5 1945 the German Army in the Netherlands surrendered to the Allies. This is sort of celebrated as Liberation Day in the Netherlands. Until the 1970's it was the Dutch National Holiday, but most people don't get the day off nowadays. May 4 is used to commemorate those who died from war since WWII.

Tonight I joined the Remebrance Service in my home town. All the trimmings: solemn music by a brass band, the Mayor, Navy brass and Lots of Important People (including the military attache to Her Majesty's Embassy in The Hague) laying wreaths, 2 minutes of silence at 8, the National Anthem. It was a lovely evening, and the pub guests in the square chattered blissfully throughout the ceremony. I guess they wondered what that bloody brass band was about.

The number of veterans attending gets smaller every year. I think within a decade the war is over.

regards,

Hein

Well, in a way it is an anniversary. On May 5 1945 the German Army in the Netherlands surrendered to the Allies. This is sort of celebrated as Liberation Day in the Netherlands. Until the 1970's it was the Dutch National Holiday, but most people don't get the day off nowadays. May 4 is used to commemorate those who died from war since WWII.

Tonight I joined the Remebrance Service in my home town. All the trimmings: solemn music by a brass band, the Mayor, Navy brass and Lots of Important People (including the military attache to Her Majesty's Embassy in The Hague) laying wreaths, 2 minutes of silence at 8, the National Anthem. It was a lovely evening, and the pub guests in the square chattered blissfully throughout the ceremony. I guess they wondered what that bloody brass band was about.

The number of veterans attending gets smaller every year. I think within a decade the war is over.

regards,

Hein

Is there not something similar in Norway? I'm sure they were liberated at the same time.

My grandfather got a scroll from the Crown Prince Olav (very common probably) to thank him for his efforts in Norways Liberation in May 1945....I think.

Anyhoo - happy birthday football_fan.

happybdayff8zo.gif

Happy Birthday to ff and TLC!

TLC, I trust that you have sufficient supplies of alcohol and, ahem, 'special' cigarettes to last your day of celebration? :(

A triumvirate of birthdays today!

Firstly, verminarrd, 33 today. Apparently his interests are Fantasy books, Poker, and football.. what else is there in life?

Sex, Mr V.

Food. Taxes. Work. Sleep. The list could be endless.

TLC is the youngest, at 32. Typing in "Lando" and "birthday" revealed this picture: mir%20birthday1th.gif

which is as good as any for celebrating your birthday.

and esteemed Moderator Football Fan is the grand-daddy of them all. As he supports Manchester United, this is the most suitable. bdb002.jpg

Firstly, verminarrd, 33 today. Apparently his interests are Fantasy books, Poker, and football.. what else is there in life?

Sex, Mr V.

Food. Taxes. Work. Sleep. The list could be endless.

Happy birthday too to verminarrd, a one post wonder (so far) but no less special for it.

What makes that above list of interests even more worrying is that as he's from Boston (the USA one) it's probably not even proper football (i.e. Soccer) on his list! Maybe less worrying than me finding the exclusion of soccer worse than him not putting sex on the list though... :(

And of course a medium-sized Happy Birthday to Football Fan, who at least knows which sport Football is. :P Have a great day doing many useful & constructive things, just not whilst at work if you can help it.

Wishing you both a happy birthday from the Isle of Man too.

... ANYWAY, while I'm here, I'd like to wish an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Football Fan and to TLC, just in case I don't get to say it tomorrow. Many drinks raised to you both. :(

It looks like I am getting the chance to say it, so....

...Happy Birthday to Football Fan and to TLC. Have much cake and music and alcohol and fun!! :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLC & football fan, hope you both have a great day :(

happybdaytlc1xz.gif

Have a terrific birthday FF, TLC and the other one!

cake1xi.jpg

blackdeathsinglepack9sk.th.jpg

Happy collective b-days TLC and FF, and happy cinco de mayo while you're at it. Not that anyone outside of Mexico or the US celebrates it

Cinco%20de%20Mayo.gif

Happy Birthday Football Fan and TLC!

I was sitting here a little conflicted. On one hand, intellectual sexiness definetely seems to be your theme for the day:

BildeavKierkegaard.jpg

karl-marx-MED.jpg

palin03.jpg

Then again, it's hard to beat someone who's been in both Lord of the Rings AND Indiana Jones:

rhys-sm.jpg

But then I found out that this person was also born on your birthdays and, well, if I have to try any harder than this to find sexiness on your birthday, it just wouldn't be worth it. Enjoy!:

(P.S. May be a bit obscure on the other side of the pond, but I'm hoping OoO will back me up on this one)

fishel.jpg

danielle.jpg

df2005-03.jpg

Have a terrific birthday FF, TLC and the other one!

cake1xi.jpg

blackdeathsinglepack9sk.th.jpg

So FF gets a cake, and I get Black Death cigarette papers? Sound like a good deal, I'll probably need some later. :P

Thank you everyone for your kind birthday wishes, as soon as I've finished typing this message it's leave the desk & a sprint to the nearest pub; as it happens that's actually next door on either side. :(

I also thank CP for his usual smorgasbord of alumni (don't know if that makes sense but it sounds quite good), I did notice there are an incredible amount of semi/actually famous people who share my birthday, and I'm quite sure they're on a post-it note somewhere in the post-it note mountain on my desk, buggered if I know where though. The name (and number?) of that lovely lady would be much appreciated, whatever side of the pond she may be.

I may well make an appearance much later this evening; apologies in advance, especially if I go into the chat area. You have been warned!

Toodle pip, and happy cinco de mayo to you all!

The name (and number?) of that lovely lady would be much appreciated, whatever side of the pond she may be.

The young lady in question is Danielle Fishel, most notable for her role in the sitcom "Boy Meets World."

As for her number, well I've got enough trouble getting though for people who aren't famous. :P I think you're on your own for that one. I'm sure she digs Colt-45 Malt Liquor though Lando. :(

palin03.jpg

But then I found out that this person was also born on your birthdays and, well, if I have to try any harder than this to find sexiness on your birthday, it just wouldn't be worth it. Enjoy!:

(P.S. May be a bit obscure on the other side of the pond, but I'm hoping OoO will back me up on this one)

fishel.jpg

Yep, CP, a fine looking girl, and certainly well known, or at least she is for my gender & age. :( I wouldn't have known her real name, but instantly went "Oh, that's Topanga".

Palin is my 3rd favourite hero of all time, behind G"C"G OTS & Stevie Coppell. A very happy birthday to him. I hope I can be as active as he at 63.

Happy birthday FF and TLC, have a drink for me!