Harvester Of Souls

Jacques Chirac

AFP reporting his family asking to "respect their privacy at this time". If he's not dead, I don't think he'll be seeing the weekend. Hollande's plane lands in Paris in an hour, should have a definitive answer then.

These things can happen naturally. In January 2012 I heard by text from an "in the know" politico journo, via his pals in the South African government, that Mandela had died. Luckily, I was in a chip shop at the time picking up dinner, and by the time I got home to the internet, it had been denied by Mandela's spokespeople, so no premature posting on Deathist Forums here. It wasn't a hoax though, just someone close to the family jumping the gun on a dire situation, Mandela obviously recovered enough to live nearly 2 years. Another time, a much regarded sitcom actor went through the same, had the last rites even, and the news came from inside his own house - only he then rallied, but was in obvious poor health and died a few months later.

Chirac might not be dead quite yet, but it feels more like one of the above than random rumours.

• Like 1

Just look at Hanif Mohammed's death a month ago. Death rumours, being denied, but then he dies a couple of hours later. He had pneunomia and lung cancer.

reading between the lines it looks like he is on his death bed.It's probably only a matter of hours or days at most before he goes.

Anyone want to place bets on what day or time he'll go ? I'm going to go for the early hours of tomorrow morning

June 4th 2020

Nice pic of the hacks gathering outside the hospital Chirac's in:

Cs4o4EAWYAAFv4T.jpg

Ah yes, that's where the sainted Diana breathed her last. :angel4:

I do like those old Art Nouveau Metro entrances.

• Like 1

Cs4o4EAWYAAFv4T.jpg

Cs4o4EAWYAAFv4T.jpg

Indeed, and steeped in history - a former gunpowder factory and prostitute's prison.

Cs4o4EAWYAAFv4T.jpg

Cs4o4EAWYAAFv4T.jpg

Indeed, and steeped in history - a former gunpowder factory and prostitute's prison.

They had prisons just for ladies of the night? Was that for moral purposes or to prevent the spread of disease?

Cs4o4EAWYAAFv4T.jpg

Cs4o4EAWYAAFv4T.jpg

They had prisons just for ladies of the night? Was that for moral purposes or to prevent the spread of disease?

England had debtors' prisons and i'm sure that wasn't to stop the spread of debt.

29th September, the family will probably unplugg his life support if he gets worse by the end of the week. I have a feeling a notable death is near, like a famous musician or something....maybe I'm just hungry

29th September, the family will probably unplugg his life support if he gets worse by the end of the week. I have a feeling a notable death is near, like a famous musician or something....maybe I'm just hungry

Hungry? I'd eat the whole 2016 DeathList!

• Like 2

i have a feeling something big will happen on friday. it could be Chiracs death.then again maybe someone even bigger than him will die.