maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

On 19/04/2023 at 18:14, wannamaker said:

K-pop singer Moonbin dead at 25, suspected suicide.

Just catching up.. Guess he’ll be known as Dustbin now. 

• Haha 4
  • Shocked 1

On 15/05/2017 at 15:16, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Pierre DeMudd, sometime trumpet player and vocalist with The Dazz Band. https://www.soultracks.com/story-pierre-demudd-dies

Let It All Blow (UK #12, 1984):

Co-founder and drummer with the Dazz Band Isaac Wiley Jr reportedly dead: https://www.soultracks.com/story-isaac-ike-wiley-dies

That means both Wiley brothers have died, Michael having died in 1993.

• Like 2

Likely nowt but Mary Austin - who passed off for a while as Freddie Mercury's "girlfriend" and inherited most of his stuff, including the Kensington mansion - is selling off 1,500 items, including loads of the good stuff (classic art, significant stage costumes, handwritten lyrics)

Said in an interview she needs to "get her affairs in order" - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65375583

Obitable, if there's more to it than clearing the clutter that's surrounded her for over 30 years

• Like 1

A friend of mine used to work in insurance, and the company handled some of Freddie Mercury's business in relation to Mary Austin and other people. Apparently he set up a trust fund with £100,000 as a gift for someone young.

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

clearing the clutter that's surrounded her for over 30 years

It looks a lot better than the clutter that's surrounded me for over 30 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

A friend of mine used to work in insurance, and the company handled some of Freddie Mercury's business in relation to Mary Austin and other people. Apparently he set up a trust fund with £100,000 as a gift for someone young.

Probably his godson (Mary's son).

• Like 1

I was going to mention Mary Austin here when I saw the news at lunch. I feel like something is up with Mary for her to do this.

44 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I was going to mention Mary Austin here when I saw the news at lunch. I feel like something is up with Mary for her to do this.

Aye, there's something about Mary!

cameron-diaz-recreated-theres-something-

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Guitarist Tim Bachman, who co-founded the Canadian rock band Bachman-Turner Overdrive along with his brothers Randy and Robbie Bachman, and Fred Turner, in 1973, died yesterday (April 28, 2023).

https://bestclassicbands.com/tim-bachman-bto-obituary-4-29-23/

That’s mad. Robbie died in mid Jan (aged 69) and now Tim has gone… he was “only” 71.

Only one of the brothers left now is the far more famous Randy, who is 80 later this year and shows no sign of slowing down.

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That’s mad. Robbie died in mid Jan (aged 69) and now Tim has gone… he was “only” 71.

Only one of the brothers left now is the far more famous Randy, who is 80 later this year and shows no sign of slowing down.

Fred is also still alive.

23 minutes ago, Comped said:

Fred is also still alive.

I know. He’s not their brother though.

Broderick Smith, who was a member of 1970s bands Sundown, Carson and the Dingoes and the father of Ambrose Kenny-Smith (who provided vocals, harmonica and keyboards for the rock band King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard since their formation in 2010) has died aged 75.

https://themusic.com.au/news/aus-music-legend-broderick-smith-of-carson-the-dingoes-passes-away/X37dc3J1dHc/01-05-23

Christy Dignams fund-raiser will stop receiving donations as of tomorrow after receiving nearly $40000 despite an initial target of $5000 .Probably ending because they have received more than enough but could mean Christy has deteriorated and is winding down.Think it is over 4 months he has been on hospice now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DoorSlammer said:

And now Stromae cancels his whole tour because of health issues.

That bothers me quite a bit. I hope he gets his act together.

I know she had a cursory mention elsewhere, but farewell to singer/activist/rock star/actor/author/presenter/most things Rita Lee, a name that means a lot more in Latin America than in the Western world.

Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat Macumba obá
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat Macumba o
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat Macumba
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat Macum
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat Ma
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat
Bat Macumba ê ê, Ba
Bat Macumba ê ê
Bat Macumba ê
Bat Macumba
Bat Macum
Bat Ma
Bat
Ba
Bat
Bat Ma
Bat Macum
Bat Macumba
Bat Macumba ê
Bat Macumba ê ê
Bat Macumba ê ê, Ba
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat Ma
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat Macum
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat Macumba
Bat Macumba ê ê, Bat Macumba o

Getting a facepalm from the forum’s biggest bellend is a badge of honour.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Dunno where else to post this, the pop star in question is still with us but had a bit of a minor revelation this week about his best known work which I thought I might share here, apart from owt else he's 78 soon and his position by birth, more than his fleeting musical career, likely makes him a q/o certainty. 

Anyway, ripped from my own social media: 

So, here's a thing. The online home of musical oddities hosted by Mr Weird and Wacky celebrated this hit recently (mainly it has to be said because of dodgy cover art on a couple of international editions). Led me to Googling Dundas to see what else he'd done. Turns out he's genuine aristocracy "Lord" David and son of the 3rd Marquess etc. Anyway, that puts a different slant on the whole caper. If you hear it as "blue genes" the hit is little short of blue bloods sticking together "I need to have you near me" as they stick it to the proles and the verse about motorbike riding comes over as a celebration of doing what you want, when you want, heedless of cost whilst the rest of us labour to heat our homes and eat. Just thought I'd, like, share that:

David Dundas also composed the original Channel 4 intro music, which used to be played before every programme.

You'd think they'd have got someone like Cornelius Cardew to do it....

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

David Dundas also composed the original Channel 4 intro music, which used to be played before every programme.

You'd think they'd have got someone like Cornelius Cardew to do it....

Cardew copped it in  a hit and run (still unresolved) in December 1981, I'm thinking maybe it was a case of "got money in my pocket, a tiger in my tank and I'm king of the hit and run" as Dundas secured the gravy train from those few seconds of music.

• Like 1