maryportfuncity

Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets

75 dead, 15 critically injured, over 100 injured...yikes!

How awful I hope the person that did it gets anal cancer.

75 dead, 15 critically injured, over 100 injured...yikes!

and now they're saying 77. sheer madness

Looks like there is a quatorze Juillet terrorist attack in Nice, France. "50 feared dead".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691019/Several-people-injured-truck-crashes-crowd-Bastille-Day-celebrations-Nice.html

You DO realize this isn't even remotely close to the right fuckng thread?

Looks like there is a quatorze Juillet terrorist attack in Nice, France. "50 feared dead".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691019/Several-people-injured-truck-crashes-crowd-Bastille-Day-celebrations-Nice.html

You do realize that no one cares about your whining?

• Like 1

Seriously? That's what bothers you most about this whole thing?

• Like 11

He's right; I should have put it in Interesting Ways to Die.

• Like 2

He's right; I should have put it in Interesting Ways to Die.

It doesn't matter. If one of the mods feel compelled to move it, then they can.

Just heard the death toll stands at 84, with 18 in a critical condition

I hope they make it.
  • Like 3

There really are no boundaries to what extremists are prepared to do once they've decided their life is worth less on earth than it is in heaven/valhalla/nirvana. There are always gangsters who will exploit people with no choices to carry out activities to further their 'noble' ends. The solution? Get rid of the gangsters, give choices to those with none, convince them there's no heaven and therefore no noble cause to die for? Probably a combination of all these things; but there's no single answer to what is a complex problem. But hand wringing, marches of solidarity, flags on facebook avatars and wall building - no, that's not going to change a thing.

Even for this place, that is monumentally cuntish of you.

You should be fucking ashamed.

• Like 1

You should be effing ashamed.

I'm still puzzling over why he thinks a thread about terrorists is an unsuitable place to post about something that is probably a terrorist attack.

• Like 1

I'm still puzzling over why he thinks a thread about terrorists is an unsuitable place to post about something that is probably a terrorist attack.

Because he is a twat.

• Like 2

I assume he thought it should be in the General non-school massacre thread. That's where I thought it would be. But as said above it hardly matters.

Saw on the 6 o'clock news that some people, including police, tried to stop him before anyone was hit, but they couldn't open the door and he accelerated away. Wondering if, given the weaponry inside the truck, this was a Plan B, because he thought his attack had been rumbled so he just killed as many as possible using the truck. Either way it was devastatingly effective and almost wholly unpreventable. We live in scary times, made scarier by prize buffoons like Donald Trump trying to make hay out of people's fears.

I assume he thought it should be in the General non-school massacre thread. That's where I thought it would be. But as said above it hardly matters.

Saw on the 6 o'clock news that some people, including police, tried to stop him before anyone was hit, but they couldn't open the door and he accelerated away. Wondering if, given the weaponry inside the truck, this was a Plan B, because he thought his attack had been rumbled so he just killed as many as possible using the truck. Either way it was devastatingly effective and almost wholly unpreventable. We live in scary times, made scarier by prize buffoons like Donald Trump trying to make hay out of people's fears.

Tbf, its not very difficult to make hay when yet another attack takes place with great success.

I would suspect, after the umpteenth attack on his watch, Hollande is on borrowed time.

Tbf, its not very difficult to make hay when yet another attack takes place with great success.

I would suspect, after the umpteenth attack on his watch, Hollande is on borrowed time.

Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_July_2016lists over 80 terrorist incidents of varying magnitude so far this month of which 3 are in the 'West'. We can quibble about the definition used but still.. makes you think.

List a dozen out of the 1,984 threads that are closer. ;)

• Like 4

I hope they make it.

Numbers keep changing 50+ in critical condition

I hope they make it.

Hollande said 50 are hanging between life and death, and are described elsewhere as critical. Around half of those are on life support, which is closer to the 18 originally stated. I'm guessing most of those on life support were included in the original 18. The rest are critical, which is obviously still very serious but not necessarily immediately life-threatening. Think the death toll could still rise to around 100 though.

I hope they make it.

Hollande said 50 are hanging between life and death, and are described elsewhere as critical. Around half of those are on life support, which is closer to the 18 originally stated. I'm guessing most of those on life support were included in the original 18. The rest are critical, which is obviously still very serious but not necessarily immediately life-threatening. Think the death toll could still rise to around 100 though.

I heard 200 injured, 50 in critical and about 20 on life support. Probably many that suffered minor injuries were due to the panic that ensued while people ran to safety

ISIS haven't claimed this one as one of their attacks, just that he was a soldier for their cause. His wife's cousin has said that he wasn't a Halibut, he was a shit who beat his wife regularly.

If I had to pick an Isis candidate for a dead pool team right now, Tamim Chowdhury, now known as Abū Ibrāhīm al-Hanīf, would be my pick. He's the emir of the Bangladeshi branch of Isis, is widely suspected of being the man behind the Dhaka Cafe attacks and has apparently fled to India. Which strikes me as a [swearword this site's filter won't let me use] stupid place to run to.

If I had to pick an Isis candidate for a dead pool team right now, Tamim Chowdhury, now known as Abū Ibrāhīm al-Hanīf, would be my pick. He's the emir of the Bangladeshi branch of Isis, is widely suspected of being the man behind the Dhaka Cafe attacks and has apparently fled to India. Which strikes me as a [swearword this site's filter won't let me use] stupid place to run to.

oh I dont know, they will never find him as they all look alike. Yours Dr Zorders
  • Like 1

Abubakar Shekau, leader of Boko Haram, says in new unverified video that the end has come for him in his fight and that Boko Haram should surrender.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2016/03/for-me-the-end-has-come-watch-boko-haram-leader-abubakar-shekaus-new-video/(Not the most reliable source, but there are others. This was just the first to pop up.)

BBC report on new leader being announced, but no information on Shekau who is in the DDP this year. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36963711

Missing in action yet again?