7 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

England 3 - 2 Spain and it will go to penalties.

Whit?  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Whit?  

2-2 so end result will be 3-2.

I know this is a fairly tenuous claim to fame, but Mrs DDT and I sponsored Ollie Watkins' kit many moons ago when he was turning out for Exeter City's youth team :)

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I know this is a fairly tenuous claim to fame, but Mrs DDT and I sponsored Ollie Watkins' kit many moons ago when he was turning out for Exeter City's youth team :)

If he scores winner in the final you’ll be telling that story on mid morning TV on Thursday as they drag it on and on and on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

6 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

If he scores winner in the final you’ll be telling that story on mid morning TV on Thursday as they drag it on and on and on. 

And I would suggest asking for your money back. The guy must be minted now.

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

And I would suggest asking for your money back. The guy must be minted now.

I'd suggest asking for your money back and a bonus on top. I'd prefer the bonus to be a private tour of the showers after their final match and a long weekend on the Costa del Cole Palmer, but others may prefer cash.

• Haha 1

50 minutes to go...nerves are rising...it's the hope that kills you! :facepalm:

Spain with a convincing win for my prediction. Spain have been without doubt team of the tournament and played the host nation and France en route to the final. Not one of their games has gone to penalties and only the one with Germany went to extra time. They will be fresher and have the quality and depth that would be the envy of most of the nation's that have competed in Euro 2024 let alone England.

58 years they have been banging on about this. 

I haven't got 58 more years in me.

Either way, it's going to be intolerable. Maybe slightly more tolerable if England lose.

The unbearable unbearability of boring.

Football. It isn't everything. And if it is, get out more and achieve your own dreams. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

90-odd minutes of hope culminating in a 1-1 draw, eventually going to penalties which England loses and I die inside knowing that in just under two years time Three Lions and World In Motion and Vindaloo will blight the radio once more.

As with every football match, whether club or national team, I expect nothing and am therefore never disappointed, and occasionally pleasantly surprised. Technically, Spain are much the better team, with better individual players, but England seem to have developed a knack of doing something!

• Like 2

Half time: about as cagey as I expected it to be. We've defended superbly and are very much in this match. Still all to play for!

2 more years, 4 more years.

Ah well. Runner up is good job.

If Alan Shearer ever says 'quality' or more specifically 'England just need a little bit more quality' in any commentary ever in future I'm putting a contract out on him.

• Haha 1

Spain won, although congratulations to England for their game and efforts to reach the finals, as you know it's not that easy.

This football lark ain’t gonna catch on. Back to ignoring it for a year or so for me.

Congratulations to the Spanish forum winners for the Euro 24 title
Congratulations also to the English here, they reached the final for the 2nd time in a row, they fought until the end, they were brave, but Spain managed to score at the end of the game
The English title is close if they continue like this

Suck on that England.

IMG_0372.jpeg

• Like 1

Well done Spain, probably the best team performance to win this competition since the Tika-Taka Spain of 2008.

• Like 1

Spain have been the better side but, once again, we threatened to do it only to fall short. Wasn't worried with 19 minutes left and 1-0 down as we always find a way. Cue Cole Palmer. Looked like we might get a second, didn't. Sucker punch late on. Gutted. We've got to find a way to get over the line.

El fútbol viene a casa

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Suck on that England.

Oh go back to your glorified rounders and your 'world series' that consists of, oh yeah, just you lot.

We don't come stirring up over that because we have more, cough, quality.

• Like 1

The deserved winners of the Euros, with the way Spain played they were a level above everyone else.

No doubt the best team of the tournament won. I am still thinking that the best two teams played against each other in the quarter-finals. England was not that far behind though. They played very "Germany in the 80s", i.e. they win the games but nobody really knows why.

• Like 1