VSBfromH

Disc Jockeys

Acid house DJ Mallorca Lee has announced he is suffering from terminal cancer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

In the afternoon?

In the afterlife

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Steve Wright dead at 69.

Hopefully his funeral features someone making snarky unfunny comments over the last 30 seconds of the eulogy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was only broadcasting 2 days ago, must been sudden heart attack or stroke not cancer etc

According to the BBC article, Sara Cox was very upset announcing it and it was described as a shock, so clearly no indication he was unwell, so something sudden.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BonScott said:

Was only broadcasting 2 days ago, must been sudden heart attack or stroke not cancer etc

He was the size of a house in later life and I always said to my mum "heart attack waiting to happen". If you look at pics of him when he was younger he was so skinny too.

Anyway, RIP big fella.

IMG_5172.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Hopefully his funeral features someone making snarky unfunny comments over the last 30 seconds of the eulogy. 

I notice from the coverage his father is still alive. He must be old seeing as Wright was nearly 70. 

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He was the size of a house in later life and I always said to my mum "heart attack waiting to happen". If you look at pics of him when he was younger he was so skinny too.

Anyway, RIP big fella.

IMG_5172.jpeg

Heart attack sounds most likely then, same with George Michael, that pic before his death he had doubled his weight, was almost Elvis like 

I wasn't that keen on him with his unfunny comments.  I thought he was a tw@. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Always remember the ongoing comments in Popbitch about how he'd carry a bottle of medical-grade mouthwash with him all the time and take massive swigs when songs were playing on radio. To the extent that the studio absolutely stank of Listerine even on the days he wasn't in.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Always remember the ongoing comments in Popbitch about how he'd carry a bottle of medical-grade mouthwash with him all the time and take massive swigs when songs were playing on radio. To the extent that the studio absolutely stank of Listerine even on the days he wasn't in.

This is my mental association with him too.

He always looked sweaty, so I can't imagine his cardiovascular health was very good.

The press reports seem to be skipping over all those prostitutes he murdered in Ipswich

• Haha 10

46 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

According to the BBC article, Sara Cox was very upset announcing it and it was described as a shock, so clearly no indication he was unwell, so something sudden.

Got an MBE in New Year's Honours but he had only just been given Pick of the Pops to present. 

Can we have Paul Gambicini back now?

• Like 4

I know we're normally hardbitten here, but listening to Bobbie Prior literally sobbing over the traffic even got me on Radio 2. 

Then his closure theme at top of the hour at 559pm into the news. My turn to leak a few tears. 

• Like 1

I understand that he was very good at what he did but I just didn't find it all that entertaining. He was very fawning over his guests. Though having recently heard Dermot O'Leary trying to interview Bernie Taupin I get that Steve Wright was at least professional.

• Like 1

The Wright Snuffed. 

Can't believe he is gone before Pete Murray,  David Hamilton and Tony Blakburm

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Can't believe he is gone before Pete Murray,  David Hamilton and Tony Blakburm

Diddy David Hamilton appears on GBNews now. He seems fine. I'd give him at least another 5 years.

Pete Murray is ancient, but with a 2024 appearance on the radiography list, I don't think he's exactly at death's door either.

4 hours ago, BonScott said:

Or suicide