People who feel the need to push automatic revolving doors and end up breaking them.

This is the 3rd time this month that someone has broken the same set of doors.

All you have to do is scan your ID card, step in, and the doors start revolving. It's simple. But for some reason there are people here that feel that the doors don't revolve quickly enough for them and end up breaking the motor. So in the meantime, everyone has to wait for a security guard to come round to open the side door to let people in to the building.

A lot of the ones in public places leave the side doors open to reduce this happening and stop congestion.

It's not a public building, the side doors at that entrance you have to request to be opened if you're carrying equipment that's too bulky to go through the revolving doors.

At the front entrance where the reception desk is, you don't need to scan your ID card to get in, although if you wanted to go passed that area, then you need an ID card.

People who feel the need to push automatic revolving doors and end up breaking them.

All you have to do is scan your ID card, step in, and the doors start revolving. It's simple. But for some reason there are people here that feel that the doors don't revolve quickly enough for them and end up breaking the motor. So in the meantime, everyone has to wait for a security guard to come round to open the side door to let people in to the building.

Revolving doors are irritating and useless so maybe someone is breaking them on purpose so the building will get a regular useful door.

• Like 1

Revolving doors are irritating and useless so maybe someone is breaking them on purpose so the building will get a regular useful door.

Even going through the side doors, they still have to stop and show their ID. so it's pointless.

My ancient oven has finally conked out. Now I'm in a bit of a predicament because it's a built-in oven, and being so old, it's quite a lot bigger (top to bottom) than today's standard sizes. So it's not going to be as simple as taking old one out and sticking new one in. I will probably need to get a chippie to, I dunno, make a little cupboard or drawer out of the extra space and make sure the aperture is the right size for a new oven. But I will need to get the old oven disconnected and taken out first, won't I? So we can measure the space. This is all going to take weeks, innit.

And I liked my old oven. It's a decent size, and it has a proper separate grill. Now you have to have two ovens to get a separate grill. I don't need two fucking ovens. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the grill inside the oven?

My ancient oven has finally conked out. Now I'm in a bit of a predicament because it's a built-in oven, and being so old, it's quite a lot bigger (top to bottom) than today's standard sizes. So it's not going to be as simple as taking old one out and sticking new one in. I will probably need to get a chippie to, I dunno, make a little cupboard or drawer out of the extra space and make sure the aperture is the right size for a new oven. But I will need to get the old oven disconnected and taken out first, won't I? So we can measure the space. This is all going to take weeks, innit.

And I liked my old oven. It's a decent size, and it has a proper separate grill. Now you have to have two ovens to get a separate grill. I don't need two fucking ovens. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the grill inside the oven?

What part of your oven has conked out? If it's just the oven or grill element then these can usually be purchased for little cost and easily installed.

• Like 1

No, it's really old, 80s vintage I think. The thermostat went ages ago, so it was OK for cooking anything that didn't need to be in there long, like pizza. I did ask our local electrician about replacing it, and he said, not worth it because of its age, as something else would go next. And sure enough, it's given up altogether now.

My cooker dates from 1969, still going strong. All the ring elements have been replaced, I did it myself bought them on ebay for £8 each. The oven and grill elements are original and still going strong. Modern appliances are shit by comparison.

• Like 3

A few unusual and tasty beers that I have enjoyed so far as the night is lingering on and the more the merrier. Drop the first empty pizza box on the floor!

A few unusual and tasty beers that I have enjoyed so far as the night is lingering on and the more the merrier. Drop the first empty pizza box on the floor!

Ok, I have always assumed that post times were GMT.

To this end, and IIRC, BS is on the East Coast of the States, it would have been 5.48PM?

Hardly the fuggin evening then!!!

Liar, liar pants on fire!!!

To this end, and IIRC, BS is on the East Coast of the States, it would have been 5.48PM?

I don't think they were put back so say 6:48

So - is he fibbing about drinking beer and pizza, or is he fibbing about where he lives, and he is in fact a middle aged baldy named Derek that works in an insurance brokers and still lives in his mum's two up two down in Leighton Buzzard?

• Like 1

So - is he fibbing about drinking beer and pizza, or is he fibbing about where he lives, and he is in fact a middle aged baldy named Derek that works in an insurance brokers and still lives in his mum's two up two down in Leighton Buzzard?

Well, I hope not, id be a bit crushed

Slipping out of the other topic.... Steven Moffat.

Supporting evidence - that his immediate predecessor was not also guilty of?

UCAS, choices and that fucking personal statement

Virgin Media.

Virgin_Media.jpg
  • Like 1

Virgin Media.

Virgin_Media.jpg

don't be so quick to charge them. It's only their first time doing it.

Know I'm slow on the uptake, but what've they did wrong?

Know I'm slow on the uptake, but what've they did wrong?

1. Parked on a crossing
  2. Trapped the car in
  3. Parked round a bending fence in a way that means they'll have to reverse directly onto the road in a crossing
  4. Used the same colours as highway maintenance on the back of the van
  5. Parked on (albeit faded) double yellows
  6. Quite possibly blocked an entrance to the building in the background

Car not blocked in (indeed the car will enter the road on zigzags itself), and the double yellows are broken ie not enforceable.

I'd happily park like that to be honest.

Car not blocked in (indeed the car will enter the road on zigzags itself), and the double yellows are broken ie not enforceable.

I'd happily park like that to be honest.

The other car is badly parked but virgin media aren't exactly helping the situation.

This is the scene on Google Maps.

The council tarmacked over the grass verges to allow people to park off the main road. At the time there were plenty of available spaces and even the side street was almost empty.

This guy decided to park completely blocking the pavement and the lowered kerb at the junction.

I took the photo because as I was walking towards the front of the vehicle, a woman in a mobility scooter ahead of me had to bump down the raised kerb as the lowered part was inaccessible.

I caught up with her at the shops further up the road and noticed that the rear right tyre was flat. I would have spoken to her but a sign on the back of the seat said she was deaf.

The council tarmacked over the grass verges to allow people to park off the main road. At the time there were plenty of available spaces and even the side street was almost empty.

This guy decided to park completely blocking the pavement and the lowered kerb at the junction.

I took the photo because as I was walking towards the front of the vehicle, a woman in a mobility scooter ahead of me had to bump down the raised kerb as the lowered part was inaccessible.

I caught up with her at the shops further up the road and noticed that the rear right tyre was flat. I would have spoken to her but a sign on the back of the seat said she was deaf.

Is the house opposite still boarded up? If so why didn't the virgin media twat just park in that tarmac garden?

Is the house opposite still boarded up? If so why didn't the virgin media twat just park in that tarmac garden?

Yes but more often than not a Merc is parked there. The side street however looked like this, except there were two cars parked on the left.

I think he wanted just to park as close to the junction box as he could rather than walk a dozen metres.