Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

The interesting thing about that wiki link is the bit that lists the chart positions of her two singles around the world. She's had number ones in Thailand, Belgium, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and Singapore.

These crazy foreigners, eh? sh*t taste in music or stronger drugs than us?

Discuss.

Cheers,

BHB

I know a Slovakian living in Belgium who recently went on a conference in Singapore. Now that's just one degree of separation, assuming of course he bought thousands of copies of her single on his travels.

Richard Rorty, philosopher who furthered the cause of postmodernism. So, obviously, he'd approve of this site and his appearance on this thread.

Richard Rorty, philosopher who furthered the cause of postmodernism. So, obviously, he'd approve of this site and his appearance on this thread.

Bloody hell! First Baudrillard, now Rorty...Paul Virillio had better watch his back! ;)

Ray Mears has died...

Phew Devon! I thought he'd eaten one wild mushroom too many for a second... ;)

Guest Guest

Ray Mears has died...

That's naughty, I thought it was the real one!

Devon is doing what dave/iain used to do !

the man who led China to victory over Japan in world war 2 has died aged 103 http://www.legacy.com/Obituaries.asp?Page=...ry&Id=13032

uh, I think you'll find that at the end of the war the Japanese still occupied large parts of China, and only surrendered when America nuked 'em. Meanwhile the Russians were steaming through the Japanese forces in Manchuria. So China won the war the same way as did the Italians.

And the French.

And the Belgians.

Dave Drummond

When men were men etc etc.

Death......by Mau Mau!

(I couldn't resist it)

Don Herbert, best known as T.V.'s "Mr. Wizard" has died, aged 89, of bone cancer.

And while I can do it without post whoring, 40s and 50s film actress Mala Powers has died.

Ramchandra Ghandi, grandson of the great man. Natural causes by the look of it, bit of rarity in that clan, eh?

Sir Wally Herbert, the greatest polar explorer of our time, according to Ran Fiennes, died yesterday, aged 72.

Tommy Elder, who was the oldest living jockey to have ridden in the Grand National, has died at the age of 97. He took part in five pre-war Grand Nationals. He is survived by his girlfriend, Phyllis, aged 98.

Guest Guest

Accoeding to Wikipedia Kurt Waldheim has died . though I can't find another source other than Wikipedia ....... so it's probably false !!

If true, doesn't that make it 2 for you lot now !!!