Jump to content
Guest JamesG

48. Shane MacGowan

Recommended Posts

If you were in a wheelchair, would you not drink?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were Shane MacGowan, would you not drink?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might stick to spirits and ditch the pints tho.

 

Wouldn't want to be wheeling to the disabled toilet every ten minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some moving image: 

Pretty surprised he's still able to sing...

 

 

Deathlist-wise: it might be a close contest between him and Mark E. Smith..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting married after 32 years, shades of Ken Dodd possibly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cian said:

Getting married after 32 years, shades of Ken Dodd possibly?

 

Ken Dodd saw his 90th birthday

 

Shane will NEVER do that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 29/09/2003 at 17:33, Grim Reaper said:

Shane MacGowan does regularly come up for consideration although frankly he has astounded us with his longevity so far.

 

It does seem that he's more on the rails now than a few years ago, however it seems unlikely he's ever going to be getting a 100th birthday telegram from the Queen. :P

 

On a similar note Shawn Rider really does look rough these days - if only he were to drop dead on a Monday we'd have the perfect headline :P

 

Cheers

 

DeathList Committee

 

The first two posts in this thread are eye-opening and enlightening!!!!!!!!
EXPOSED!  Grim Reaper and I suspect a few others here ARE the DL Committee!  HAH!  
And here I thought we were all divorced from some conglomerate of folks in a high-rise rubbing diabolical hands together who post a list on January 1.

Well now, Mr. REAPER -- so when we make suggestions and they are ignored, I know who I can point to as a primary dumbass.  
SirC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

 

 

The first two posts in this thread are eye-opening and enlightening!!!!!!!!
EXPOSED!  Grim Reaper and I suspect a few others here ARE the DL Committee!  HAH!  
And here I thought we were all divorced from some conglomerate of folks in a high-rise rubbing diabolical hands together who post a list on January 1.

Well now, Mr. REAPER -- so when we make suggestions and they are ignored, I know who I can point to as a primary dumbass.  
SirC

FFS, give it a break. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

 

 

The first two posts in this thread are eye-opening and enlightening!!!!!!!!
EXPOSED!  Grim Reaper and I suspect a few others here ARE the DL Committee!  HAH!  
And here I thought we were all divorced from some conglomerate of folks in a high-rise rubbing diabolical hands together who post a list on January 1.

Well now, Mr. REAPER -- so when we make suggestions and they are ignored, I know who I can point to as a primary dumbass.  
SirC

 

I thought that was common knowledge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cian said:

Getting married after 32 years, shades of Ken Dodd possibly?

 

^_^Marriage will only kill hem on the insides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ThreeDozenEggs said:

 

^_^Marriage will only kill hem on the insides

 

"Hem"

 

Welcome back MK :D

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any particular reason he's been added this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The committee is banking on a repeat of Mark E Smith.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus, he got married very recently, and we know what happens to a lot of people after they married while very ill...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joey Russ said:

Plus, he got married very recently, and we know what happens to a lot of people after they married while very ill...

They go on honeymoon, while very ill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Plus, he got married very recently, and we know what happens to a lot of people after they married while very ill...

 

The wife insures them? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dodrade said:

Any particular reason he's been added this year?

He is a chainsmoking alcoholic who was on herein for many years.He is 61 can't walk has looked like a corpse for decades and recently married his partner of 30 odd years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

He is a chainsmoking alcoholic who was on herein for many years.He is 61 can't walk has looked like a corpse for decades and recently married his partner of 30 odd years.

 

This has the feel of the Monty Pythons about it!

 

"but apart from...is there any particular reason he's been added this year?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sean said:

He is a chainsmoking alcoholic who was on herein for many years.He is 61 can't walk has looked like a corpse for decades and recently married his partner of 30 odd years.

 

 

She wrote a book called A Drink with Shane MacGowan which confirms they have been odd years

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, QTips said:

 

This has the feel of the Monty Pythons about it!

 

"but apart from...is there any particular reason he's been added this year?"

 

Then how come he's only being added now? He's always looked dreadful but presumably there's some reason the committee put him on the list for the first time this year when they've always held back beforehand? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use