Jump to content
Death Star

2. Kirk Douglas

Recommended Posts

RIP, Kirk. Loved him in "The Big Carnival", "Ulysses" & "The Vikings" & I will never forget his death by rattlesnake in "There was a crooked man". 

 

Great news for Deathlist too. And it came right after the unforeseen announcements of Rush Limbaugh's and Bernie Madoff's imminent demise.  

 

What an exciting year! Celebrities will go down like ninepins. :crossbone:

 

Olivia's next. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I didn't expect to see this news after all these years ! Was convinced he would cling on for another couple of years .Biggest death for us since Clive Dunn surely ! Deathlist has become a piece of cheese because it's on a roll ! Could this be the best February ever for hits? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carked Douglas.

 

This feels so strange. Kirk was like the old piece of furniture that stayed in the room year after year, while most of the others were broken and replaced. And now it's gone too....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, the bane of the Death List gone.... RIP...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, two deaths in two days... maybe we're on a roll!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Well I didn't expect to see this news after all these years ! Was convinced he would cling on for another couple of years .Biggest death for us since Clive Dunn surely ! Deathlist has become a piece of cheese because it's on a roll ! Could this be the best February ever for hits? 

Nope biggest Deathlist hit since Zsa Zsa and Ronnie Biggs .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Nope biggest Deathlist hit since Zsa Zsa and Ronnie Biggs .

Agree Kirk was like Zsa Zsa to us long term Deathlisters. Hes just been here for that long. 

 

Sad day....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who will care for his widow, Anne, now that he's gone?

Michael is not her biological son, and I remember that the relationship with his father was tense for many years, because Kirk left his first wife when Michael & his brother  were just 6 & 4 years old. Will he feel obliged to care for his stepmother?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Who will care for his widow, Anne, now that he's gone?

Michael is not her biological son, and I remember that the relationship with his father was tense for many years, because Kirk left his first wife when Michael & his brother  were just 6 & 4 years old. Will he feel obliged to care for his stepmother?

 

k8AR3ns2qfwl2.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Who will care for his widow, Anne, now that he's gone?

Michael is not her biological son, and I remember that the relationship with his father was tense for many years, because Kirk left his first wife when Michael & his brother  were just 6 & 4 years old. Will he feel obliged to care for his stepmother?

 

I expect there'll be funds in the estate to pay for whichever carers are currently looking after her, for the short span of time remaining (she's been looking more frail even than Kirk for a while now). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, how could that happen?

Death of a DL legend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Greenwald said:

I disagree, Stan Lee kept himself in the spotlight through cameos in Marvel movies and shows like the Big Bang Theory. He was a known name in pop culture by almost all of millennials and Gen Z, you can't say the same for Douglas. 

He was massive in his day but knowledge of his work among younger audiences is lacking.

Well, about that millennials and Gen Z part, I think that's why there have been more memes about Stan Lee on social media than other elderly celebrities. Anyway, this marks the end of an era for the DeathList community.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a moral victory for DeathList.
Leaning on a guy for 18 years is what I call cyber squatting.
Anything over 7 appearances is simply cowardice in the selection process.
Let's see some skillful selections.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

103 years old has to be a record for a male celebrity, certainly for someone of this stature.  Oh and 103 is a good number, as you can tell I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew iiiiit :banghead: I felt it for days and told you on the 3rd hit poll ! I feel a bit strange now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got some attention on reddit because of this hit. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike said:

We got some attention on reddit because of this hit. 

 

 

"Look at us on the front page of the internet"

"Who would've thought?"

"Not me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Greenwald said:

"Look at us on the front page of the internet"

"Who would've thought?"

"Not me."

 

They find interest in the Committees labeling. 

 

 
edit (linking single posts from reddit sucks ass)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spartacuscross.jpg

 

Being crucified this morning over Natalie Wood who according to 5 live is trending ahead of Kirk himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking hell he actually died! RIP to one of Deathlist's most memorable names with 18 appearances!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Brain said:

This is not a moral victory for DeathList.
Leaning on a guy for 18 years is what I call cyber squatting.
Anything over 7 appearances is simply cowardice in the selection process.
Let's see some skillful selections.

 

ooh-burn-meme.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use