Anubis the Jackal

Death By Jazz

'Father of Australian jazz' Graeme Bell dies aged 97.

• Like 1

'Father of Australian jazz' Graeme Bell dies aged 97.

I should have know better than to listen to that tune. The good ones are supposed to die young.

Nothing wrong with jazz, I must have spent years listening to it, but that style isn't my thing.

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

I should have know better than to listen to that tune. The good ones are supposed to die young.

Nothing wrong with jazz, I must have spent years listening to it, but that style isn't my thing.

regards,

Hein

Spookily Margie Hyams has died http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margie_Hyams , an American Jazz type woman. Almost the same name :hatsoff:

I truly enjoyed listening to the instrumental part in one of the songs but as a vocalist he is horrendous. What frame of mind the listener must be in .. I cannot envision it.

Andy Hamilton finally got his moment on Final Word, Radio Four today, they didn't spend much time he'd already been dead for a month!

Andy Hamilton finally got his moment on Final Word, Radio Four today, they didn't spend much time he'd already been dead for a month!

The show is called "The Last Word" and is one of my favourite shows but it is on at really stupid times. Come on Radio 4 this could go in the comedy half hour at 6.30!

Octogenerian jazz flugelhornist, Clark Terry, was wrongly reported to be dead on Wikipedia earlier this evening. He's now officially alive again, but he did retire from public preformances earlier this year for health reasons and is known to have suffered from colon cancer and diabetes, which has caused him to lose his sight.

Clark Terry is seriously ill with heart problems. He's currently "smiling and joking with friends" in the intensive care unit of a Kansas hospital. If he happens to survive until next year, I think he would be a good inclusion for the 2009 DL.

Since the last update above, Clark Terry has had both of his legs amputated due to diabetic complications.

Flying Lotus associate Austin Peralta is dead aged 22. Being as literally nobody this side of the Atlantic (other than Giles Peterson) could possibly care about that, it's worth noting that he was also Stacy Peralta's son. No, we don't need a thread for professional skateboarders.

Could have sworn Brubeck had his own thread, can't imagine many more guys have been spoken about on here without their own specific one. Shame he turned blue (rondo) before he could make the 2013 DL.

Maybe he's just taking five?

• Like 1

Bastard! Couldn't wait four more weeks. I wanted to insert him in my inaugural top 50!

Guest Guest

Dave Brubeck should have been on the DeathList this year, as should Elizabeth Murdoch for that matter. Both would have been much better choices than Colonel Gaddafi's son.

Bastard! Couldn't wait four more weeks. I wanted to insert him in my inaugural top 50!

There's nine DDP teams cursing him for not waiting one more day. Tomorrow would have been his birthday.

Shame to hear about Brubeck. Has been quite a year for musical deaths.

• Like 1

Yet again disinvested and missed the hit.

RIP Dave Brubeck - really lovely chap - shame these wonderfull people have to leave us.

• Like 1

Great bit of punnery there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess this is the most appropriate thread for Claude Nobs. AKA "Funky Claude" as mentioned in Smoke on the Water.

Dead a few days now, link: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Claude_Nobs

Look 2 posts above yours.

Oops, I searched his name on here, came up wi nowt and posted without looking. Must've typed the name wrong.

• Like 1