Godot

Ask A Deathlister

DL related

If someone's birthday or year can't be found does that normally mean they won't obit?

That would be a good indicator but it's still possible to obit if the person comes to light very suddenly.

I'm specifically thinking of third rate/bit part actors here. Most of them seem to lack public birth year information but some of them have very long careers.

I don't think it's any indication at all.

Many people are a bit cagey about their exact age, but once they die it's out of their control. Someone has to go through all their documents, and birth certificates usually turn up.

Birth indexes include living people so it's not that hard to find info on someone if you really want

That depends.

They are not hard to find if you know their birth name, and it is not a very common one.

Also depends on where they were born, and if you have that information.

These things are not always straightforward.

I remember when the Daily Mirror found out that Doris Speed had lopped about 20 years off her age.

In 1983, the Daily Mirror published a story revealing that Speed was older than she said she was (though her birth certificate was not printed alongside the story, as is often claimed). She publicly fainted when she learned the news, while at work on Coronation Street, and was advised to go home to rest.

• Like 1

I remember when the Daily Mirror found out that Doris Speed had lopped about 20 years off her age.

In 1983, the Daily Mirror published a story revealing that Speed was older than she said she was (though her birth certificate was not printed alongside the story, as is often claimed). She publicly fainted when she learned the news, while at work on Coronation Street, and was advised to go home to rest.

The bastards brought about a premature end to her career.

I'm lying on a sun bed by the pool. The woman next to me has fallen asleep. However she undid her bra strap and now one of her puppies is staring right at me. What's the etiquette here?

I'm lying on a sun bed by the pool. The woman next to me has fallen asleep. However she undid her bra strap and now one of her puppies is staring right at me. What's the etiquette here?

nows your opportunity smother her with a towel while she sleeps and drag her dead body into your room.
  • Like 1

nows your opportunity smother her with a towel while she sleeps and drag her dead body into your room.
Ignoring your state of mind for a second,don't you think someone might notice?
  • Haha 1

Pop it back in using a warm spoon.

the_kenny_everett_television_show.jpg
  • Like 3

Take a selfie and post it here. ;-)

• Like 2

Making sure you manscape it.

Is she awake now, how did this end?

Ignoring your state of mind for a second,don't you think someone might notice?
nah just throw her body into the pool and say she drowned.

Unbelievably the woman tied up her bra but still half asleep left one breast dangling as she walked round the pool back to her apartment. There are some German children who didn't sleep last night. I was too much of a gentlepenguin to film it.

Unbelievably the woman tied up her bra but still half asleep left one breast dangling as she walked round the pool back to her apartment. There are some German children who didn't sleep last night. I was too much of a gentlepenguin to film it.

cosmo.jpg

Look but don't touch.

So it's 1996 uncle buys a bass boat and discovers he has cancer days later.

1997 my uncle dies.

Cut away two years later I get married.

Many months later my father in law mentions he wants a new bass boat for lakes.

I say I know where there's a boat that is brand new, never got in the water. We drive by and my aunt never got rid of any of his stuff. Since its part of the family she sells him the bass boat for nothing ($1500 I think)

He and I use boat a lot cuz I was the son has never had.

2008 I get divorced.

Today my ex father in law died suddenly.

How do I go about asking to purchase my uncle's old boat back from the deceased? I still talk to my ex som but not in the 'oh what are you going to do with the boat your dad bought from my dead uncle' kinda way.

Thoughts?

SirC

1997 my uncle dies.

I say I know where there's a boat that is brand new, never got in the water. We drive by and my aunt never got rid of any of his stuff. Since its part of the family she sells him the bass boat for nothing ($1500 I think)

2008 I get divorced.

How do I go about asking to purchase my uncle's old boat back from the deceased? I still talk to my ex som but not in the 'oh what are you going to do with the boat your dad bought from my dead uncle' kinda way.

Thoughts?

SirC

Bit concerned that this is what you thought about on the day he died but......

Will you go to the funeral in a supportive way to help your ex (am i right in thinking you have kids therefore this is their Grandfather so the support can extend to them) at the funeral you will have plenty of time to share you positive memories of the deceased many of which circulate around the times you spent on that boat... did he still use it......what do you think you will do with it now?........ and boat's your uncle.

ps if this doesn't work I take no responsibility what so ever.

• Like 1

1997 my uncle dies.

2008 I get divorced.

Thoughts?

SirC

Don't lose any time, because while you are waiting a decent interval before mentioning it, some less scrupulous person will have collared it.

• Like 1

1997 my uncle dies.

2008 I get divorced.

Thoughts?

SirC

He was a shark; go out and buy a bigger boat.

• Like 1

To be honest I'm not sure you deserve the boat if your first thought was about it. A bit like wondering how to get a cut of the will when someone does. Sick and self absorbed.

To be honest I'm not sure you deserve the boat if your first thought was about it. A bit like wondering how to get a cut of the will when someone does. Sick and self absorbed.

It wasn't my first thought. But thanks. Oh and I never said I deserved it. No one deserves anything from anyone when they die.

Let's be clear. Sir Creep is proposing to buy the boat. Your comments are misplaced.

• Like 1

Can you work it so that it comes across like you are doing the family a favour? Say, casually asking about the finances, offering to help, "Hey, did your dad still have that boat?", etc?

I would say just ask, but then I am a complete and total bitch who has zero social skills. However, I think I would at least wait until after the funeral.

I would say just ask, but then I am a complete and total bitch who has zero social skills. However, I think I would at least wait until after the funeral.

I would have once, but it can be a mistake. Things get given away to someone who gets in first, or even thrown away. Not that the latter applies in this case, but I think there's a good case for proceeding along the lines suggested by Biblio and msc.

• Like 1

I figure if it's gone before the funeral I probably wasn't going to get it anyway.