Godot

Ask A Deathlister

What‘s an American publication that’s comparable to the Daily Mail? In terms of similar coverage and reputation/accuracy.

• Like 1

Lol I just received a warning for an obit from today that I posted on my home Facebook deadpool - an obit (link) I copied/pasted from HERE! 
What the hell do you think it coulda been?  It was t a video (they’ll delete for copyright).  

Edit: Never mind - upon further review they took down a post from 5 months ago lol so it could have been from anywhere.

On 30/06/2023 at 13:57, HDS said:

What‘s an American publication that’s comparable to the Daily Mail? In terms of similar coverage and reputation/accuracy.

NY Post kinda.

• Thanks 1

On 04/07/2023 at 20:13, lilham said:

NY Post kinda.

Thanks. That’s a better idea than I had. Was trying to think of a comparison and can’t quite get my finger on it.

• Like 2

A friend wants to know if there's a way to put Android 13 on the Poco m3 cell phone, does anyone know?

Can anyone recommend a simple online appointments calendar?  Not a mobile app.

I used to have a really good one called Reminderfox, but it got withdrawn.  Since then I've been using Google Calendar, but I've never liked it much.

Now it's announced that all my "reminders" are going to be reclassified as "tasks" - not acceptable.  "Aunty Joan's birthday" is not a task FFS, it's a reminder.

I don't need a fancy office one or a communal family one.  All I want is a place to record appointments (eg dentist), events (eg gigs), and reminders.   Reminders being things like birthdays, when to cancel a subscription, take a meter reading etc.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

"Aunty Joan's birthday" is not a task FFS

Although I'm sure it's not just me that feels like your birthday is a fucking chore to get through once a year - buy the cakes at work, see your parents, see your kids, go out for a big meal, shag the wife (actually that's my favourite bit but it's getting harder work after a bottle of red) - it's exhausting!

PS No can't help on your actual request :-)

15 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Although I'm sure it's not just me that feels like your birthday is a fucking chore to get through once a year - buy the cakes at work, see your parents, see your kids, go out for a big meal, shag the wife (actually that's my favourite bit but it's getting harder work after a bottle of red) - it's exhausting!

Dinner, family, booze and sex, sounds awful.

Anyhow mostly everyone forgets when my birthday is and I don't tend to bring it up.

I don't need to remind myself of my own birthday :lol:

At the moment, because I have ignored the instruction to change the birthday reminders into "tasks", Google Calendar is showing them ALL on TODAY's date. Diabolical liberty.

6 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

You shouldn't let her drink it!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Toast said:

Can anyone recommend a simple online appointments calendar?  Not a mobile app.

I used to have a really good one called Reminderfox, but it got withdrawn.  Since then I've been using Google Calendar, but I've never liked it much.

Now it's announced that all my "reminders" are going to be reclassified as "tasks" - not acceptable.  "Aunty Joan's birthday" is not a task FFS, it's a reminder.

I don't need a fancy office one or a communal family one.  All I want is a place to record appointments (eg dentist), events (eg gigs), and reminders.   Reminders being things like birthdays, when to cancel a subscription, take a meter reading etc.

Anyone? Please?

On 06/09/2023 at 23:59, Toast said:

Anyone? Please?

At work, we are forced to use Google Calendar.

But DigiCal Calendar had some great widgets on Android and was a very simple calendar imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Does anyone have any idea as to when the GRO index is going to be updated for 2022?

They're already on there - if you go into 'inspect element' and change the year of death to 2022 then they'll show up. 

The index has lots of hidden features accessible with inspect element - like searching by date of birth, date of death, age at death, etc. Never understood why they actually have all this data on the website if it's hidden - presumably to get folk to spend money on actual certificates to find this data?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Surprise Demise said:

They're already on there - if you go into 'inspect element' and change the year of death to 2022 then they'll show up. 

The index has lots of hidden features accessible with inspect element - like searching by date of birth, date of death, age at death, etc. Never understood why they actually have all this data on the website if it's hidden - presumably to get folk to spend money on actual certificates to find this data?

How does one find ‘inspect element.’

Whilst I fully support the Sub-postmasters and postmistresses, does the Met Police now only investigate crimes after watching ITV dramas? 

3 hours ago, Windsor said:

Whilst I fully support the Sub-postmasters and postmistresses, does the Met Police now only investigate crimes after watching ITV dramas? 

This would have been a great post in the Coppers thread!  
So knowing nothing of this, after reading your link is the scandal that 700 postmasters somehow conspired to cheat the system (as if), or that they were wrongly sentenced etc? 

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

This would have been a great post in the Coppers thread!  
So knowing nothing of this, after reading your link is the scandal that 700 postmasters somehow conspired to cheat the system (as if), or that they were wrongly sentenced etc? 

Essentially a computer problem was registering shortfall in end of day figures in post office. When the postmasters reported faults they were told they were the only ones and they would be responsible for shortfalls.

When they repeatedly complained the auditors were called in which led to postmasters being suspended and taken to court for theft. 

It now seems likely that the Post Office knew there was an issue with their systems but prosecuted anyway, effectively defrauding postmasters of their own money.

The point of my post is this is something which has largely been known about for years yet, like with other issues, the MET police are now only investigating after presumably watching it in the television…

What happens if all 50 on the list die by the end of March? Nine months left but nothing to do. Is there a new list or does the site implode? Asking for a bored hitman friend. 

34 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

What happens if all 50 on the list die by the end of March? Nine months left but nothing to do. Is there a new list or does the site implode? Asking for a bored hitman friend. 

Considering our best result is 20/50 I think even if the committee picked 50 members on a nonagerian skydiving team there wouldn't be a full house of hits

There are also plenty of other games to keep us occupied

In addition the committee could compile a list of 100 names for the following year and then see what can be extorted from various celebrities to keep them off the next year's list

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

I made an alternate list based on this prompt:

They would need to be desperate to choose some of those names, though.

• Like 1

Two sensible replies. Shocked, but happy.

• Like 1

Would you consider it bad form to post a critical health update for a potential pick while a competition such as the Deathlist Cup is underway and one is not participating/already eliminated?

14 minutes ago, HDS said:

Would you consider it bad form to post a critical health update for a potential pick while a competition such as the Deathlist Cup is underway and one is not participating/already eliminated?

Nope.

All's fair in love and dead pooling imo.

Spill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1