Death in Vegas

Time Added

Keith Sanderson, who won the 1967 League Cup with QPR, has died following a car crash on Christmas Eve. He was 82.

As well as being a footballer, he also had a full-time job working for IBM.

• Like 1

"This morning" - oh what a giant gasp of relief...

• Like 2

Crike, that was quick!

Well first AO hit for me, that was quick, I wasn’t expecting him to go so quickly 

Danny Theis, Luxembourgish footballer, died on 12/29 at the age of 55, played 34 matches between 1991 and 1991 for the national team of that country and coached the under 19 of the same selection, died of a heart attack and complications from a fall from a bicycle.Luxembourg champion 7 times and cup 3 times

https://www.fupa.net/news/der-fussball-in-trauer-dan-theis-ist-tot-2918084

• Like 1

Vladimer Barkaia was a Georgian footballer who died on 12/30 at the age of 85, played for the Soviet national team scoring 2 goals in 2 games, Soviet league champion in 64, played for FC Dynamo Tbilisi
http://www.nplg.gov.ge/bios/en/00006941/

On 01/01/2023 at 17:31, Banana said:

I tried telling them, did they listen?

Their loss, our gain I suppose.

Sad to see him go - very quick.

On 09/01/2013 at 18:25, BadEgg said:

David Gold the West Ham Chairman in hospital with pneumonia,only a matter of time??? Pneumonia done my grandparents one after the other, just months apart,I think it did Jeremy Beadle,all I know is if you're over 50 and you get that you may as well go down the Co-Op and start booking your funeral

A “matter of time” and mere 10 years later, David Gold, former Chair of Birmingham City FC and since 2010 joint Chair of West Ham FC, has died aged 86.

Obituaries: Daily StarMetroBBC

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

A “matter of time” and mere 10 years later, David Gold, former Chair of Birmingham City FC and since 2010 joint Chair of West Ham FC, has died aged 86.

Obituaries: Daily StarMetroBBC

The man behind one of the all-time great tweets:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Juventus centre back Ernesto Castano dead at 83. He had a long and successful career with Juve and gained 7 caps for Italy.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, justonecornetto said:

O zagueiro Ernesto Castano, da Juventus,  morreu aos 83 anos . Ele teve uma longa e bem-sucedida carreira na Juve e somou 7 internacionalizações pela Itália.

of 23 members of the Euro 68 title (he wore shirt number 7 in the competition) he is the 11th to die

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, diego said:

of 23 members of the Euro 68 title (he wore shirt number 7 in the competition) he is the 11th to die

That compares to 12 of the Yugoslav and 16 of the English and Soviet squads at that tournament having died. 

• Like 1

Modeste M’bami, Cameroonian footballer who was on the squad which won Gold at the 2000 Olympics, has died aged 40. Played for PSG from 2003-2006 and Marseille from 2006-2009.

5 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Modeste M’bami, Cameroonian footballer who was on the squad which won Gold at the 2000 Olympics, has died aged 40.

Useful player for Marseille in the noughties. Was also on the pitch when the tragic Marc Vivien Foe died.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2022 at 12:13, drol said:

Roberto Dinamite (wiki) has been in & out of hospital recently and is suffering from cancer...

Roberto Dinamite dead at 68.

Kudos to those who picked him, I totally forgot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drol said:

Roberto Dinamite dead at 68.

Kudos to those who picked him, I totally forgot.

Being honest, I long listed him when you made that post, and then never looked at him again. :banghead:

• Like 1