maryportfuncity

Crashing Companies

On 3/14/2018 at 17:38, Joey Russ said:

Saw something that said Canadian stores will continue operating.

Well, we will see, won't we? 

On 3/7/2018 at 13:50, time said:

A new look for New Look, as fashion chain closes 60 stores, 980 jobs going.

18 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

New Look to axe 1,000 jobs and 60 stores http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43486521

New Look, Old News.

• Like 1

Or as he was known; Laz-R-Us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Now founder Charles Lazarus is dead at 94.

I'm not expecting a comeback from either him or his company.

2 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Or as he was known; Laz-R-Us

Its a magical place he's on his way there.

• Like 2

Next profits drop by 8%

The only time I go in there is during the sales- when overpriced clothing drops to the reasonable level it should be in the 1st place.

I gather Moss Bros is also in trouble. 

Did you get your new telly, Phil?

57 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

Next profits drop by 8%

The only time I go in there is during the sales- when overpriced clothing drops to the reasonable level it should be in the 1st place.

I gather Moss Bros is also in trouble. 

Not Moss Bros! Where else will I get a suit worn by 150 people before me........?!

41 minutes ago, Toast said:

Did you get your new telly, Phil?

Nope.

Saving up for a bankruptcy sale by administration of a tech company :D 

19 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Now founder Charles Lazarus is dead at 94.

I’m expecting deep discounts.  Six feet deep.

Here's a list of few companies that are struggling

2018-03-24 21.18.36.png

• Like 1

Now real fears House of Fraser will go- trying to borrow an emergency £40 million.

If they so that’ll be the end of Dingles in Plymouth part of the City for 169 years. Biggest department store here- but just full of consessions.

Debenhams next????

Which makes me realise that at a time when one big high street name after another is failing being called Next is not ideal.

• Haha 1

Add Remington to the list:

Remington, a company that began making flintlock rifles when there were only 19 United States, has filed for bankruptcy protection.  Mounting debts at the arms manufacturer have snowballed.  Panic sales that drove revenue for gun makers ever higher evaporated with Trump's arrival in the White House, and Remington's production of one of the most well-known weapons in the world, the Bushmaster AR-15, have overwhelmed the Madison, North Carolina, company.  

Late Sunday, according to records from the bankruptcy court of the district of Delaware, Remington Outdoor Co. agreed to a prepackaged deal that would give holders of the company's $550 million term loan an 82.5 percent stake, according to a release.  It remains unclear what will happen to the 3,500 or so employees at Remington as it reorganizes.
SC

Conviviality, the owners of Bargain Booze, heading for administration, with 2600 jobs at risk.

They also own Wine Rack and wholesaler Matthew Clark.

2 minutes ago, time said:

Conviviality, the owners of Bargain Booze, heading for administration, with 2600 jobs at risk.

They also own Wine Rack and wholesaler Matthew Clark.

Looks like I chose a bad week to start drinking. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paul Bearer said:

Looks like I chose a bad week to start drinking. :lol:

Wait for the closing-down sale!

This is looking worse than 2008.

I'd expect HMV to be next to join the ever growing list. They're quietly closing all their big stores . They've closed the Liverpool and Glasgow stores already in the last 4 months now Southampton.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/16072981.PHOTOS__Southampton_s_HMV_store_set_to_close_after_24_years/

11 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

This is looking worse than 2008.

I'd expect HMV to be next to join the ever growing list. They're quietly closing all their big stores . They've closed the Liverpool and Glasgow stores already in the last 4 months now Southampton.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/16072981.PHOTOS__Southampton_s_HMV_store_set_to_close_after_24_years/

The Brighton store closed at the beginning of last year, supposedly as a result of a significant rent increase. However, it reappeared in the same shopping centre (though in a less desirable location) ten months later.

Could be a similar thing for Glasgow, Liverpool & Southampton.

Thought HMV had shut already.  One in Glasgow I frequented was an empty shop last I passed by.

Of course, FOPP get rid of the independents like Lost in Music, HMV gets rid of FOPP, online sales get rid of HMV. YWillz can add Tower Records somewhere into this mix. I know FOPP rose from the dead...

Reminds me of What Everyone Wants (notes for Toast - What Every Woman Wants superstores, though they did change their name before I were born!) , which got sold to Philip Green and then shut. Now the old What Everyone Wants store on Argyle St is listed for demolition. Way of the world. Owners of the site "accidentally" let the building deteriorate.

Anyhow, the biggest loss (bar the local small cinemas) was Woolworths. It's surprisingly difficult to get stamps, writing equipment, a few assorted bits and bobs and a low quality Pick n Mix all from the same store these days. Always something missing.

Anyhow, I digress.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Thought HMV had shut already.  One in Glasgow I frequented was an empty shop last I passed by.

Of course, FOPP get rid of the independents like Lost in Music, HMV gets rid of FOPP, online sales get rid of HMV. YWillz can add Tower Records somewhere into this mix. I know FOPP rose from the dead...

Reminds me of What Everyone Wants (notes for Toast - What Every Woman Wants superstores, though they did change their name before I were born!) , which got sold to Philip Green and then shut. Now the old What Everyone Wants store on Argyle St is listed for demolition. Way of the world. Owners of the site "accidentally" let the building deteriorate.

Anyhow, the biggest loss (bar the local small cinemas) was Woolworths. It's surprisingly difficult to get stamps, writing equipment, a few assorted bits and bobs and a low quality Pick n Mix all from the same store these days. Always something missing.

Anyhow, I digress.

Move down here.

We have the glorious Trago Mills. Where you can buy a lawnmower, Russian wellies, carpet and industrial size packs of spices for next to nothing 

28 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

Move down here.

We have the glorious Trago Mills. Where you can buy a lawnmower, Russian wellies, carpet and industrial size packs of spices for next to nothing 

I don't think that's the pick n mix he's after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1