Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

And on an isle of man note, I see Liam Neeson and Matt Damon are to film a motorbike TT based film there.

Surprisingly, it will be called "Isle of Man".

Handy can do some Neeson research for us..

• Like 2

And on an isle of man note, I see Liam Neeson and Matt Damon are to film a motorbike TT based film there.

I'd rather research Matt Damon.

• Like 1

I'd rather research Alexander Armstrong.

FTFY :D

And it will probably be shit.

Cathay Pacific's last Boeing 747 passenger aircraft, registration B-HUJ, took her last ever flight today.

She flew from Manchester to Bruntingthorpe passing over my house at 6,000 feet and will soon be killed and cannibalised.

She flexed her wings for the first time on 14th May 1995 and operated her last ever revenue flight from Tokyo to Hong Kong on 1st October this year.

B_HUJ.jpg

• Like 1

B-HUJ...f'nar f'nar. BTW Cat how close do planes have to get before it's officially counted as an air miss? and how many have you seen?

B-HUJ...f'nar f'nar. BTW Cat how close do planes have to get before it's officially counted as an air miss? and how many have you seen?

There are minimum separation distances but they vary on the type of flight rules being followed. Two aircraft at the same height and on parallel courses that are five nautical miles apart can be considered to be safe; opposite direction traffic to each other at that distance then it’s downright bloody dangerous.
The official definition is ‘an Airprox is a situation in which, in the opinion of a pilot or air traffic services personnel, the distance between aircraft as well as their relative positions and speed have been such that the safety of the aircraft involved may have been compromised’.
The pilot and/or controller can file a report and it will be rigorously investigated.
I’ve only ever witnessed an air miss (as they were then called) once and I was in it. Me and the lads booked a Piper Aztec air-taxi in the late 70s from East Midlands to the Biggin Hill airshow. The two aircraft were at the same height and on converging courses. The rules stated that you pass with the other aircraft to your left and so we turned onto a knife-edge to the right and passed less than 200 feet behind the other plane. Whilst the manoeuvre itself was brilliant, the circumstances for doing it, wasn’t.
  • Like 3

There are minimum separation distances but they vary on the type of flight rules being followed. Two aircraft at the same height and on parallel courses that are five nautical miles apart can be considered to be safe; opposite direction traffic to each other at that distance then it’s downright bloody dangerous.
The official definition is ‘an Airprox is a situation in which, in the opinion of a pilot or air traffic services personnel, the distance between aircraft as well as their relative positions and speed have been such that the safety of the aircraft involved may have been compromised’.
The pilot and/or controller can file a report and it will be rigorously investigated.
I’ve only ever witnessed an air miss (as they were then called) once and I was in it. Me and the lads booked a Piper Aztec air-taxi in the late 70s from East Midlands to the Biggin Hill airshow. The two aircraft were at the same height and on converging courses. The rules stated that you pass with the other aircraft to your left and so we turned onto a knife-edge to the right and passed less than 200 feet behind the other plane. Whilst the manoeuvre itself was brilliant, the circumstances for doing it, wasn’t.

anorak-1_1.jpg

• Like 3

Ah, you're back.

Welcome back Deathray.

In the admittedly unlikely event I'm ever asked to write a thriller set on a plane, at least I 'll know who to turn to for research.

• Like 1

^^ 'snakes on a plane' was one of his original screenplays, but the Studio changed it from the love story that it was based on..

• Like 4

anorak-1_1.jpg

And perhaps some brown trousers to go with that?

brown-pants-just-in-case-470.jpg

• Like 4

I think some story about Joan Collins is about to emerge. Don't know what, but I've a hunch.

I think some story about Joan Collins is about to emerge. Don't know what, but I've a hunch.

crystal-ball-ss-1920.jpg

• Like 2

There is an event that I am supposed to go to tomorrow, but completely forgot until tonight, and I can't drop out. Wish me luck as I very quickly prepare for this event.

Yeh my hunch was actually way off. As you were.

Yeh my hunch was actually way off. As you were.

Yeah but you never said WHEN it will emerge so, when she does cark it, you can lead that thread/post back to your post and boast of being a smart A R S E. :D

• Like 2

A couple or three weeks ago I was near a bike-rack outside a supermarket. I saw a woman reverse her bike into the rack and then watched her padlock the rear wheel to the rack. I thought smart move; better to come back to a bike missing a front wheel rather than coming back to a front wheel missing a bike.

I walked past the same bike-rack today.

2016_11_18_12_12_12.jpg

The rider is obviously not as clever as the woman from the other week.

• Like 4

A couple or three weeks ago I was near a bike-rack outside a supermarket. I saw a woman reverse her bike into the rack and then watched her padlock the rear wheel to the rack. I thought smart move; better to come back to a bike missing a front wheel rather than coming back to a front wheel missing a bike.

I walked past the same bike-rack today.

2016_11_18_12_12_12.jpg

The rider is obviously not as clever as the woman from the other week.

With respect, a determined bike thief could just leave the rear wheel, although it might involve a bit of repair work once he gets it home. Parking your bike up by the front wheel in the manner showing above though is stupid. As are those bike racks, personally only ever tie mine to the ones below, or a nearby fence post.

prodotti-76006-rel593fa171bbee4210919f2b

I would've taken the rack....

With the bikes :)

People who cycle are statistically more likely to eat carrots and celery.

The defence rests.

• Like 1

I can post a picture of my bike rack if you like.

• Like 7

I can post a picture of my bike rack if you like.

Isn't that sort of talk what caused the Insecure Canadian to do one?

(Plus we're taking bicycles, not motorbikes. Or Quads).

• Like 3