Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

I think this is giving Blair more credit than he is due.

Brown is getting the blame for Blair's mess (yes I know Brown was chancellor).

It is like the Great Depression. It happened in the Hoover Presidency so the blame tends to stick with him. In reality it was more down to predecessors Harding and Coolidge for failing to see the warning signs.

Blair was beginning to lose his grip when he was still in power. Lets not forget that the Scottish Parliament fell into the hands of the SNP when he was still in office. Blair got out at the right time, and Brown took over at a less favourable time.

I think what Brown needs is a decent Alistair Campbell. Tony Blair would have spun his way out of the 10p tax rate in a jiffy. Not Brown.

As for the problem with New Labour, they have too many professional politicians. They haven't had much experience of the real world.

• Like 1

Well I will break ranks here, I have to be the only person on this forum who is like a dog with two d***s having witnessed the collapse of one of the most decrepid, corrupt, grubby Political parties for, well at least, 10 years.

I am sick to my guts of slogging my arse off to hand over, on a monthly basis, a huge wodge of my hard earned so that those tossers could take on another NHS Penpusher or ensure that a chief executive of a local authority doesnt feel too much hardship on £250.000 a year.

Ive been robbed blind, good and proper. Car tax, Green tax, stealth tax, you name it, im paying it.

Ive now got Chocolate Police officers ( or should that be community support officers) on £16 grand moving on the ever growing number of vagrants in my town. Not bad for the dosh ( my f*****g Dosh, eh!! :) )

A work collegue has recently been threatened by a Council snoop that he was recycling into his bin "The wrong type of plastic" and the country, despite having been told what a clever and prudent Chancellor we had, is in f*****g meltdown.

We now have the scenario of a semi albino lothario Etonian taking the reins in London and being slagged off for it.

Red Ken was a newt loving, shag it if it moves, car hating, English hating twunt.

B******s! :(

I know absolutely nothing about politics. But I like Boris, he seems like jolly good fun. And I always have a good chortle watching him on Have I Got News For You. There, that's my absolutely-useless tuppence worth.

Well I will break ranks here, I have to be the only person on this forum who is like a dog with two d***s having witnessed the collapse of one of the most decrepid, corrupt, grubby Political parties for, well at least, 10 years.

I am sick to my guts of slogging my arse off to hand over, on a monthly basis, a huge wodge of my hard earned so that those tossers could take on another NHS Penpusher or ensure that a chief executive of a local authority doesnt feel too much hardship on £250.000 a year.

Ive been robbed blind, good and proper. Car tax, Green tax, stealth tax, you name it, im paying it.

Ive now got Chocolate Police officers ( or should that be community support officers) on £16 grand moving on the ever growing number of vagrants in my town. Not bad for the dosh ( my f*****g Dosh, eh!! :angry: )

A work collegue has recently been threatened by a Council snoop that he was recycling into his bin "The wrong type of plastic" and the country, despite having been told what a clever and prudent Chancellor we had, is in f*****g meltdown.

We now have the scenario of a semi albino lothario Etonian taking the reins in London and being slagged off for it.

Red Ken was a newt loving, shag it if it moves, car hating, English hating twunt.

B******s! :angry:

Don't be shy Nelly, say what you think.

I know absolutely nothing about politics. But I like Boris, he seems like jolly good fun. And I always have a good chortle watching him on Have I Got News For You. There, that's my absolutely-useless tuppence worth.

This would be the same show where Boris admitted that the one time he tried to snort cocaine, he sneezed.

Can't even do that properly...

It looks like Cameron's ploy to get Johnson out of the way has badly back fired. Fortunately there isn't too much to balls up in the Mayor's job and a lot of it is PR where Johnson generally excels except when he doesn't which is frequently. Anyone who can run London within his administration will probably do quite well if Johnson can resist the urge to meddle. He has the kind of personality that moves from interest to interest like a kid with new toys. Sooner or later London will get chucked out of the box as Johnson, like Mr Toad, sees the next new thing - poop poop!

The Johnsons are a strange family - quirky and likeable - but none of them should be allowed anywhere near the levers of power. Most worryingly Boris has an unerring ability to pull the wrong one that will send London down the branch line to Beachy Head. On the plus side we'll be laughing all the way to the edge.

Fortunately there isn't too much to balls up in the Mayor's job and a lot of it is PR where Johnson generally excels except when he doesn't which is frequently.

I agree, Godot. Like Newtie-Boy, Doris will have a team of advisors to stop him drifting into the realms of fantasy. It should be a painless ride for Doris IF she can just read out carefully-prepared scripts.....hang on a minute...she couldn't do that on HIGNFY when she wasn't under pressure - doh! We're all doomed!

So near and yet so far.........

The editing on the video as being shown on Yahoo (sorry, no proper link yet) is a bit crude. Obviously Boris was nearby, but they're trying to make it look as if he was standing there as the car careered towards the kerb. You don't have to look too hard to notice that one second there are people walking and cycling on the other side of the road, and the next they're all stopped to look at what happened and - hey presto - there's Bozza looking cool as a cucumber with his shiny helmet in his hand!

He's saying this reinforces the need for more cycle lanes. Hmmm, if there had been a cycle lane where those cars are parked, I wouldn't have wanted to be in it when that lorry came along! Then again, round our way cycle lane = place to park your car, so it probably wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference!

So near and yet so far.........

If Boris is a typical cyclist it show how alert he is on "our" streets....

"I did vaguely notice a rather loud crash and there was a bit of debris caused by the car catapulting through the party," he said.

"It was obvious from the noise that something had gone wrong, and when I stopped and turned I could see the debris. Thankfully, no one took a scratch."

What a complete pillock! He was probably absorbed. humming along to the Teletubbies' theme tune at the time.

Guest Ken Livingstone
Boris Johnson rescued from river. I expected better from my specially trained man eating newt, who will be returning home in disgrace having failed his mission.

Boris Johnson rescued from river. I expected better from my specially trained man eating newt, who will be returning home in disgrace having failed his mission.

To be rescued, doesn't one have to be in some degree of danger, or at least in need of assistance? Bozza could merely have stood up and walked three feet and been where he was before. Stupid Torygraph, they should stick to MP's fiddling their expenses.

To be rescued, doesn't one have to be in some degree of danger, or at least in need of assistance? Bozza could merely have stood up and walked three feet and been where he was before. Stupid Torygraph, they should stick to MP's fiddling their expenses.

I think Boris is doing great as mayor - everyone thought he wasn't up to it but he clearly is. Same with Obama - great job so far.

The trouble is the public gets used to the fact that leaders are telegraph poles, so when intelligent people actually make it to the top it takes everyone a bit by surprise and they flounder around trying to find negatives, whereas they should just enjoy the moment. I'm sure we'll be back to the telegraph poles before long.

Edit: why has DL changed the word fukcwit to telegraph pole? Most unusual.

Just while you may be mulling over possible selections for the General Election 2010 it's worth reading this as a little reminder of the people we could be tempted to vote in to office - from one who was there.

Boris was a Neanderthal clown even then. He presided over the Oxford Union with a ridiculous act of pompous colonial buffoonery. He made Brideshead Revisited look like an episode of Eastenders

And

The Tories at Oxford were generally a pretty loathsome bunch. Wearing their “Hang Nelson Mandela” badges and singing songs delighting in the adhesive nature of napalm when applied to “Arab skins”.

Lest we forget.

So this lunatic gets elected on a promise to stop Heathrow expansion at all costs.

On the day of the vote in Parliament, not only is he in Afghanistan (conveniently), he doesn't resign from the Cabinet on an issue he vehemently disagrees with Government policy saying it would achieve nothing.

Except the representation of your electorate, you buffoon.

• Like 2

Who the hell is Boris Johnson.  I can safely say no one important is named Boris in my lifetime (which began 1963 for those keeping score at home).  Boris the Spider perhaps.

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Who the hell is Boris Johnson.  I can safely say no one important is named Boris in my lifetime (which began 1963 for those keeping score at home).  Boris the Spider perhaps.

He's our equivalent of your secretary of state. Born in New York, NY as it happens.

• Like 3

Not stuck on a zip wire for nearly long enough. We need stuck on a zip wire the 'eternally version'.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

What about Boris Yeltsin and Boris Spassky?

• Like 4

And Boris Becker.

Sir Creep is talking bull as per.

• Like 2

If you want to stretch it a bit, Boris Karloff and Sir Creep shared six years on this planet.

• Like 3