Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

I was convinced he would lead the tory  party into the next general  election until this week. The atmospherics and dynamics have shifted dramatically  and he has used up an awful lot of political  capital and goodwill.

I thought the vaccine bounce and the benefit of the doubt that the voters were prepared to give the government for having to deal with such a big and unusual event as the covid pandemic made him unassailable  for the foreseeable. 

As MacMillian  said events dear boy events.  A week is a long time in politics. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You cannot compare the resignations of Wilson, Thatcher et al with Johnson.

I am trying to remember a bigger cunt than him who has occupied No10 in my lifetime and I can't.

I doubt if there has been a bigger one in a 100 years.

Anybody who currently serves under him is tarnished and the Tory backbenchers know it.

Unlike the Ex PM's you mentioned, Johnson will leave in disgrace, prematurely and with a reputation slightly worse that a sewer rat.

It's no coincidence that Truss , a decent constituency MP thrust into the limelight, has been embellishing her C.V with photo ops galore and well publicised meetings as she travels the globe.

Sunak has been conspicuous by his absence,  there have been plenty of rumours that he doesn't see eye to eye with Johnson.

I reckon those two will be angling for a leadership challenge but the mere fact that they still work under that faecal crust will, probably, rule them out.

TBF, just when you want a great leader, no fucking party can give you one.

It's pretty fucking grim.

Aye, that was my point. ;)

I know, unusually succinct for me but its Friday and I'm looking forward to a whisky!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I am trying to remember a bigger cunt than him who has occupied No10 in my lifetime and I can't.

Anybody who currently serves under him is tarnished and the Tory backbenchers know it.

Unlike the Ex PM's you mentioned, Johnson will leave in disgrace, prematurely and with a reputation slightly worse that a sewer rat.

It's no coincidence that Truss , a decent constituency MP thrust into the limelight, has been embellishing her C.V with photo ops galore and well publicised meetings as she travels the globe.

Sunak has been conspicuous by his absence,  there have been plenty of rumours that he doesn't see eye to eye with Johnson.

I reckon those two will be angling for a leadership challenge but the mere fact that they still work under that faecal crust will, probably, rule them out.

Tom Tugendhat? Jeremy  Hunt? Neither in government. 

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Aye, that was my point. ;)

I know, unusually succinct for me but its Friday and I'm looking forward to a whisky!

Nah, it's me.

I'm losing the plot.

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Every time I see the name Tugendhat I see Tugendcock.

Dunno why.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Hunt still too unpopular with the public. Tugendhat needs a cabinet role before he has a chance of being PM. 

Hot thread? This guy must be on the brink of death!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

IiRC Liz Truss had an adulterous affair Mark Field (MP for Westminster) when she was a Parliamentary candidate in Yorkshire.

I agree that all the party leaders are grim. If you pay MPs peanuts, don't be surprised if you get.....

25 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Hunt still too unpopular with the public. Tugendhat needs a cabinet role before he has a chance of being PM. 

Tugendhat is a narcissistic and bitter Europhile nonentity - the Tory version of Macron.

His political position is clearly untenable.He is probably too narcissistic to have realised it yet.

In deadpooling terms his premiership has stage 4 Pancreatic cancer.Could be this week this year next year or the year after but the fact remains his premiership is on borrowed time.

People won't forget or ever let this go.Either his party will do a Thatcher on him or video or photo footage will emerge proving he is a liar.Either way there is no way out for him.The fact he is alleged to have been at one of the three parties being investigated out of a possible 7 and he is standing by his communications director who was not only at a party but gave out awards.

The remainers hate him the left hate him many of his backbenchers hate him the press have turned on him largely and quite a few of his voters if polls are to be believed have turned against him.He is royally fucked.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Banana said:

Hot thread? This guy must be on the brink of death!

Nope just his career.

This is shaping up to be the British equivalent of Watergate.At least Nixon went out  for attempting to bug his opponents not having a Christmas party:party:

Correction several Xmas parties.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I'm not so sure. Blair never held a cabinet posibefore being elected Prime minister with a huge majority. 

13 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm not so sure. Blair never held a cabinet posibefore being elected Prime minister with a huge majority. 

He was in the shadow cabinet which is next nearest thing. 

It’s a good job Carrie didn’t give birth at number 10 as Boris would have no idea about it and deny it happened!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, msc said:

I was just thinking how rare it was to see this forums many diverse political wings nearly all united in disdain and dislike for one guy. A Christmas miracle! :D

I voted Tory in 2019 and I now am full of disdain and dislike of the fat oaf.

When seeminy the whole country is united in visceral hatred of you there isn't really anywhere left to go apart from choosing too spend more time with your family.

• Like 2

And Blowjo is spoilt for choice over which family to spend more time with:P

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

And Blowjo is spoilt for choice over which family to spend more time with:P

it's a no-brainer as - from what I gathered from Sunday newspaper reports earlier this year - there are kids from his second marriage who barely speak to him and his ex-missus (a serious lawyer) did a proper number on him in court by way of snagging a chunk of the hefty post prime ministerial earnings he hopes to trouser (assuming he keep his kecks on, that is). 

Is it just me  or have the press missed a sizeable issue re that party a year back. It was wall-to-wall with the underpaid aids and the like, right? The ones who don't earn that much and are reliant on public transport to get to and from work and likely travel some considerable distance to and from work - i.e. the people most likely to turn the event into a super-spreader if anyone there had been infectious were the core of the party crowd. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

it's a no-brainer as - from what I gathered from Sunday newspaper reports earlier this year - there are kids from his second marriage who barely speak to him and his ex-missus (a serious lawyer) did a proper number on him in court by way of snagging a chunk of the hefty post prime ministerial earnings he hopes to trouser (assuming he keep his kecks on, that is). 

Is it just me  or have the press missed a sizeable issue re that party a year back. It was wall-to-wall with the underpaid aids and the like, right? The ones who don't earn that much and are reliant on public transport to get to and from work and likely travel some considerable distance to and from work - i.e. the people most likely to turn the event into a super-spreader if anyone there had been infectious were the core of the party crowd. 

Wait till Carrie realises she married  Bozo & turns on him,  it'll be a bloodbath.

carrie-blood.gif

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Sean said:

I voted Tory in 2019 and I now am full of disdain and dislike of the fat oaf.

When seeminy the whole country is united in visceral hatred of you there isn't really anywhere left to go apart from choosing too spend more time with your family.

Aye, and there's still winter for him to get even more popular. Theresa May was fecked for nearly a year and they couldn't shift her.

Anyhow, I can confirm that whisky is great, and Boris Johnson is still a cunt. As you were.

• Like 2

I'm not convinced his premiership is in imminent danger of being terminal. I wish I was. But the past 5 years have taught me the British people have a remarkable ability to look the other way when faced with truths they don't find palatable and Boris Johnson has more political lives than the Cheshire Cat. All the whispers I've seen are that the bulk of the parliamentary party believe its the No. 10 Machine that's the problem, not Boris. Expect another bonfire of the vanities shortly, a more contrite Boris in the New Year (he might even comb his hair) and an attempt to regain the initiative.

Things that could derail that are: shock by-election defeats, concrete proof (that is comprehensible to Joe Public) that he lied (there's already proof he lied about the refurbishment loan, but nobody cares/understands!) or the Covid situation significantly deteriorating, with a third significant wave of hospitalisations and deaths and a fourth lockdown. All of those are possible, perhaps even likely in some cases, but I'm not writing his obituary yet - I've made that mistake too many times before by this stage.

A poll yesterday shows the majority of the Tory Party Members want Boris to stay. If they turn on him it would be much nearer to being over for him  but until then he will probably cling on.