Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Anyone else think Boris could be toast by the end of the year?This scandal won't go away I reckon.

Which scandal? The "Covid Christmas parties that didn't happen" scandal? The "Changing the rules on MPs' lobbying cos our mate got caught" scandal? Or the "Lying about not knowing who paid for my flat refurb" scandal? Or the inevitable next one? Fucking shameless, he is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

He could be Lord Fellatio Nelson possibly, but toast, no I don't think so.

EDIT: A strange choice for my 3,000th post.

Not me.

I'd say YW is more likely, the wanker never stops talking about him.

20 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I think Boris will carry on, short of something absolutely disastrous happening. There's nobody capable of unseating him who wants to be PM at the moment.

Ruth Davidson.

She expressed no interest previously but her child is older, she is in a stable relationship and the call from her party to save them may be too much to turn down.

She is good enough to win the next election, that is all the Tory back benchers need to see.

28 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I think Boris will carry on, short of something absolutely disastrous happening. There's nobody capable of unseating him who wants to be PM at the moment.

Sunak before the end of the financial year. 

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Which scandal? The "Covid Christmas parties that didn't happen" scandal? The "Changing the rules on MPs' lobbying cos our mate got caught" scandal? Or the "Lying about not knowing who paid for my flat refurb" scandal? Or the inevitable next one? Fucking shameless, he is.

If he ever got exposed for cheating on Carrie I think that might finish him as PM.

30 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Sunak before the end of the financial year. 

Liz Truss would quite possibly beat him with Tory members if she made the ballot. 

31 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ruth Davidson.

She expressed no interest previously but her child is older, she is in a stable relationship and the call from her party to save them may be too much to turn down.

She is good enough to win the next election, that is all the Tory back benchers need to see.

Wishful thinking that ignores reality.

IIRC only Westminster MPs can become PM under the Conservative Party constitution so Baroness Davidson could not stand.

The Tory party members have the final say. They vote to decide which of the two candidates, chosen by Conservative MPs, becomes leader.

5 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Wishful thinking that ignores reality.

IIRC only Westminster MPs can become PM under the Conservative Party constitution so Baroness Davidson could not stand.

The Tory party members have the final say. They vote to decide which of the two candidates, chosen by Conservative MPs, becomes leader.

So they put her into a safe seat. 

They only thing stopping her from challenging for the leadership is her own reluctance to be a Prime Minister.

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Liz Truss would quite possibly beat him with Tory members if she made the ballot. 

Spare me. Hands down with the Sunak money is all lobby. 

2 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

His head of communications was at the 18th December and gave out awards.

7 parties now being reported.

• Like 1

Looking forward to Question Time tonight.Havent watched it in a couple of years but can't miss it tonight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TQR said:

The more cunty you are, the more you get talked about. The way to stop the media obsessing over him is to get rid of him, which’ll come one way or another before too long. I’m looking forward to it too.

The saddest bit of "every 5 years unless the PM calls one" - he ain't going until he has to with that majority.

40 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

The saddest bit of "every 5 years unless the PM calls one" - he ain't going until he has to with that majority.

Well, the Tories aren’t going until they have to. Could well be PM Truss or Sunak by then. Blech.

I reckon the cunts are that deluded they think of Sunak as some kind of “man of the people” figure 

FGK2XcCWUAg3hNY?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, TQR said:

Well, the Tories aren’t going until they have to. Could well be PM Truss or Sunak by then. Blech.

I reckon the cunts are that deluded they think of Sunak as some kind of “man of the people” figure 

Bottom line - the party are brutal in deposing leaders they think can't win an election and they've got to get the newbie in with enough time to set out a stall for the next election, and use the excuse that all the trouble is down to Bojo. He'll likely stagger into 2022 as PM, but he'll be gone in several weeks/a few months.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Bottom line - the party are brutal in deposing leaders they think can't win an election and they've got to get the newbie in with enough time to set out a stall for the next election, and use the excuse that all the trouble is down to Bojo. He'll likely stagger into 2022 as PM, but he'll be gone in several weeks/a few months.

The issue is can another leader win? Sunak and Truss are both economically more right wing and that might not go down well in the red wall seats. So they have to win solely on the culture war and that is always risky as that can be unpredictable in terms of its success. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yep. This is how I see it going.

Johnson will be turfed out by a pro-Sunak cabal around February ‘22. Prime Minister Sunak will enjoy being a shiny new face for the press to coo over but nothing will change, public confidence won’t recover and we’ll have a hung parliament in the election that’ll happen near Christmas in ‘23, held a few months early because it’ll be heralded as the first Christmas without any rona restrictions (which the deluded bunch of Tory fuckers will claim as a success). Starmer will refuse to coalesce with other parties for a progressive alliance govt, he’ll be fucked out of there quicker than you can sing “Woahhh Je-re-my Corrrrrr-byn” and the PM/Labour leader will be selected by the cunts at the SNP, obviously subject to agreeing Indyref 2. That’ll be a ‘no’ again. Meanwhile, the Labour PM will lose the confidence of Labour members within a year or so, a new one will be selected (I’m thinking maybe Rebecca Wrong-Daily or similar) and, crumbling under the pressure of a coalition that’s breaking up thanks to the aforementioned angry nationalist fuckers, we’ll have another GE in 2025. We’ll all do our best Brenda from Bristol impressions and it’ll be ANOTHER hung parliament. As a result of being caught in this infinite loop of misery caused by a heady cocktail of crippling, lasting Tory & Brexit damage, a fragmented Labour leadership and a deeply unintelligent electorate, half the population will decide the most blissful option would be to kill themselves, the other half will make rafts out of their cadavers and row either to a tax haven or to New Zealand, depending on how they voted. Apart, of course, from crackhead Gove and his new, recently-widowed partner-to-hide-the-homosexuality Carrie and her two young, stuttering, messy-haired kids. They’ll stay put and reign supreme on whatever is left of this putrid little piece of Atlantic flotsam.

Put a fiver on it.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, TQR said:

Yep. This is how I see it going.

Johnson will be turfed out by a pro-Sunak cabal around February ‘22. Prime Minister Sunak will enjoy being a shiny new face for the press to coo over but nothing will change, public confidence won’t recover and we’ll have a hung parliament in the election that’ll happen near Christmas in ‘23, held a few months early because it’ll be heralded as the first Christmas without any rona restrictions (which the deluded bunch of Tory fuckers will claim as a success). Starmer will refuse to coalesce with other parties for a progressive alliance govt, he’ll be fucked out of there quicker than you can sing “Woahhh Je-re-my Corrrrrr-byn” and the PM/Labour leader will be selected by the cunts at the SNP, obviously subject to agreeing Indyref 2. That’ll be a ‘no’ again. Meanwhile, the Labour PM will lose the confidence of Labour members within a year or so, a new one will be selected (I’m thinking maybe Rebecca Wrong-Daily or similar) and, crumbling under the pressure of a coalition that’s breaking up thanks to the aforementioned angry nationalist fuckers, we’ll have another GE in 2025. We’ll all do our best Brenda from Bristol impressions and it’ll be ANOTHER hung parliament. As a result of being caught in this infinite loop of misery caused by a heady cocktail of crippling, lasting Tory & Brexit damage, a fragmented Labour leadership and a deeply unintelligent electorate, half the population will decide the most blissful option would be to kill themselves, the other half will make rafts out of their cadavers and row either to a tax haven or to New Zealand, depending on how they voted. Apart, of course, from crackhead Gove and his new, recently-widowed partner-to-hide-the-homosexuality Carrie and her two young, stuttering, messy-haired kids. They’ll stay put and reign supreme on whatever is left of this putrid little piece of Atlantic flotsam.

Put a fiver on it.

Can’t see someone from the left getting on a Labour leadership ballot. 

• Facepalm 1

Recently overheard from a Downing Street window.

”I’m a celebrity get me out of here”

Buffoon Outlasted Residency In Safety.

Job Open, Honestly No Serious Objections Now.

8 hours ago, Sean said:

His head of communications was at the 18th December and gave out awards.

7 parties now being reported.

If it came out that Boris himself was at one, that might do it. But I was thinking of some actual policy disaster along the lines of the three-day week.

If the Conservatives lose the North Shropshire By-Election there will be a lot of jittery Conservative MPs who are sitting on slender majorities who feel that the more they are whipped into clearly appalling decisions (which are often U-turned on later) will be building up ammunition for their electoral enemies whenever the election is called.

North Shropshire should be a safe leave voting seat so its loss will be huge.

Next Friday could be a crunch day

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

If the Conservatives lose the North Shropshire By-Election there will be a lot of jittery Conservative MPs who are sitting on slender majorities who feel that the more they are whipped into clearly appalling decisions (which are often U-turned on later) will be building up ammunition for their electoral enemies whenever the election is called.

Boris is helped by the fact Parliament breaks for Christmas on Thursday and therefore by next Friday Tory Mp’s will scattered all over the country rather than all being together in the tea room plotting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I will be blunt. If they lose North Shropshire they are losing the next election. It's too big a swing needed, and there is no good news on the horizon, just winter, more covid and various own goals that linger in the press for weeks. 

I don't think they are going to lose North Shropshire, but yeah, when the public go fuck off to a government it can be sudden and painful but it never reverses, and this lot are on thin ice at the moment.

(Also, I do note the sudden jump in Labour polling as soon as Starmer decided to, you know, do some opposing. If that doesn't teach them a lesson, nowt will!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I will be blunt. If they lose North Shropshire they are losing the next election. It's too big a swing needed, and there is no good news on the horizon, just winter, more covid and various own goals that linger in the press for weeks. 

I don't think they are going to lose North Shropshire, but yeah, when the public go fuck off to a government it can be sudden and painful but it never reverses, and this lot are on thin ice at the moment.

(Also, I do note the sudden jump in Labour polling as soon as Starmer decided to, you know, do some opposing. If that doesn't teach them a lesson, nowt will!)

Maybe. Through in a by - election people are not voting on who the next government will be. And because Labour will need a even bigger poll lead to be able to govern without some form of cooperation with the SNP a repeat of the 2015 arguments could be a major factor come Election Day which is not a factor atm. 

• Like 1