Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Worth noting how many gaps there were in the Tory backbenches for PMQs. If they lose the Old Bexley and Sidcup by-election he's gone right?

We live in hope.

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This is a tough one. We could still be three years out from  a general election and they might want to see whether they can weather the storm.  It then comes down to factions.

He is never going to lose a vote of no confidence in the commons so he will have to be ousted by internal Tory machinations. He is in a pincer movement of potential enemies. There are the residual one nation and old school Tories who will bemoan the state of Brexit and Tax rises and then there are the ERG types who are probably livid that they are going to take their snouts out of the consultancy trough. 

I think it is the later group who are more likely to write to the Chairman of the 1922 committee and would the two factions come together to get rid of Johnson when they would have wildly different opinions about who should replace him.

Because Johnson supported Brexit to basically further his career he is not committed to the ideology of Brexit and so he can probably reach across better to the one nation Tories than someone like Gove.

From the countries point of view getting rid of Johnson is just rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. To get rid of the stink of corruption the whole Government needs to go

The Tories are very good at getting shot of leaders who become liabilities.

The moment they realise that they COULD lose the next election, despite how utterly shit the opposition is, they will look to have a replacement in ASAP.

The stink of corruption is in every pore of politics.

The only difference is that the Tories are blatantly corrupt because they see themselves as invincible.

I don't trust any of the bastards, red, blue, green, yellow, none of em!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The moment they realise that they COULD lose the next election, despite how utterly shit the opposition is, they will look to have a replacement in ASAP.

The only difference is that the Tories are blatantly corrupt because they see themselves as invincible.

When I lived in Aberdeen, there was an old guy in a cowboy hat (somewhat of a well known vagrant around those parts) who used to drink at my local. He used to sit at the bar all day and grumble things into his pint about politics, like "I don't trust any of the bastards", and "see me, I'm a fucking mercenary". 

Where were you in 2012? *shifty eyes*

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

When I lived in Aberdeen, there was an old guy in a cowboy hat (somewhat of a well known vagrant around those parts) who used to drink at my local. He used to sit at the bar all day and grumble things into his pint about politics, like "I don't trust any of the bastards", and "see me, I'm a fucking mercenary". 

Where were you in 2012? *shifty eyes*

Not in Aberdeen.:D

33 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

All very true. There's a book called Toxic Sludge is Good for You which chronicles the collusion between big business, PR and American politics with regard to the lies we're spun and the motives behind them. Even that book, published earlier this century, cites the Conservative Party in the UK as the most effective election winning machine in western democracy. All of which is partly down to the way the vested interests cynically oust the leaders who can't win. May's entire premiership was blighted by regular leaks about how many no confidence letters were sitting with the 1922 committee. From the first mumbling of "Dismal Duncan Smith" you knew he was toast. I suspect Johnson's fall will be rapid and massive because once he loses the ability to influence the lives of those supporting him they're likely to turn and cash in with stories of his wrongdoings. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

From the first mumbling of "Dismal Duncan Smith" you knew he was toast.

That is not true.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

That is not true.

Sorry if I offended yers but I said "toast" (slang for dead), not Toast (upper case for DL legend, or summat) :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So we are being told he is not unwell after Pepper Pig world speech. 

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Apparently he's Tigger.

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Ouink! Ouink!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Pepper Pig??????

Is that where you think peppered pork chops come from?;)

image.png.1eaf08b14a29cf12ebcc87a75ee147a8.png

Peppa Pig always makes me think of a cock and ballsack.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

image.png.1eaf08b14a29cf12ebcc87a75ee147a8.png

Peppa Pig always makes me think of a cock and ballsack.

Rather like the PM then. :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Rather like the PM then. :rolleyes:

l set it up, you knock it in :D

• Haha 1

Boris announces a legitimate child this time.

But in light of recent lies......can we trust this announcement? What if it is the spawn of Satan, which shall swallow the Earth in an apocalyptic revelation scenario? Or a new Boris variant? :lol:

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

But in light of recent lies......can we trust this announcement? What if it is the spawn of Satan, which shall swallow the Earth in an apocalyptic revelation scenario? Or a new Boris variant? :lol:

If she had swallowed his earth then he would not have to admit the kid. 

• Haha 1

Shades of Mary of Modena and the bedpan, surely?

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Honestly starting to think you have a thing for him. You bump this thread every time there’s a non-health related story about him.

”Man becomes father” isn’t news. I’m so bloody bored of the media obsessing over him. Then I go on Twitter and hear it all again. Then I come on here and get it all a third time from you Willz!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Honestly starting to think you have a thing for him. You bump this thread every time there’s a non-health related story about him.

”Man becomes father” isn’t news. I’m so bloody bored of the media obsessing over him. Then I go on Twitter and hear it all again. Then I come on here and get it all a third time from you Willz!

Ah a thread and my flippancy again! :lol: Obvs not being serious - we need a Colbert type YouTube channel for the UK to let it all out.

Only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. I'm sure the subject of this thread would appreciate the quote. ;)

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I’m so bloody bored of the media obsessing over him.

The more cunty you are, the more you get talked about. The way to stop the media obsessing over him is to get rid of him, which’ll come one way or another before too long. I’m looking forward to it too.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TQR said:

The more cunty you are, the more you get talked about. The way to stop the media obsessing over him is to get rid of him, which’ll come one way or another before too long. I’m looking forward to it too.

Can't come soon enough. I hope he takes the rest of the shower of shit with him when he goes. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, time said:

Can't come soon enough. I hope he takes the rest of the shower of shit with him when he goes. 

Very true. Just fucking Johnson off won’t do; don’t know about you but I find the idea of a govt led by Raab C Fuckwit just as desperately unpalatable as this one.

• Like 3

Anyone else think Boris could be toast by the end of the year?This scandal won't go away I reckon.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Anyone else think Boris could be toast by the end of the year? This scandal won't go away I reckon.

He could be Lord Fellatio Nelson possibly, but toast, no I don't think so.

EDIT: A strange choice for my 3,000th post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8