Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

23 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Not before the next General Election in my opinion. 

Probably not. But a disastrous successor, an election defeat, and a lack of new options could all work for him.

• Haha 1

Would be quite funny to have a Conservative MP in Blairs seat, a SNP MP in Browns seat and a Labour MP in Johnsons seat.

On 26/07/2022 at 22:51, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Probably not. But a disastrous successor, an election defeat, and a lack of new options could all work for him.

Yeah, but...

However popular he is in certain sections of the party, he's toxic to huge swathes of the country, including people who make a point of using their votes. 

Bring it on.

• Like 2

Nadine Dorries tweeted this earlier. Just thought I'd share. That's Frankie Howerd bottom left, innit?

1_MAP_CHP_310722Boris_4196Boris.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Nadine Dorries tweeted this earlier. Just thought I'd share. That's Frankie Howerd bottom left, innit?

Not brilliant form is it, posting an image like this less than a year after her colleague David Amess was filleted on the streets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Very tasteful, seeing as one of their MPs was stabbed to death in real life less than a year ago.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I don't think it is malicious just infantile and crass just like Nadine

• Like 2

Nadine  Dorries is not being helpful to Liz Truss and is not an asset to her and her campaign. 

I don't think in the event of a Liz Truss win that Nadine will be in the cabinet. 

6 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Nadine  Dorries is not being helpful to Liz Truss and is not an asset to her and her campaign. 

I don't think in the event of a Liz Truss win that Nadine will be in the cabinet. 

One of the biggest advantages of getting rid of Boris Johnson was that hopefully his cabinet of none of the talents would go with him. Dorries, Rees-Mogg and Patel chief amongst them. However I think Liz Truss will keep a lot of the same names. Has Tugendhat made a play for Foreign secretary?

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

One of the biggest advantages of getting rid of Boris Johnson was that hopefully his cabinet of none of the talents would go with him. Dorries, Rees-Mogg and Patel chief amongst them. However I think Liz Truss will keep a lot of the same names. Has Tugendhat made a play for Foreign secretary?

I genuinely thought  Tugendhat would back Rishi so I suspect  a big cabinet job has been promised to him. Cynical souls that I am.

• Like 1

Boris being gone just opens the door for the next millionaire politician will walk in. No matter what party you support, their all rotten imo. Anyone who wants to be a politicain should never be allowed to be politicians.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Guarantee you she will. Think she'll probably keep her current post. Doesn't hurt the Tories to keep banging on about the licence fee for a couple more years.

She's a distraction from the surreptitious manoeuvres of the Fascist faction that has taken control of the Conservative party.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Guarantee you she will. Think she'll probably keep her current post. Doesn't hurt the Tories to keep banging on about the licence fee for a couple more years.

I thought there were rumours Boris was going to elevate Nadine Dorries to the house of Lords in his resignation honours?

On 27/07/2022 at 22:41, DCI Frank Burnside said:

davonne-rogers-pretends-to-be-shocked.gif

Can’t think why he’s packing Nadine off to the Lords…

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I thought there were rumours Boris was going to elevate Nadine Dorries to the house of Lords in his resignation honours?

You can still be a cabinet minister if you are in the Lords. You’re still a parliamentarian. 

2 minutes ago, Windsor said:

You can still be a cabinet minister if you are in the Lords. You’re still a parliamentarian. 

Yes but it would be very unusual to have a secretary of state  in the house of lords. Apart from anytelse it would pee off ambitious  tory mps that Truss,wasn't picking promotions from the commons and instead going out of their way to hold onto Dorries in the Lords as a cabinet player.

36 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Yes but it would be very unusual to have a secretary of state  in the house of lords. Apart from anytelse it would pee off ambitious  tory mps that Truss,wasn't picking promotions from the commons and instead going out of their way to hold onto Dorries in the Lords as a cabinet player.

Gordon Brown appointed a few. Lord Mandelson being an example.

7 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Gordon Brown appointed a few. Lord Mandelson being an example.

Yes I know there are exceptions  but  I would be surprised if Liz Truss expended political capital trying to be unconventional in giving a cabinet position to a Lords based Dorries- a person who has been one of the few people to have been a hindrance to her campaign.  I think it's much more likely she'll put someone like Steve Baker in her cabinet. 

37 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Yes I know there are exceptions  but  I would be surprised if Liz Truss expended political capital trying to be unconventional in giving a cabinet position to a Lords based Dorries- a person who has been one of the few people to have been a hindrance to her campaign.  I think it's much more likely she'll put someone like Steve Baker in her cabinet. 

I guess it depends if Truss wants a stalker.

Nadine Dorres will lodge her head just as far up her arse as she has done for Johnson. Being blindly, illogically loyal to useless leaders is one of the few things she does well.

• Haha 1

Nadine Dorries shaves her head in latest attempt to save Boris Johnson.

Wibble.

3FE22E3F-91E6-4DD6-966B-60C8315CEAEB.thumb.jpeg.2efc9f866e4715d13eae8ff5cee37744.jpeg