DevonDeathTrip

Aretha Franklin

15 minutes ago, markb4 said:

An insider says that she's currently "comfortable at home", so it looks like she's out of the hospital, but "recovery is not looking likely".

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/aretha-franklin-is-not-doing-well-amid-battle-with-health-issues/

I recall they said a similar thing about Barbara bush hours before she died..this Is the guardians take on it....https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/aug/13/aretha-franklin-reportedly-gravely-ill

• Sad 1

Why did the committee put Linda Nolan on  this years list instead of her? 

4 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

Why did the committee put Linda Nolan on  this years list instead of her? 

To be honest, i found their choices for this year deathlist quite risky : there are some good picks but some other relevant celebrities should have been here

Take a wild guess what she'll be saying at the pearly gates to George Michael...

2 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Take a wild guess what she'll be saying at the pearly gates to George Michael...

:clivedunn:

• Like 2

Word on the street is it's palliative care....

It's a long word, but it's a word....

• Like 1

Maybe she can last a little longer, like, another 141 days or so...

• Like 1

Sounds like a return of pancreatic cancer? (Confirming that she actually had it, if true)

Just now, gcreptile said:

Sounds like a return of pancreatic cancer? (Confirming that she actually had it, if true)

I'd guess so. She always denied having it, though I'm sure one of her publicists recently mentioned her having fought pancreatic cancer in 2010.

I think that article is repeating what we already know, just with a different headline. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

TMZ Sayz: "9:58 AM PT -- Our sources say doctors have informed Aretha's family today (Monday) is the day "Aretha will pass.""

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/13/aretha-franklin-gravely-ill-dying/

TMZ, did you really have to spoil the fun of the sweepstakes by telling us when she’s going to die? 

• Like 1

Just now, Joey Russ said:

TMZ, did you really have to spoil the fun of the sweepstakes by telling us when she’s going to die? 

If they'd like to spoil the results of my 2019 shortlist on December 31st, that'll do me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

That's cool, all the DP Admins can get a jump on divvying points.  May as well mark today as the official date then.

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

That's cool, all the DP Admins can get a jump on divvying points.  May as well mark today as the official date then.

UK or USA time?

Well, as I am going to sleep now, and Aretha hasn't yet begun hers....thanks for all the Soul...

So I guess that means she’s most likely safe for the day then. It won’t be long for her demise to happen though...

10 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So I guess that means she’s most likely safe for the day then. It won’t be long for her demise to happen though...

Two hours left in the day. 

Very sad, but not expected. She's apparently in hospice, but as with Barbara Bush, just because you're in hospice doesn't necessarily indicate a long, drawn out battle. I wonder if she's been in hospice for a while, or just recently.

When she passes, it'll easily be the biggest musical passing since Whitney or even Michael. It'll be a sad moment, especially for all of her fans like myself.

1 minute ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Very sad, but not expected. She's apparently in hospice, but as with Barbara Bush, just because you're in hospice doesn't necessarily indicate a long, drawn out battle. I wonder if she's been in hospice for a while, or just recently.

When she passes, it'll easily be the biggest musical passing since Whitney or even Michael. It'll be a sad moment, especially for all of her fans like myself.

Appears to have just happened.  And, to be specific, it's home hospice care.  You're correct, it doesn't necessarily indicate a long battle.  In fact, this last stage looks like it won't last long at all.