Jump to content
BirdieNumNums

1. Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

In fact I think he is the oldest living of all the men  who have ever been on the deathlist. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Well, if you insist.... the oldest man must be Oscar Niemeyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well, if you insist.... the oldest man must be Oscar Niemeyer.


Oscar Niemeyer is dead

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh...I am so careless with the reading sometimes..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

In fact I think he is the oldest living of all the men  who have ever been on the deathlist. Correct me if I'm wrong! Olivia de Haviland is the oldest woman of course.

Correct.

 

Yep Olivia de Havilland is the oldest

 then Vera Lynn then Phil then Betty White,Carl Reiner and Pierre Cardin.

 

Niemeyer is the oldest man to appear on Deathlist.Brooke Astor being the oldest woman and the only DL candidate to make it to 105.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Sigh...I am so careless with the reading sometimes..

It's probably my fault for not making it clear what I meant. I meant there is no man who has ever been on the list in the past  still alive who is  older than Prince Philip Of course there have been a lot on the list in the past  older than Prince Philip who are dead now ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

It's probably my fault for not making it clear what I meant. I meant there is no man who has ever been on the list in the past  still alive who is  older than Prince Philip Of course there have been a lot on the list in the past  older than Prince Philip who are dead now ! 


No let gc hang his head in shame and contemplate his error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I was wondering. If Philip would die, let's say tonight, would they keep the news out of media as long as the Corona virus keeps spreading / is making victims? I mean it wouldn't be wise to organise a (state) funeral if authorities are asking to avoid big events? What do you guys think? 

If so, he could be dead for almost a week now. :dead:

 

(btw sorry for my English, not my mother tongue unfortunately)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, no. If Philip died during a COVID outbreak he would be buried privately without fanfare, like any mortal.

 

Or they better get a good embalmer...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like if he did end up dying over a week back something would’ve leaked about his death by this point even if there’s no official announcement 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gelef29 said:

Hi all,

I was wondering. If Philip would die, let's say tonight, would they keep the news out of media as long as the Corona virus keeps spreading / is making victims? I mean it wouldn't be wise to organise a (state) funeral if authorities are asking to avoid big events? What do you guys think? 

If so, he could be dead for almost a week now. :dead:

 

(btw sorry for my English, not my mother tongue unfortunately)


Doubtful. I imagine his death will be made public within the space of an hour or two after it occurs.

There's a process in place for this death called "Operation Forth Bridge".

The Prime Minister is notified first and then an official announcement will be made by the Palace. I imagine the BBC will be first to break it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There would be no reason not to announce his death. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Toast said:

There would be no reason not to announce his death. 

Well they could delay it, Toastie.

I'm sure there are plenty of deep freezers in Sandringham to store him in for a week or two.:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well they could delay it, Toastie.

I'm sure there are plenty of deep freezers in Sandringham to store him in for a week or two.:D

Think the Queen would use the distraction straight away

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think the public would be too shocked that a 99 year old skeleton died of the coronavirus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won't be a major issue. Philip afaik has already instructed that he doesn't want a big funeral anyway. Presumably similar to Margaret's to some extent maybe a bit even a bit more lower key given the current circumstances

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gelef29 said:

Hi all,

I was wondering. If Philip would die, let's say tonight, would they keep the news out of media as long as the Corona virus keeps spreading / is making victims? I mean it wouldn't be wise to organise a (state) funeral if authorities are asking to avoid big events? What do you guys think? 

If so, he could be dead for almost a week now. :dead:

 

(btw sorry for my English, not my mother tongue unfortunately)

I'm guessing the announcement would come tonight or tomorrow but the funeral will be downgraded from a state funeral in light of corona virus concerns.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours he has died but the Queen met two navy men today and looked cheerful - surely she wouldn't if he was dead or very close to dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been told by a friend who has a friend (yes, I know!) who works in Buckingham Palace that he has died.

 

How true it is I have no idea, but thought I'd pass along.

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Just been told by a friend who has a friend (yes, I know!) who works in Buckingham Palace that he has died.

 

How true it is I have no idea, but thought I'd pass along.

 

Everybody has an insider these days.

 

I'll wait for an official announcement. Given Phil has always wanted a no fuss funeral arrangement he couldn't have picked a better time to cark it if he has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t be surprised if he has snuffed it he looked awful at Christmas, if true we should hear in next couple of hours as I doubt they could keep it quiet for that long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Rumours he has died but the Queen met two navy men today and looked cheerful - surely she wouldn't if he was dead or very close to dying.

Maybe he gone after the Queen met that two navy men?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if true three days off work for everyone, schools closed....

 

Wait a minute.....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My “source” confirmed the devastating news. Prince Philip is still alive 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use