Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

Just now, Heef said:

That's it. I'm definitely going to select Dario G for next year's DDP team.

All three of them?

• Like 1

Great vocalist 

Just now, ObakeFilter said:

All three of them?

You're right. At the rate the 90s artists are dropping off, two of them'll probably be due this year.

(good spotting)

I'm not a huge fan of him tbh. But anyone who thought the year 2016 was over may have to think about that again. This is certainly the biggest music death, minus Chuck Berry of course, of the year so far.

23 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

But anyone who thought the year 2016 was over may have to think about that again. 

:scratchhead:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

:scratchhead:

I meant it more metaphorically. People are saying that it's no longer the year of big deaths, but I think it's continued into this year. That was what I was saying, I clearly know it's 2017. :lol: 

I could have sworn that Chris Cornell died months ago.

Maybe it was another Audioslave/Soundgarden member, but they're all alive as I just checked.

^^^ betcha you're thinking on Scott Weiland.....

Being a grunge singer is beginning to look like a dangerous profession. Eddie Veder is the only one i can think of that's still alive.

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Being a grunge singer is beginning to look like a dangerous profession. Eddie Veder is the only one i can think of that's still alive.

Mark Arm, John Robinson (The Fluid), Mark Lanegan, John Bigley, Tad Doyle, Michael Anderson (Blood Circus), David Emmanuel Duet, Courtney Love. Robert Roth, Shawn Smith, I can go on...

Detroit Police suspect suicide after the rocker was found dead in his hotel bathroom.

Way to leave two innocent kids behind you worthless POS father.  Fahk Chris Cornell.

Don't give me the 'inner demons' speech, grow up & get over them.  Oh you'd like to voice an alternative position--pound sand up YOUR arse too.  Alls he gots to does is look at his kids and that's the reason to do all you can for as long as you can.  May God damn him to hell (thus the name of this thread). 
Oh, and Chris, for the record, I didn't listen to your $hite music.  My ex-wife did, and it was the primary reason she's my ex, gawdamn Soundgarden CDs.
SC

• Like 1

You know its possible that he had a heart attack or something don't immediately jump to suicide. 

5 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

You know its possible that he had a heart attack or something don't immediately jump to suicide. 

He was very active to the last day, with no known health issues. He died all of a sudden. Of course there's going to be a possibility of suicide, but that doesn't mean he did actually do it.

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Detroit Police suspect suicide after the rocker was found dead in his hotel bathroom.

Way to leave two innocent kids behind you worthless POS father.  Fahk Chris Cornell.

Don't give me the 'inner demons' speech, grow up & get over them.  Oh you'd like to voice an alternative position--pound sand up YOUR arse too.  Alls he gots to does is look at his kids and that's the reason to do all you can for as long as you can.  May God damn him to hell (thus the name of this thread). 
Oh, and Chris, for the record, I didn't listen to your $hite music.  My ex-wife did, and it was the primary reason she's my ex, gawdamn Soundgarden CDs.
SC

You are incredibly ignorant. You think people commit suicide because they just felt like it? Please read up on depression and practice empathy.

Damn, heard of this this morning.  Very sad news as Soundgarden and Audioslave are two of my favorite bands (but can't forget Temple Of The Dog)!
His wife is saying that he had had no suicidal thoughts prior to this: http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/18/chris-cornell-suicide-death-wife/

At this rate, I think a vocalist like Courtney Love or Eddie Vedder could die soon, 1 more likely than the other (you all know which one...)
R.i.P Chris, one of the best frontmen in rock!

Eyehategod's singer vocalist Mike IX Williams recent update indicates he is recovering since his December liver transplant, much to the dismay of a couple of my DP teams.
SC

On ‎18‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 18:52, ObakeFilter said:

Mark Arm, John Robinson (The Fluid), Mark Lanegan, John Bigley, Tad Doyle, Michael Anderson (Blood Circus), David Emmanuel Duet, Courtney Love. Robert Roth, Shawn Smith, I can go on...

And though Dave Grohl started out as a drummer for Nirvana, I think Foo Fighters is also a Seattle based entity by themselves.

I know I'm late but who would have expected that yet another of grunge's icons would die by suicide in the 2010s? He had a wife and young kids too. Just goes to show that fame and fortune does not necessarily mean happiness.

With Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland and Chris Cornell all dead, that leaves Eddie Vedder as the only major grunge band frontman still living!

8 hours ago, Weebl said:

I know I'm late but who would have expected that yet another of grunge's icons would die by suicide in the 2010s? He had a wife and young kids too. Just goes to show that fame and fortune does not necessarily mean happiness.

With Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland and Chris Cornell all dead, that leaves Eddie Vedder as the only major grunge band frontman still living!

Fucksake

• Like 2

On 18/05/2017 at 10:47, Spade_Cooley said:

Fuck you for making me google to see if anyone from Tad had died.

Ah, God's Balls and the awesome original cover for 8 Way Santa - haven't played them in ages

rs-180157-tad.jpg

20 hours ago, Weebl said:

I believe Buzz Osborne counts as major, let alone major grunge band singer.

• Like 1