Magere Hein

Death In The Family

Thanks to everyone. It's strange to describe my mood today, very saddened but moreso melancholy than bawling. I suppose it's the mix of knowing it was coming, and reflecting on a life well lived while keeping in mind those who are still with you.

Never like to see this thread's title shown as 'updated'.

Very sorry to hear the loss of your grandmother D.I.

SC

• Like 2

My Aunt died in a hospital near her home in Portugal overnight from complications from heart disease, kidney failure and emphysema.She would have turned 66 next week.Not a shock as she had been ill for a couple of years now but still very sad though.

My Aunt died in a hospital near her home in Portugal overnight from complications from heart disease, kidney failure and emphysema.She would have turned 66 next week.Not a shock as she had been ill for a couple of years now but still very sad though.

my condolences.
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear that, Shaun.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss, Shaun.

• Like 1

Awful news Shaun, my thoughts are with you and my sincerest condolences to you and yours.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss Shaun, always sad when someone close to you dies RIP.

• Like 1

My condolences, Shaun.

• Like 1

I was informed just now that my grandma died yesterday. It was to be expected, as she had recently entered hospice care, but still saddening news and I'll miss her very much. Still, she lived a very good life having died at 87, and thankfully she wasn't in much pain and went peacefully. I'm grateful I managed to visit her one last time in January, when, though frail, she still was mentally intact and not yet bedridden.

Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well considering the circumstances.

• Like 1

Shauin, Deepest condolences and sorry for your loss

• Like 1

I was informed just now that my grandma died yesterday. It was to be expected, as she had recently entered hospice care, but still saddening news and I'll miss her very much. Still, she lived a very good life having died at 87, and thankfully she wasn't in much pain and went peacefully. I'm grateful I managed to visit her one last time in January, when, though frail, she still was mentally intact and not yet bedridden.

So sorry to hear that mate.Thoughts are with you and all your family and friends at this very sad time!

• Like 1

My Deepest sympathies to you Shaun.

Peace to all her knew her.

SC

• Like 1

Not exactly family, but one of my sons friends died on Saturday Aged only 30 :-(

What happen?

Heart attack.

how did he have a heart attack so young?

Holy shit. Did he have a history of heart problems? Or was it just out of the blue?