RadGuy

20th Century Americans Sitcoms

Hey, if they've already been mentioned on the forum, I try to quote the poster - I'd have no objections to others posting this elsewhere, especially in this instance.

• Like 1

I have recently seen a few episodes of Benson (on a new digital channel which seems devoted to old sitcoms, Diffrent Strokes, Good Times etc). Saw that James Noble was still alive and was debating whether he was fame-worthy enough for inclusion on my Personal 50 for 2017. Moot point now.

Guest Guest

I have recently seen a few episodes of Benson (on a new digital channel which seems devoted to old sitcoms, Diffrent Strokes, Good Times etc). Saw that James Noble was still alive and was debating whether he was fame-worthy enough for inclusion on my Personal 50 for 2017. Moot point now.

what channel is that? doesn't seem to be on my tv in UK. The actor who played Benson must be getting on in years too. anyone have any idea what state of health he's in? used to watch the show a lot as a kid

what channel is that? doesn't seem to be on my tv in UK. The actor who played Benson must be getting on in years too. anyone have any idea what state of health he's in? used to watch the show a lot as a kid

Robert Guillaume had a stroke 16 years ago, seems to have made a near to full recovery, but always possibility that he could suffer another one.

Doris Roberts dead at 90.

Well, shit, I didn't expect that.

But at least Betty White's still alive. Betty's making it to 100. Yeah!

Don`t jinx Betty!!Sad to hear about Doris though!:( Could be a big year for American sitcom deaths.Lots of low hanging fruit.

Same.

Odd thing to say about a pear shaped 90 year old but she was still getting regular tv gigs so I assumed she had some years left.

• Like 1

Don`t jinx Betty!!Sad to hear about Doris though!:( Could be a big year for American sitcom deaths.Lots of low hanging fruit.

It's not even possible to jinx Betty.

It's fucking impossible for Betty to NOT make it to 100.

Poor old Doris has been in my crosshairs for a couple of years. Dr_T 6 : Deathlist 5

I watched this show on morning TV for a while but got tired of it as it seemed very repetitious. Three of the main cast are gone now - one of the twins committed suicide almost exactly a year ago and the father died ten years back. I was really surprised when I found out he played the monster in Young Frankenstein!

However Raymond himself is alive and well, currently appearing in Vinyl.

Ray Romano is actually really good in Vinyl, even if he is clearly ACTING.

Oscar nomination within five years?

I watched this show on morning TV for a while but got tired of it as it seemed very repetitious. Three of the main cast are gone now - one of the twins committed suicide almost exactly a year ago and the father died ten years back. I was really surprised when I found out he played the monster in Young Frankenstein!

Peter boyle was also in the x files as well very good their.

Peter boyle was also in the x files as well very good their.

Just walk away, don't even start. I know, I know but it will just be falling on deaf ears. Pretend you didn't see it.

• Like 2

'Michu' Meszaros, eponymous star of 80's sitcom 'Alf' has died aged 76.

michu-meszaros.jpgkbVD8kNhRZiuH8hSi0dt_Alf.jpg

He was previously a performer for Ringling Brothers/Barnum & Baileys, billed as the smallest man in the world.

He was previously a performer for Ringling Brothers/Barnum & Baileys, billed as the smallest man in the world.

That's not him, by the way in the second picture. He was only playing Alf when filmed with a full figure. The rest of the show was done with a puppet like the muppets.

I hope I did not put up a spoiler that Alf was not really an alien....

I was too young to stay up to watch Alf when it was airring but I remember his comeback in Pog Form in the 90's.

God, I hated that fucking show. My family watched it some.

SC

• Like 1

God, I hated that effing show. My family watched it some.

SC

Well that's one thing we have in common Sir Creep.

God, I hated that effing show. My family watched it some.

SC

Well that's one thing we have in common Sir Creep.

I loved it.

I'm aware of the programme but never watched it. Like YoungWillz I was too busy shagging.

• Like 1

Doris Roberts from the Everybody Loves Raymond turns 90 this year

Ann Morgan Guilbert who played Yetta on The Nanny who has been working since the early 60's with parts on tv show in films almost every year has no credits or anything in production IMDB for 2015

Estelle Harris and Jerry Stiller who played George's parents on Seinfeld are in their late 80's

Although still in good health Norman Lloyd from St Elsewhere turns 101 this year

Guilbert dies aged 87: http://deadline.com/2016/06/ann-morgan-guilbert-dies-dick-van-dyke-show-1201773594/

Edit: 2 DDP teams await a qo.

Edit 2: Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3643646/Ann-Morgan-Guilbert-star-The-Dick-Van-Show-dies.html

• Like 1