themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2016

Once again, I take my hat off to you, TMIB, and to all participants for allowing the competition to go from strength to strength.

Thank you sir and thank you all.

DAAS.

Totally agree. If anyone ever deserves a 'like' for their post, it'll be TMIB when he announces that the teams have been uploaded.

The rules to the competition could be debated ad infinitum, but I'm glad we're not forgetting the massive effort TMIB is putting in right now, just so we have a game to argue about in the first place. :clap:

• Like 8

Personally I think TMIB should charge a £2 entry fee per team, this would weed out the time wasters and give him a bit of cash to help pay the website bills.

Maybe use a small amount of the fees to offer a prize to the winner.

Getting there, just about.

There will be 484 teams this year, nearly 900 new names and 90+ new teams...

• Like 6

Of all of the suggestions I have heard in this forum the one where they need a Wiki page at least one year old I think has the most merit

The only trouble with the Wiki page suggestion is that there are quite a few people who should have pages and don't - actress Toni Palmer for one.

I'd like to see non-famous entries banned too, unless they've done a lot to highlight their disease throughout the years and have in turn become, if not famous, then a familiar face, rather than just "brave mother of three" whose sent news of their dying blog to the Daily Mail. So - someone like Hayley Okines (age notwithstanding) or Jane Tomlinson would be accepted but some otherwise unfamous "brave mother of three" who's publicised their "last Christmas" in the local press and somehow the DM have sezied upon it wouldn't.

Not that I'm whinging either, by the way. I think TMIB does a tremendous job.

• Like 1

Personally I think TMIB should charge a £2 entry fee per team, this would weed out the time wasters and give him a bit of cash to help pay the website bills.

Maybe use a small amount of the fees to offer a prize to the winner.

Personally I think a voluntary donation scheme for the website bills would be much better, with no prize for the winner. I'm extremely uncomfortable with the notion of profiting from my picks deaths and would no longer enter the competition if there was a monetary prize. I find the fact the Deathrace offers a cash prize uncomfortable enough as it is (even if the tradition is to donate it to charity).

Is the highest number of entries?

No, a whopping 588 in 2013 s the record.

Here is my list.

Should I be concerned that I never received an acknowledgement email last night when I sent it?

Martin Crowe (joker)

Bhumibol Adulyadej

Bonnie Brown

Gordon Ross

Jenny Diski

Joey Feek

Gordon Aikman

Peter Esterhazy

Yoshiro Nakamatsu

Kate Grainger

Rev. Billy Graham

Fidel Castro

John Noakes

Johnny Beattie

Clive James

Denis Norden

Desmond Tutu

Fernando Rickson

Lady Mary Wilson

Lord Carrington

Gordon Ross, Right to die campaigner dies at 67. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35301619 I assume daas means this chap, however, still awaiting a QO if so under the new rules.

As always let me know if you need any help with bio for the new names or just give me a couple of letters and I will plug away.

Likewise, would be happy to take on bio-writing duties and even the obits for the frontpage if needed.

Prediction: The current hits record of 15 is going to be broken this year by more than one team. Score record, too, as the almost logical consequence.

"Sadly", I'll have the jobs upgrade from next month on. If not, I had considered helping with the bios and/or even "applying" to run one of the regular deadpools myself. Huge thanks to everyone involved.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-35301011:First hit of the year for me.Albert McQuarrie former Scottish Conservative MP.

I am not sure if that one counts or it's considered regional,this Telegraph one does though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/12097701/Albert-McQuarrie-MP-obituary.html

• Like 1

1. Sacheen Littlefeather (1946): The Native American girl who Marlon Brando sent up to the Oscars 1974. Breast cancer.

2. Benjamin Ferencz (1920): Lawyer from the Nuremberg Trials after WW2. Really old now.

3. Conrad Phillips (1925): British actor who had to retire from acting due to back pain, replacement knees, etc.

4. Violet Brown (1900): Last person born during Queen Victoria's reign.

5. Stanley Donen (1924): Last director of the Golden Age of Hollywood.

6. Debbie Reynolds (1932): Was unable to accept a recent award because of a slow surgery recovery.

7. Joe Jackson (1928): Michael's father.

8. Wilford Brimley (1934): Overweight, has diabetes, and so on.

9. Pat Hitchcock (1928): I'm keeping her from my 2015 DDP.

10. Peter Sutcliffe (1946): One can only hope...

11. Jerry Lewis (1926): Countless of health issues throughout decades.

12. Lata Mangeshkar (1929): Popular Indian singer, in poor health during her 85th birthday.

13. Wolo Soyinka (1934): Nigerian author, won the Nobel Prize 1986. Prostate cancer.

14. Mary Tyler Moore (1936): Even Dick Van Dyke implies the end is near for her.

15. Agne Simonsson (1935): In poor health since 5 years. Token Swede.

16. Bobby Vee (1943): Singer with Alzheimer's disease since 2012.

17. Christopher Lloyd (1937): I bet something's wrong with his health, but he didn't die in 2015 cuz he wanted to experience the 30th anniversary of BTTF.

18. Hasse Alfredson (1931): Another token Swede.

19. Vojislav Seselj (1954): Boring politician.

20. Zsa Zsa Gabor (1917): Makes a comeback from my first DDP in 2013. If she survives this year, she'll reach 100. That's crazy!!!

Conrad Phillips: http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jan/13/conrad-phillips

To second what those above have said, I'm happy to offer bio writing services :)

To second what those above have said, I'm happy to offer bio writing services :)

Just need Morbidkid to offer now. :evil2:

• Like 2

Cunt ray myuzik sinker Joy Freak has dyed at the age of 40 from can, sir.

• Like 11

Guest I. D. I. O. T.

How dare you compare me to him...

Cunt ray myuzik sinker Joy Freak has dyed at the age of 40 from can, sir.

Surely an early contender for post of the year?

Guest KillAllConservatives

Albert McQuarrie is dead, any conservative death is good riddance, I hope he rots in hell

For the List of the Missed??

Persian Princess Ahsraf Pahlevi http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3391409/Ashraf-Pahlavi-twin-sister-Iran-shah-dead-96.html

(Was nominated in 2015, so maybe agein in 2016...) http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2015/celebs_P.html#pahlaa

i wish. She was on my list and I foolishly took her off for this year. :banghead: