RadGuy

Ideas And Possibilities For 2017

Here's ten names I feel are worthy of consideration by others (and indeed the committee) for whatever list your doing.

Some of the names I'm a bit surprised aren't more popular choices previously.

Anyway just some suggestions

The Dowager Duchess of Grafton - 96 year old aristocrat guaranteed an obituary in The Daily Telegraph and pretty much The Times also.

Lord Snowden 86 year old ex husband of Princess Margaret

Hans Rausing SNR 90 year old Swedish billionaire who inherited the lucrative Tetrapak empire

Burt Bacharach

Pierre Cardin 94 year old Italian born French Fashion designer

Moon Landrieu 86 year old Former US Secretary of housing and Urban development in Jimmy Carter's cabinet. Guaranteed a broadsheet obituary imo

Tam Dalyell former Labour MP and "originater " of the famous "West Lothian question"

87 year old golden era Hollywood star Arlene Dahl

89 year old Oscar winning actor Sidney Poitier-also notable for being the first African American actor to win a best actor Oscar.

Ageing showbiz veteran Lionel Blair

Cheers ☺

Hans Rausing - dad of the hopeless Meth-head, right?

How is the young caner doing these days?

Oh I didn't know there was some scandalous history in his family?? '

Here's ten names I feel are worthy of consideration by others (and indeed the committee) for whatever list your doing.

The Dowager Duchess of Grafton - 96 year old aristocrat guaranteed an obituary in The Daily Telegraph and pretty much The Times also.

Hans Rausing SNR 90 year old Swedish billionaire who inherited the lucrative Tetrapak empire

Burt Bacharach

Moon Landrieu 86 year old Former US Secretary of housing and Urban development in Jimmy Carter's cabinet. Guaranteed a broadsheet obituary imo

Tam Dalyell former Labour MP and "originater " of the famous "West Lothian question"

89 year old Oscar winning actor Sidney Poitier-also notable for being the first African American actor to win a best actor Oscar.

Cheers ☺

Arlene is 91. The same names keep popping up in this thread all the time but none of them will be added for sure. Again we will get a list of people most of us never even heard of.

Burt Bacharach

Cheers ☺

Arlene is 91. The same names keep popping up in this thread all the time but none of them will be added for sure. Again we will get a list of people most of us never even heard of.

My mistake I misrembered Arlene as being born in 1929!

I want to bring attention to an elephant in the room among writers, which is the health of Philip Pullman.

For those who don't know of him, he's a writer of young adult novels, and a highly regarded one at that.

Anyhow, here's what I know:

1. He's ill. Apparently very ill.

2. In 2010, he had to pull out of the Hay festival, at short notice, due to ill health.

3. In 2012, he had to cancel an appearance with Neil Gaiman. Gaiman made this tweet about it at the time.

4. Circa 2013, he was involved in a photo shoot for the BBC, but wasn't expected to make it due to being "seriously ill", and was in massive amounts of pain.

5. Last year, he made the following comments to The New Statesman:

I shall vote for the National Health Action Party, because the NHS has been very good to me in recent years. That won’t win, either, but it feels less trivial to vote for it. But what I want above all is a voting system that allows the votes of the people to be reflected accurately in the make-up of parliament. If that means deals and coalitions, fine; but please let’s get away from the current arrangement, which is no better than a lottery.

In short, he's ill, he's been ill for a number of years, and a lot of in the know folk are worried about him, but I don't know specifically what's up.

• Like 3

Burt Bacharach

Cheers ☺

My mistake I misrembered Arlene as being born in 1929!

Bigger chance for her to die :)

Burt Bacharach

Cheers ☺

Hans Rausing - dad of the hopeless Meth-head, right?

How is the young caner doing these days?

Oh I didn't know there was some scandalous history in his family?? '

Scandal. mebbe just full-blown tragedy. The point being he may well beat his dad into the hereafter. My bad btw, he's a smackhead, not a methhead

Link: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/hans-kristian-rausing

• Like 1

We might need to brush up on Barry Bennell, thoughtfully the Beeb have given us the basics

62, he lives in Milton Keynes and if he so much as sticks his head out of the window these days the tabloids will tell us. It may be enough to drive a thrice convicted nonce to heart failure or self-destruction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38104681

• Like 2

Dario Gradi much more at risk of joining the choir invisible imho, remember in America it was Paterno that died the following year, not Sandusky.

• Like 1

The sixteen I'd get rid of for the 2017 list.

Javier Perez De Cueller

Liz Smith

James Randi

Lord Carrington

Henry Kissenger

Doug Ellis

Vera Lynn

Sandy Gall

Fats Domino

Robert M Pirsig

Lester Piggott

Stan Lee

Jake Lamotta

Murray Walker

Jimmy Greaves

Paul Gascoigne

George Bush sr replaces Castro in my returning 25.

I've paid my tuppence (not a euphemism), therefore I can list my dozen death deniers from this year's list.

James Randi

Peter Sallis

Clive James

Duke of Edinburgh

Jimmy Carter

Henry Kissinger

Tommy Chong

Fidel Castro

Lester Piggott

Jake LaMotta

John Noakes

Stan Lee

None of these people will die in 2017.

You're right. Fidel Castro will not die in 2017. Don't know about everyone else, but at least you were smart enough to figure out one.

• Like 2

Anyone given much consideration to the few remaining senior member's of the American Kennedy political Dynasty from the "Camelot" era?

The only remaining sibling of JFK Jean Kennedy and Bobby Kennedys widow Ethel?

Would be a shame especially for the deathlist if they die without being on anyone's lists?

They would be a bad miss if that happened imo.

I've paid my tuppence (not a euphemism), therefore I can list my dozen death deniers from this year's list.

James Randi

Peter Sallis

Clive James

Duke of Edinburgh

Jimmy Carter

Henry Kissinger

Tommy Chong

Fidel Castro

Lester Piggott

Jake LaMotta

John Noakes

Stan Lee

None of these people will die in 2017.

You're right. Fidel Castro will not die in 2017. Don't know about everyone else, but at least you were smart enough to figure out one.
It's nice to be right ;-)
  • Like 2

Disney imagineer Xavier Atencio turns 98 next September.

He created 'The Pirates of the Caribbean' and 'Haunted Mansion' attractions.

Incidentally they were both adapted to the big screen. One successful, one not so.

I would happily share a link to his Wiki profile, however I'm still adjusting to using this device for forum going.

Two old Vietnamese commies surprised me for being still alive: Le Duc Ahn (1920), president from 1992 to 1997, and Do Muoi (1917), prime minister from 1988 to 1991.

Among Cambodians I remember Nuon Chea (1926) and Khieu Sampan (1931).

• Like 1

Just found out that the producer of Yellow Submarine movie and The Beatles cartoon series Al Brodax is still alive aged 90.

And boom goes another possible unique for my Beatles related personages. Arg!!!!!!!!!!

And he's dead. http://www.animationscoop.com/r-i-p-yellow-submarine-producer-al-brodax-1926-2016/

• Like 1

He can't really go in the Life in Prison thread, as he's not in prison, but you know who's apparently still alive? 2012 Pan Breed shortlister Andrew Walker, released in late 2011 from a life sentence on "compassionate grounds" due to having not long left to live. In a care home in Lanarkshire as of February this year.

• Like 1

He can't really go in the Life in Prison thread, as he's not in prison, but you know who's apparently still alive? 2012 Pan Breed shortlister Andrew Walker, released in late 2011 from a life sentence on "compassionate grounds" due to having not long left to live. In a care home in Lanarkshire as of February this year.

Well if you're buying in on those folks you got Lynne Stewart and Sal DiMisi. They don't tend to die due to immediate illness, how long did we wait for Howard Marks? I wish you well my friend.

SC

Well if you're buying in on those folks you got Lynne Stewart and Sal DiMisi. They don't tend to die due to immediate illness, how long did we wait for Howard Marks? I wish you well my friend.

SC

Ah, I decided to avoid him in the end (5 years ago), and he's still breathing.

As for Marks, 15 months, but then again, by the time of his illness, his jail days were so far behind him, he could appear on BBC game shows. Everyone becomes part of the establishment if they live long enough, I guess.

The champion of these cases remains Ernest Saunders though, who was released in 1991 after serving 10 months of a 5 year sentence. He was ruled to have end stage Alzheimer's. He mysteriously made the only documented recovery from Alzheimer's in history, went back to his business work, and is still alive and not demented. The Independent later suggested, euphemistically, that his symptoms had been caused by stress!

• Like 1

Anita Kert Ellis, provided the singing voice of Rita Hayworth in Gilda and also the last living cast member of Gilda. She's 96 and has Alzheimer's.

• Like 1

Tongue cancer, hospitalisation and now eight new charges, Barry Bennell must be considered for the 2017 list.

What are Thomas mairs chances of getting shanked?

SC

I'm a guessing you've never been there SC ??

Nailed on.

Of vague interest to deadpoolers, Claudio Ranieri's mum is still alive.

Hammmmmm, keep forgetting to check on Jose's dad, rumour was he was quite poorly last year, and as an international in his own right (1cap), defo in obit territory.
Aye...get round to checking come list finalising time, and he was hospitalised with pneumonia the month after my mention.

This after brain surgery which caused the Chelsea exit of the son.

Felix is a contender.

I wonder if it would be a good idea for the committee to put Tory MP Nick Boles on DL 2017 as a wildcard.Has head cancer which has a 50/50 5 year survival rate.Also his second cancer fight.Might be worth putting him at 50 or 49 on the list.

• Like 1