RadGuy

Ideas And Possibilities For 2017

Somehow I ended up reading about Beach Boys on Wiki and saw some yogi master and of course ended reading about yogis and I found potential candidates for next year....Baba Hari Dass (1923), Swami Bhoomananda Tirtha (1933), Janakananda Saraswati (1939), Pramukh Swami Maharaj (1921), Satsvarupa dasa Goswami (1939)......took me 20 minutes to write down those names....anyway, their Wikipedia pages are quite long so I think they are relevant enough...I think

Forget Pramukh Swami Maharaj, he's dead. http://www.baps.org/Announcement/2016/His-Holiness-Pramukh-Swami-Maharaj-Passes-Away-5309.aspx and http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/pramukh-swami-maharaj-head-of-baps-passes-away-in-sarangpur_1918578.html

Angie Dickinson anyone? Haven't seen anything about her for years and given she ran with the Rat Pack etc. wondered if she'd be a long shot for 2017?

Angie Dickinson anyone? Haven't seen anything about her for years and given she ran with the Rat Pack etc. wondered if she'd be a long shot for 2017?

She has been on my long list for a while but lack of evidence prevents her getting promoted over more vocal/visual candidates.

Having one of my periodical looks at the fan-mail community for info on celebs who aren't replying to people anymore. It's been an infrequent sources of tips since I noticed Laurence Payne was no longer able to receive mail shortly before his death. Apparently Gene Wilder is believed to be unwell, but that might be those cancer rumours. Otherwise, Jeanne Mockford "is now very ill and is unable to sign autographs no longer."

Having one of my periodical looks at the fan-mail community for info on celebs who aren't replying to people anymore. It's been an infrequent sources of tips since I noticed Laurence Payne was no longer able to receive mail shortly before his death. Apparently Gene Wilder is believed to be unwell, but that might be those cancer rumours. Otherwise, Jeanne Mockford "is now very ill and is unable to sign autographs no longer."

So, bearing in mind the posts above, you could still snag Angie Dickinson with a fan letter, then

So, bearing in mind the posts above, you could still snag Angie Dickinson with a fan letter, then

I was hoping I could snag her with 50 Marlborough's and a martini.

• Like 1

She was Mrs Burt Bacharach for a decade and a half; I'd say she's classier than that

She was Mrs Burt Bacharach for a decade and a half; I'd say she's classier than that

That was blooming classy in that era and BB undoubtedly has written some classy songs, but is a fully paid up member of the Wyman foundation.

That was blooming classy in that era and BB undoubtedly has written some classy songs, but is a fully paid up member of the Wyman foundation.

Wasn't aware of that; is there some Googlable evidence that won't get me arrested if I find it?

• Like 1

Wasn't aware of that; is there some Googlable evidence that won't get me arrested if I find it?

The Townsend Defence doesn't really cut it eh?

The Townsend Defence doesn't really cut it eh?

It worked for him, doubtless a few others - Wyman, Page etc. - pissed themselves laughing when it did

• Like 2

Somehow I ended up reading about Beach Boys on Wiki and saw some yogi master and of course ended reading about yogis and I found potential candidates for next year....Baba Hari Dass (1923), Swami Bhoomananda Tirtha (1933), Janakananda Saraswati (1939), Pramukh Swami Maharaj (1921), Satsvarupa dasa Goswami (1939)......took me 20 minutes to write down those names....anyway, their Wikipedia pages are quite long so I think they are relevant enough...I think

Forget Pramukh Swami Maharaj, he's dead. http://www.baps.org/Announcement/2016/His-Holiness-Pramukh-Swami-Maharaj-Passes-Away-5309.aspx and http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/pramukh-swami-maharaj-head-of-baps-passes-away-in-sarangpur_1918578.html

Oh well, 4 more to go :P next year I'm doing a deathlist of 5 groups with 10 names and each will consist of people related by their job or whatever...like religious figures, actors, musicians, politicians and athletes

Recently the wife of Arthur Hiller(b. 1923) the Director of Love Story died. They had been married since 1948 and had known each other since they were schoolchildren. Wouldn't be surprised if he went soon after.

Correct, he has indeed died: http://deadline.com/2016/08/arthur-hiller-dies-love-story-director-academy-president-1201805019/

• Like 1

Recently the wife of Arthur Hiller(b. 1923) the Director of Love Story died. They had been married since 1948 and had known each other since they were schoolchildren. Wouldn't be surprised if he went soon after.

Correct, he has indeed died: http://deadline.com/2016/08/arthur-hiller-dies-love-story-director-academy-president-1201805019/

Didn't he make a movie that swept the Razzies and ruined his carreer or am i confusing him with the director of Scent of a Woman?

Unlikely that she will make it, but Violet Crumlish, "Queen of the Travellers" , is gravely ill with terminal cancer...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3748590/Travellers-sports-cars-Europe-swamp-British-beauty-spot-say-goodbye-terminally-ill-Lady-Diana-hospital.html

Mark Chapman up for parole next week. He obviously wont get it, but if he ever did, with the number of Beatles devotees about the place, he'd go right in my DDP top 20 as an unnatural death bonus dead cert.

Mark Chapman up for parole next week. He obviously wont get it, but if he ever did, with the number of Beatles devotees about the place, he'd go right in my DDP top 20 as an unnatural death bonus dead cert.

Again? He seems to come up for parole once a month.

So, if he's available for selection who isn't going to pick Gord Downie

Busy news day might just make his obit marginal for DDP, but surely he's a shoo-in if the Beeb think him coverable at his last gig:

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37147588

Busy news day might just make his obit marginal for DDP, but surely he's a shoo-in if the Beeb think him coverable at his last gig:

Not only Auntie Beeb, but ITV and Sky now too. And his illness has been covered in the Guardian and Independent according to Google.

However, the last four months of the year are a killing field for DDP hopefuls...

Not only Auntie Beeb, but ITV and Sky now too. And his illness has been covered in the Guardian and Independent according to Google.

However, the last four months of the year are a killing field for DDP hopefuls...

We have our new Martin Crowe, everybody...

• Like 2

This year, the "canon" of must-haves is relatively small as compared to last year. Of course, everyone has their potential uniques, but the common-knowledge dead-certs are few, a consequence of this year's armageddon.

Basically Gord Downie and Piers Sellers. Plus the possible survivors of this year, Errol Christie and Vera Caslavska. Maybe Mark Sims? A couple of them will still die this year. Next year will be interesting.

We have our new Martin Crowe, everybody...

I was hoping it was Gregg Allman, but Mark Chapman will do