Grim Reaper

38. Prunella Scales

I bet Joanne Woodward didn’t look so good at 90. If Woodward can make it so close to 93, so can Scales. 

Meaning Scales can again be dropped in 2024, but should return in 2025.

• Like 4

She seems OK, but looks a bit weird.  I wouldn't have recognised her.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Toast said:

She seems OK, but looks a bit weird.  I wouldn't have recognised her.

Maybe a little thinner but doesn’t look bad. Could and should have been dropp since 2020. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I really wouldn't be surprised if she outlives Timothy. He looks about 20 years older than her every time I see the pair of them together.

I was about to same the exact same thing, although he doesn't look terrible either.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I really wouldn't be surprised if she outlives Timothy. He looks about 20 years older than her every time I see the pair of them together.

It feels like one of those where they will both go in quick succession as I'd expect the surviving spouse will be lost without the other. They appear a very devoted couple, similar to the Carters. 

• Like 2

Things that occupy part of my memory for no discernible reason: two members of hair metal irritants Skid Row had a spin-off band called Prunella Scales:

NC00NjM5LmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 1

She must have a rare type of dementia that takes her short term memory but even after nearly 20 years has not progressed to the housebound stage 

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be massive shocked if Timothy went before her. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

New photo of Prunella Scales  

Pru - who is that dirty perv with his hand on my knee?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

They both look great for their age and considering their medical issues. Also noteworthy that Prunella is clearly still physically well enough to do gardening. 

• Like 2

Surprised this recent article didn't get mentioned https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12497839/amp/We-exactly-conversation-day-week-never-tire-TIMOTHY-WEST-reveals-anguish-watching-wife-Prunella-Scales-gradually-succumbing-dementia-joy-lifes-simplest-pleasures.html

Note that Timothy West mentions that Prunella is "very well physically".

Also there's a similar article in yesterday's Times behind a paywall. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Surprised this recent article didn't get mentioned https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12497839/amp/We-exactly-conversation-day-week-never-tire-TIMOTHY-WEST-reveals-anguish-watching-wife-Prunella-Scales-gradually-succumbing-dementia-joy-lifes-simplest-pleasures.html

Note that Timothy West mentions that Prunella is "very well physically".

Also there's a similar article in yesterday's Times behind a paywall. 

She also managed to do some audio work. Doesn't strike me as in any immediate danger at all.

• Like 2

One goes, the other won't last six months. 

• Like 4

She looks lovely.

• Like 2

Obviously she has fairly advanced dementia but physically she looks amazing for someone in their 90s (for example her neck is barely wrinkled in that latest photo) and could easily pass for someone in their mid 70s. 

Weird photo, mind - looks like the stuff growing outside the windows is painted on. Is that some artistic expression of how a person in her mental state sees the world or just a trick of the light?

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Weird photo, mind - looks like the stuff growing outside the windows is painted on. Is that some artistic expression of how a person in her mental state sees the world or just a trick of the light?

Trick of the light, same as the one that's making me see "Nappy Anniversary" on the cake board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Her dementia must be of such a rare type in that she is still able to walk/go out in public without having a total loss of dignity.

• Like 1