Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zorders

Overrated People

Malala treats the people of Scotland with contempt. I rest my case. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36923018

]
She doesn't need too. Why do you care so much if she goes to Glasgow or not also lets not forget that ridiculous claim that she did so because she hates Scottish people.

I don't understand how you process information MK. First you state I hate Malala, when quite clearly I just think she's overrated.

Now you declaim that I say she cancelled because she hates Scottish people. I have not said or suggested that. I have stated however that she has shown utter contempt for her "adoring public" in Scotland by cancelling without giving any good reason whatsoever for it. That kind of behaviour is not acceptable from people in the public eye.

Now cease and desist putting words in my mouth. This is not a work of interpretation, this is a work of what is on the page. Oh and btw, don't try and correct my spelling, you got that wrong too. ^_^

oh I see don't play word games with me. Treating people with contempt implies hatred also she could have had a good reason like for example she might be dealing with constipation.

Well, it's her duty to tell us about her bowel movements...that's what the public demands from a Nobel Prize winner.

Well if someone would take her out, Sir Creep would have hits in three different DPs including Shawn's. Help a brother out!

Ah, speaking as a Glaswegian, she doesn't need to come to Glasgow if she doesn't want. When Tony Benn had to cancel an event up here, nobody thought "That bastard!" Ok, he was 88, and dying, and actually my gran thought that, so this analogy dies on its arse. :D Anyhow, it's not someone's fault if their fandom puts them on a pedestal.

What surprises me is that she has a fandom at all. She's done absolutely nothing to gain one. :evil2:

Said the guy who never read her book.

• Like 1

Ah, speaking as a Glaswegian, she doesn't need to come to Glasgow if she doesn't want. When Tony Benn had to cancel an event up here, nobody thought "That bastard!" Ok, he was 88, and dying, and actually my gran thought that, so this analogy dies on its arse. :D Anyhow, it's not someone's fault if their fandom puts them on a pedestal.

What surprises me is that she has a fandom at all. She's done absolutely nothing to gain one. :evil2:

Said the guy who never read her book.

Haven't seen it in the fiction section where it belongs, yet.

Ok, I'll go there...

Caster Semenya, the intersexual olympic runner. I mean, there is a reason the sexes are separated in sports.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll go there...

Caster Semenya, the intersexual olympic runner. I mean, there is a reason the sexes are separated in sports.

That name is flaunting it a bit, too.

• Like 1

I thought the one who took bronze looked more masculine than Semenya but there you have it...

I thought the one who took bronze looked more masculine than Semenya but there you have it...

I think Radcliffe or Lewis were insinuating over the commentary that the condition semenya has is reasonably common among female athletes.

TMIB hit the nail on the head when he said that Margaret Wambui looked more like a man than Semenya. Physically she is not as imposing as Semenya but she looks like she could open the batting for the WI whereas I think we would see Semenya off the long run opening the bowling.

I don't think either of them will be on the cover of Playboy next issue.

I think there will be a lot said about intersex athletes before we head to Tokyo in 2020.

Anna Wintour

I think I've heard enough of his ouvre to come to the conclusion that the music industry's touting Danger Mouse as some sort of messiah as a producer is pure and utter bullshit.  He's ok, that's it; I can name at least a dozen better.  Having DM involved in your project means it has financial backing, yes; but is no guarantee of success (in fact, quite the opposite).

That's right, I said it.  Fuck Danger Mouse.  And for that matter, give the animated series back his name and leave it alone.,,,that was quality programming, that was.
SirC

He's the greatest! He's fantastic!

Also, he's back on Cbeebies nowadays...

p12159956_b_v8_ab.jpg

For a reboot, its alright.

• Like 1

Meat Loaf

On 12/05/2017 at 20:22, Sir Creep said:

I think I've heard enough of his ouvre to come to the conclusion that the music industry's touting Danger Mouse as some sort of messiah as a producer is pure and utter bullshit.  He's ok, that's it; I can name at least a dozen better.  Having DM involved in your project means it has financial backing, yes; but is no guarantee of success (in fact, quite the opposite).

That's right, I said it.  Fuck Danger Mouse.  And for that matter, give the animated series back his name and leave it alone.,,,that was quality programming, that was.
SirC

Still have a lot of time for that DM and Jemini album, which was his last underground release before he became the "crossover" rap producer of record. Fantastic beat:

Harvey Weinstein.

• Like 1

Hilary Clinton.

I don't think anyone actually cares about Hillary Clinton

• Like 2

Watching GBBO can I throw in Noel Fielding and Paul Hollywood?

Fielding especially. 

• Like 1

Not exactly knocking over many sacred cows in these recent posts.

How about:

Lead Belly - baby's first blues musician

Charles Bukowski - literally unreadable and popular solely because any unemployed 22-year-old can drink a bottle of Sailor Jerry's and shit out a rough approximation of his writing style

Pele - congrats on scoring 800 goals past semi-pro players in your home league and being too shit-scared to go to Europe to prove yourself against professionals

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In that case:

Meryl Streep - "greatest actress of her generation", allegedly: dull, over-enunicates her dialogue, but at least she's not Faye Dunaway, I guess.

Iggy Pop - has a few good songs and takes his top off.

HP Lovecraft - turgid unreadable prose and racist as fuck 90% of the time, 5% of the time he wrote a decent tale.

Dutch National Teams Total Football - Did it win the World Cup? Nope. Meanwhile Germany's own brand Total Football won 4, and 3 Euros to boot.

imo, of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But the Dutch  were handicapped by being the tallest nation in World Football , WGS ™

Runner up in the 2 best ever WC's to home nations with dodgy officials (yeah, add another to West Germany's total for '66) and 'nah', not overrated.

Keeping it fitba, 'Argentina' going forward.

Their last coach to win a U-17/8 WC warned that was it. They owned those titles at that point, not won another since.

Scraped through this year solely due to two howlers in the last 3 minutes by a Columbian goalie and when Lionel retires, they are fucked.

Non fitba, The Beatles. Drugged up Merseysiders were never my scene.  Plus they had 'Ringo'.

Actually on that last point, the 'Merseybeat' in general.

Bands with folk in their Court suits ffs.

Plus it was part of Yorkshire, so it should be the Yorkshire Beat.

Most likely he has already been mentioned previously, but due to his raunchy behaviour towards young men / boys Kevin Spacey deserves to be on this thread as well.